We failed.

What NY rapper was using the word "trap"??

The only guy right now that comes to mind who would do something like that would be Fat Joe...and his style was to basically take whatever, or whoever was hotand swagger jack that style to the fullest
smh.gif

Originally Posted by grittyman20

"trap" is common vernacular for everybody up north, not just rappers. so yeah, NY jacked that.

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

Originally Posted by grittyman20

"trap" is common vernacular for everybody up north, not just rappers. so yeah, NY jacked that.
Only traps we talkin about in NYC is ******s, JOs gettin preggo, and enTRAPment.

Southern MCs got no right pointing the finger at NY for "jackin" slang. Especially Jay who whole style is 5%er lingo from Mecca. How you gonna make astatement like that and then come with a flurry of NY originated lingo and lessons? It gets no more NY than that. Song is flames but that little attentiongrabber was corny. _s just goin crazy now with the NYC cheapshots since we lost our voice in the game. That's like me saying "Chicago _s jacked NYswag", then talking about "Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance, word to Larry."

Originally Posted by bluedeniro

^^

its still a jack no matter how you look at it
How? When we been using the word in that way before we even acknowledged the South? Isn't the trap in the south another name for a druginfested hood? Furthermore I don't even be hearing good NY artists rap about the trap.

The most yall can get away with is some NY (lame or relatively new)artists spitting on Southern beats n taking that style.
It's the least they could do after giving them HIP HOP to begin with
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Furthermore I don't even be hearing good NY artists rap about the trap.
Word.

When it comes to Southern slang, what are we talking about? Trap, whoadie, stuntin, wobble dee wobble dee...what else slang yall got down there?

That line always struck me as funny too cause I don't see it. The only slang I heard that was jacked was "what it do" and that was mostly youngdudes and only lasted a hot 6 months before it was back to "what's good."

anything POPULAR gets jacked to a certain degree...............duuuuhhhhh
eyes.gif

same way people tried to sound like up north, and then west coast, and back to up north again...............it all depends on the mainstream influence

down south dudes are thirsty...face it 98% of your music is garbage, nobody wants to be like you, nobody likes the way u talk..

Originally Posted by mdresident

down south dudes are thirsty...face it 98% of your music is garbage, nobody wants to be like you, nobody likes the way u talk..
And just think, the DMV's golden child Wale is crushing the South with every "up North" slang term he uses and raps. Just imaginethat, 3,000 albums sold in his first week and he's so much less thirsty than dudes in the South. He's getting that money!
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by bluedeniro

^^

its still a jack no matter how you look at it
How? When we been using the word in that way before we even acknowledged the South? Isn't the trap in the south another name for a drug infested hood? Furthermore I don't even be hearing good NY artists rap about the trap.

The most yall can get away with is some NY (lame or relatively new)artists spitting on Southern beats n taking that style.
It's the least they could do after giving them HIP HOP to begin with
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

fab saying "where they do that at" is a jack even if he shouted out atl its still a jack, also trap being used as any thing related to drugs comesfrom down south, ive head rappers from jadakiss to jay-z say trap in their songs

Jadakiss...he only said traphouses because he was talking about dope spots in the south tho. Plus he's always been a dude that shows love to all regions.

Originally Posted by mdresident

how are down south dudes thirsty when we are the vocals for hip hop now.....and your percentage of wack rappers down here is way too high....and I could give arats *#+ if NY dudes don't like the way we talk but you best believe the ladies love it

Originally Posted by sparklecity SC

and I could give a rats *#+ if NY dudes don't like the way we talk but you best believe the ladies love it
I could say the same thing...

kanye-shrug.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom