We are all born Atheist.

No.
"Every known culture from the dawn of our species has maintained a belief in some form of a "spiritual" reality. Wouldn't this suggest that human spirituality must represent an inherent characteristic of our species, that is, a genetically inherited trait? Furthermore, being that spirituality, just like language, represents a cognitive function, wouldn't this suggest that our "spiritual" instincts, just like our linguistic ones, must be generated from some very specific physical part within the brain? I informally refer to this site as the "God" part of the brain, a cluster of neurons from which spiritual cognitions, sensations, and behaviors are generated."
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, sans-serif]
[/font]

How else are we to explain the fact that all human cultures - no matter how isolated - have maintained a belief in some form of a spiritual/transcendental reality, in a god or gods, a soul, as well as an afterlife? How else are we to explain the fact that every human culture has built houses of worship through which to pray to such unseen forces? Or that every known culture has buried (or at least disposed of) its dead with a rite that anticipates sending the deceased person's "spiritual" component, or what we call a soul, onward to some next plane, or what we call an afterlife? "

[/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, sans-serif]A belief in an higher power is something we are all born with rather it be past ancestors ormonotheisticits something we are alll born with not taught. We are later taught what to define that feeling. And the doctrices of that feeling becomes a religion. Atheist or agnostics has to be learned.
[/font]

No.
"Every known culture from the dawn of our species has maintained a belief in some form of a "spiritual" reality. Wouldn't this suggest that human spirituality must represent an inherent characteristic of our species, that is, a genetically inherited trait? Furthermore, being that spirituality, just like language, represents a cognitive function, wouldn't this suggest that our "spiritual" instincts, just like our linguistic ones, must be generated from some very specific physical part within the brain? I informally refer to this site as the "God" part of the brain, a cluster of neurons from which spiritual cognitions, sensations, and behaviors are generated."
[/font]

How else are we to explain the fact that all human cultures - no matter how isolated - have maintained a belief in some form of a spiritual/transcendental reality, in a god or gods, a soul, as well as an afterlife? How else are we to explain the fact that every human culture has built houses of worship through which to pray to such unseen forces? Or that every known culture has buried (or at least disposed of) its dead with a rite that anticipates sending the deceased person's "spiritual" component, or what we call a soul, onward to some next plane, or what we call an afterlife? "

[/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, sans-serif]A belief in an higher power is something we are all born with rather it be past ancestors ormonotheisticits something we are alll born with not taught. We are later taught what to define that feeling. And the doctrices of that feeling becomes a religion. Atheist or agnostics has to be learned.
[/font]

Just once I'd like to see a thread revolving around religion and not having to see atheists come in just to say "God doesn't exist, you're all morons," and walk away without contributing anything to the conversation. If you're gonna make that kinda claim the least you could is provide reasoning for your beliefs.

Just once I'd like to see a thread revolving around religion and not having to see atheists come in just to say "God doesn't exist, you're all morons," and walk away without contributing anything to the conversation. If you're gonna make that kinda claim the least you could is provide reasoning for your beliefs.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

See below...

http://www.goodreads.com/...tes/1194.Richard_Dawkins

JM

See below...

http://www.goodreads.com/...tes/1194.Richard_Dawkins

JM

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Originally Posted by Eyrkel

We're all born with God in us.
Nah man, speak for yourself
sounds like a christian 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, sans-serif]A belief in an higher power is something we are all born with rather it be past ancestors or�monotheistic�its something we are alll born with not taught. We are later taught what to define that feeling. And the doctrices of that feeling becomes a religion.[/font]
I wouldn't say that feeling we feel is a belief in a higher power but more so wonderment for our existence and the existence of the Universe.

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, sans-serif]A belief in an higher power is something we are all born with rather it be past ancestors or�monotheistic�its something we are alll born with not taught. We are later taught what to define that feeling. And the doctrices of that feeling becomes a religion.[/font]
I wouldn't say that feeling we feel is a belief in a higher power but more so wonderment for our existence and the existence of the Universe.

I'm not religious at all, religion is the root of all evil. I don't shove it down people's throats though, everyone can believe in whatever they want. Just don't come at me with religious #+@@, I'll shut you down real quick and show you there's no God. Other than that, I stay in my lane.

I'm not religious at all, religion is the root of all evil. I don't shove it down people's throats though, everyone can believe in whatever they want. Just don't come at me with religious #+@@, I'll shut you down real quick and show you there's no God. Other than that, I stay in my lane.

Originally Posted by SubyWill

laugh.gif
 what? its not even one those threads

Originally Posted by SubyWill

laugh.gif
 what? its not even one those threads

Bingo Johnny. I'm non-religious but I still possess that part of my brain that leads me to contemplate the mysteries of our existence and the seemingly infinite cosmic sea that is our universe.  Specific "religions" are most definitely taught and not innate in any way. If I were born in Saudi Arabia, chances are I would be taught to be Muslim. No one is born a Christian, or a Muslim. What is the point of missionary work and efforts to convert others to your religion if it isn't learned?

Bingo Johnny. I'm non-religious but I still possess that part of my brain that leads me to contemplate the mysteries of our existence and the seemingly infinite cosmic sea that is our universe.  Specific "religions" are most definitely taught and not innate in any way. If I were born in Saudi Arabia, chances are I would be taught to be Muslim. No one is born a Christian, or a Muslim. What is the point of missionary work and efforts to convert others to your religion if it isn't learned?

i guess technically we're born without any knowledge of God one way or the other... so maybe that most closely resembles agnosticism?

but even then, it's not quite the same... as i understand it, agnostics believe that it is impossible to know whether or not there is a god.

i guess technically we're born without any knowledge of God one way or the other... so maybe that most closely resembles agnosticism?

but even then, it's not quite the same... as i understand it, agnostics believe that it is impossible to know whether or not there is a god.

God-Part-of-the-Brain-I2.jpg

All humans are born with a part of the brain that "believes in a higher power" or some say is connected to "a higher power" not gonna go ABH in here tho.

When people look up it often releases endorphins from the spinal cord. which is why we subconsciously associate heaven with Up. 

Atheism and the thousands of religions are just human natures need for separatism. 

Back
Top Bottom