Watch Israeli Assassins Take Out a Hamas Leader In Dubai

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

However, I am against assassinations of political leaders, and I think they should be brought face the judicial system through the court of law and dealt with that way instead of straight up being assassinated.
It's Israeli policy thats been ongoing since the country's existence.

What many people dont know (something I just recently found out) is that the Israel Prime Minister must approve of these Mossad hits before they are carried out. Golda Meir approved of the Mossad assassinations of the Munich attackers, Netenyahu approved of assassination attempts in his first time in office and he likely knew that this was going to go down last week.

I have so much admiration and yet feel so much disdain towards the Israeli government. They are one of the most well-organized and powerful countries in the world that are able to achieve whatever they want but I dislike how they have little regard for Arab lives. On the other hand, Arabs have little regard for Israeli lives and even less regard for their own lives.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

However, I am against assassinations of political leaders, and I think they should be brought face the judicial system through the court of law and dealt with that way instead of straight up being assassinated.

What many people dont know (something I just recently found out) is that the Israel Prime Minister must approve of these Mossad hits before they are carried out. Golda Meir approved of the Mossad assassinations of the Munich attackers, Netenyahu approved of assassination attempts in his first time in office and he likely knew that this was going to go down last week.

I have so much admiration and yet feel so much disdain towards the Israeli government. They are one of the most well-organized and powerful countries in the world that are able to achieve whatever they want but I dislike how they have little regard for Arab lives. On the other hand, Arabs have little regard for Israeli lives and even less regard for their own lives.

I know it is Israeli policy. I am just against political assassinations for many reasons when it comes to whoever. There is a reason why Mossad have the best trained snipers in the world. 

The Israeli government are organized and powerful, but that is because they have the backing of the hegemony of the world. I also think they are one of the most ruthless governments out there since their existence. They do things very dirty and just in cold blood for a government that claims they are democratic and for human rights. When you said that Arabs have even less regard for their own lives..Are you talking about political groups that use the method of suicide bomb terrorism?

I know it is Israeli policy. I am just against political assassinations for many reasons when it comes to whoever. There is a reason why Mossad have the best trained snipers in the world. 

The Israeli government are organized and powerful, but that is because they have the backing of the hegemony of the world. I also think they are one of the most ruthless governments out there since their existence. They do things very dirty and just in cold blood for a government that claims they are democratic and for human rights. When you said that Arabs have even less regard for their own lives..Are you talking about political groups that use the method of suicide bomb terrorism?

-Political groups that use suicide bombs
-Arab leaders that treat their people like crap while sending stolen money away to European bank accounts
-Arabs who celebrate the deaths of a handful of Israeli citizens/soldiers, that often comes at the expense of 10x more Arab casualties

The biggest problem is with the crooks that rule over Arab countries. The Israeli/Palestine issue could've been resolved decades ago if crooks like Arafat weren't sending foreign aid money to personal bank accounts and having his family live in France while he continued to 'fight' for the rights of his people (aka put on a show that he was actually trying to help his people in front of the whole world).

The Arab world has become selfish and it has been every-man-for-themselves since Israel's existence. If Arabs/Arab leaders valued their own lives then no one would be sitting here 60-years later complaining about Israel's human rights violations. Instead we have some leaders (like Mubarak) who back Israel in order to win American support and maintain his power. You have other leaders (like Al-Assad) who openly criticize Israel just to win the public's support when it'd be more prudent to sit down with them and work out a lasting solution that would actually benefit his own people. While Israelis and Jews are working in solidarity, Arabs are bickering and fighting and just acting in their own interests.

sorta agree with Carlos. on another note ya'll gotta watch Munich that movie is
pimp.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
definitely top 10 for me

I posted a detailed reply to you Carlos but it did not get through. *sigh* I will try again later, but it will be not as detailed and half-assed. Sorry Carlos. I wanted to get this discussion going.

Assassinations suck because most of the time, the guy that replaces the dead guy is worse and more ruthless.

-Arab leaders that treat their people like crap while sending stolen money away to European bank accounts
-Arabs who celebrate the deaths of a handful of Israeli citizens/soldiers, that often comes at the expense of 10x more Arab casualties

The biggest problem is with the crooks that rule over Arab countries. The Israeli/Palestine issue could've been resolved decades ago if crooks like Arafat weren't sending foreign aid money to personal bank accounts and having his family live in France while he continued to 'fight' for the rights of his people (aka put on a show that he was actually trying to help his people in front of the whole world).

The Arab world has become selfish and it has been every-man-for-themselves since Israel's existence. If Arabs/Arab leaders valued their own lives then no one would be sitting here 60-years later complaining about Israel's human rights violations. Instead we have some leaders (like Mubarak) who back Israel in order to win American support and maintain his power. You have other leaders (like Al-Assad) who openly criticize Israel just to win the public's support when it'd be more prudent to sit down with them and work out a lasting solution that would actually benefit his own people. While Israelis and Jews are working in solidarity, Arabs are bickering and fighting and just acting in their own interests.
The Israelis stole their land, though.

A lot of people do not (cannot really) understand the mentality that many Jews (specifically of European origin) have. When you ( as a people) know that there is no one to help you but yourself, then nothing is off limits. Just like Tupac said in changes, "... do what you gotta do...to survive".
laugh.gif

It's not a joke but Jews ( and speaking as a Jew) know that it's not a game out there. Why? Just look at our history. It also doesn't help that one of the greatest tragedies in our history occurred only some 70 years ago. If there's one thing we know, it is our History. We are taught it from a very young age. In some convoluted way, a lot of it has to do with survival skills. Who, historically has *!%%#! you over? Who, historically has been good to you? Who can you trust. Who you should not trust.

Of course, individual leaders will make poor decisions. Not all of Israel's decisions are correct in my opinion. Some are blatantly stupid and counterproductive. Israeli leaders have made plenty of mistakes and poor decisions over the years and all Israelis (and Jews) know this.  On the other hand there are plenty of Jews who like to make the argument that because we are Jewish then we should be above doing certain things. They are wrong though because at the end of the day survival is survival. You do what you have to do and at the end you face the consequences of your actions as best as you could. What good is holding the moral high ground and being dead?

The conflict could've been resolved at Taba if Israel hadn't refused to cooperate.  We could throw hypothetical situations out there left and right.  While I recognize that this is a fact and that each entity acts in it's own interest, one can't be surprised when Israel holds the amount of power it does.  Where as Israel continuously claims to be held at gun point by all these scary Arabs, it is really the Arabs that are scared to step on the Israelis toes.  That is why they don't stand up for Palestine.  While I don't defend it, I understand it.  Also, Egypt gets money from America.  That's another reason why they conform to America's ridiculous support for the worst current human rights violater in the world.

Like I said, the Taba summit mandates are widely the most agreed upon by scholars, but Israel refuses to accept these terms.  Every year the same UN mandate comes out for the return of Palestinian land, but it fails.

All one needs to see is the countless reports of Human rights violations.  Look at the Goldstone report.  The war crimes are apparent and easy to find if one simply opens their eyes.  No one is going to argue that Hamas does not use terrorist tactics, because it's true.  But if I were to say Israel uses much worse tactics, all Hell would break lose, despite it being true.

Israelis are in conflict with the rest of the world as well as international law, OTHER than America, big brother.  That is the ridiculous part.  They need to accept the human right violations they have done, and simply stop doing it.

The people of the West Bank have no food, no shelter, no medical supplies, no nothing.  They don't even have cement to rebuild the homes Israelis demolished.  I don't see how you can chalk up the inability for resolve to "Arabs bickering and fighting."

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

The conflict could've been resolved at Taba if Israel hadn't refused to cooperate.  We could throw hypothetical situations out there left and right.  While I recognize that this is a fact and that each entity acts in it's own interest, one can't be surprised when Israel holds the amount of power it does.  Where as Israel continuously claims to be held at gun point by all these scary Arabs, it is really the Arabs that are scared to step on the Israelis toes.  That is why they don't stand up for Palestine.  While I don't defend it, I understand it.  Also, Egypt gets money from America.  That's another reason why they conform to America's ridiculous support for the worst current human rights violater in the world.

Like I said, the Taba summit mandates are widely the most agreed upon by scholars, but Israel refuses to accept these terms.  Every year the same UN mandate comes out for the return of Palestinian land, but it fails.

All one needs to see is the countless reports of Human rights violations.  Look at the Goldstone report.  The war crimes are apparent and easy to find if one simply opens their eyes.  No one is going to argue that Hamas does not use terrorist tactics, because it's true.  But if I were to say Israel uses much worse tactics, all Hell would break lose, despite it being true.

Israelis are in conflict with the rest of the world as well as international law, OTHER than America, big brother.  That is the ridiculous part.  They need to accept the human right violations they have done, and simply stop doing it.

The people of the West Bank have no food, no shelter, no medical supplies, no nothing.  They don't even have cement to rebuild the homes Israelis demolished.  I don't see how you can chalk up the inability for resolve to "Arabs bickering and fighting."
You are out of your mind if you believe that certain Arab government do not support the Palestinians because they are somehow coerced not too.

Certain Arab governments (especially Saudi Arabia and Jordan) do not find it to be in their interest to go full out for the Palestinians. The Arab world is not a cohesive world. For that, if anything, you can blame the British and French.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

You are out of your mind if you believe that certain Arab government do not support the Palestinians because they are somehow coerced not too.

Certain Arab governments (especially Saudi Arabia and Jordan) do not find it to be in their interest to go full out for the Palestinians. The Arab world is not a cohesive world. For that, if anything, you can blame the British and French.
Yes it's not a cohesive world.  But Saudi Arabia and America are buddy buddy.  They get millions of dollars annually from America, which is given back to America for weapons.  Same with Egypt.  Same with Israel.  They are all in the back pocket of America.  It's the money.

Regardless of this fact, I don't see what it has to do with Israel's human rights violations.

It's so hard to comment on Israel and Palestine. There are strong cases to be made for and against each side. I can't finish typing a sentence without thinking of a counterargument.... I'll just stick to criticizing both sides.
For the Arabs... We have not done much to help ourselves over the past 70 or so years. One problem is that we insist on calling ourselves Arab first (instead of whatever nationality we are). Arab nationalism was good as a reaction to the Ottomans and to other outside forces, but what is it now? What good does it do us? The only thing Arab nationalism seems to embody these days is opposition to Israel. When you build your identity on opposing something (as opposed to standing for something), you're destined for failure.

Granted, on top of this, we (countries) each face substantial problems, ranging from wars (civil and foreign) and foreign meddling to corruption and poverty.

For the Jews... Their high ground and support comes from their ability to say they are taking the high ground (i.e. not breaking international law, etc.). This is undermined by actions such as this recent assassination.

Oh, and one last piece of advice that goes for everybody... it's 2010. Build nations, not religious states. Thanks.

Yes it's not a cohesive world.  But Saudi Arabia and America are buddy buddy.  They get millions of dollars annually from America, which is given back to America for weapons.  Same with Egypt.  Same with Israel.  They are all in the back pocket of America.  It's the money.
Buddy, Buddy doesn't mean !$@#. Israel is "buddy buddy" with America too, yet they sell advanced weapons to China and work on weapons with Russia. American sells weapons to the Saudis and the Egyptians. At the end of the day, business is business and everyone looks out for their own interests.

There are multiple reasons why certain Arab governments do not find it in their interest to (fervently) support the Palestinians.

Regardless of this fact, I don't see what it has to do with Israel's human rights violations.
In an ideal world the wouldn't be any on either side. The situation in the near east is far from ideal.
It's not easy being the Israelis. It's not easy being the Palestinians. Both want the same thing and want to exclude the other. Sad to say but there is no peaceful solution to this situation so long as both sides want what they want.

Originally Posted by whywesteppin

One problem is that we insist on calling ourselves Arab first (instead of whatever nationality we are).
Many people do this and i dont know why.
I never shy away from saying im Palestinian

Saudi Arabia is one of Americas biggest allies. It's that simple. They have been for decades. I don't see why it's so hard to believe that they fall in line because of America. They ARE acting for their own interests, this is true. They do not care about the Palestinians, this is true. I don't see what we aren't agreeing upon?

There is reason for this breakdown in the Muslim world. Basically, the fact that they are being attacked in 4 fronts (Palestine, Iraq, Afghanistan, and Northern Pakistan). There is threat of attack in Iran, and Yemen (this is lessening since they are cooperating and killing their own people).

I also don't see the point of this? So what if the Arab world isn't as united as the state of Israel is?

The information and data is out there. We know what is going on, but for some reason we refuse to accept it.

I believe I'd be right in saying you aren't in support of:
-House demolitions
-Use of White Phosphorus
-Food and medical supply embargos
-Killing of women and children point blank (See the Goldstone report)
-All Jewish settlements
-Organ harvesting.

I can go on and on. But for some reason the discussion gets side tracked. Yes, Hamas uses suicide bombing; however, the numbers speak for themselves, but they don't explain why Palestinian blood is so much cheaper than Israeli blood.

Back
Top Bottom