**Washington Wizards Offseason Thread** Blatche re-upped....5 years/35 mil

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
time to rally up Wiz fans

looks like Ernie and co already has Wall in their sights (although I wouldn't mind Turner either)

either way I'm very happy, Leonsis is gonna bring some credibility to this franchise. *John Wall dance

From Chris Mannix (SI) on Twitter:

Source close to Wall says Wall is happy with the Wizards landing at No. 1.

When IP found out we were getting the #1...

irene.jpg

laugh.gif

From Andy Katz via Twitter:

Wall camp genuinely pleased with Wizards as top pick. Perfect situation in post Gilbert Arenas-mess. Wiz need a star, face of franchise.

My boy texts me and said "She probably whispered 'welcome to America, @#$*@' in Mikhail's ear."
laugh.gif

Question for you Wiz fans:

With y'all getting Wall is it foregone conclusion that Gilbert is gone, or do you guys foresee a scenario where they can play together?

Congrats to your franchise for winning the "Wall sweepstakes". I still do not see anyone trading for Gilbert, as he has 4 years left on that horrible contract.

I'll co-sign dudes like DoubleJs and those of his ilk been Wizards fans. Nothing casual about these dudes.

Maybe the only way to unload GA is to include the #1 pick along with him.

Cap space for DAYS.

..but would have to sell one of these big name FA's to come aboard.

I'm happy, but still skeptical. I remember how hype I was watching the 2001 lottery on nbc.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

From Chris Mannix (SI) on Twitter:

Source close to Wall says Wall is happy with the Wizards landing at No. 1.

From Andy Katz via Twitter:

Wall camp genuinely pleased with Wizards as top pick. Perfect situation in post Gilbert Arenas-mess. Wiz need a star, face of franchise.

Maybe it was just me but he didn't look too happy about the Wiz getting the #1 when they interviewed him
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Hopefully they can find a way to get rid of Gilbert now. Whatever goes down I have confidence in Leonsis.

Also for what it's worth, Miss Cleo said Lebron is gonna go to the Wizards. Could this be the first step towards that?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This is huge for the City been on this board since 03' and have not posted on a regular for various reasons
but this is gonna be the buzz around here for a while ...Double J asa longtime supporter that always reps
the Urea I can imagine how you feelin...now let the hate begin.

Originally Posted by toine2983

Question for you Wiz fans:

With y'all getting Wall is it foregone conclusion that Gilbert is gone, or do you guys foresee a scenario where they can play together?
It's not a foregone conclusion, but I can see it playing out one of three ways...

1.  Find a trade partner.  Stranger things have happened in the NBA, so it's not out of the question.

2.  Let him sit like Marbury and T-Mac.  Essentially make Gil miserable that he'll look for a buyout to continue his career elsewhere.  No matter what the organization says, I really think that there's a chance Gil never suits up again.  Remember, it's a new ownership group taking over and the team had erased Gil's image/likeliness from everything involving the team and arena.  The relationship is fractured.

3.  He plays. 

*Gil and Wall can co-exist in the same backcourt, but if you're going to rebuild around #11, and he's the cornerstone/building block of your franchise...you need to get rid of the excess baggage aka. Gil.  Easier said than done, but if Wall is your guy, pretty much give him the keys to the car from the jump.  This kid is going to have a Derrick Rose type of impact from the minute he suits up in the NBA.  His potential is through the roof.  A TRUE franchise PG.  These guys don't come around too often.  Make this draft pick count, and go from there. 

If you can't unload him, you dudes need to give Gil the Starbury/T-Mac treatment (for all 4 years if need be).  Tell the dude to stay at home.

He will do absolutely nothing to help JW's game develop in my eyes.

I definitley want to keep Singleton and Livingston would be good to keep if we can
trust that everybody can't get Lebron James and belive that a lot of those teams will be calling
about Gil the Knicks, New Jersey and Atlanta if Joe Johnson walks will all be looking for a
Scorer or a Star to help the franchise so their ill be suitors for Arenas...remember they said we
couldn't trade Juwan and made that happen.

So glad my Wizards got the first pick. The whole time I was watching I didn't even think we had a chance of getting the first pick.

How about moving Gil to the 2 and let Wall run the point?

Originally Posted by HottDogg2k3

I definitley want to keep Singleton and Livingston would be good to keep if we can
trust that everybody can't get Lebron James and belive that a lot of those teams will be calling
about Gil the Knicks, New Jersey and Atlanta if Joe Johnson walks will all be looking for a
Scorer or a Star to help the franchise so their ill be suitors for Arenas...remember they said we
couldn't trade Juwan and made that happen.
Sprewell was also viewed as untradable....

I was thinking that Gilbert playing off the ball would be a good idea next season.
They dont have to take a bad deal for Gilbert now...
Play him at the 2.
Go get a PF. Boozer? Try and get Brendan back and they are back into respectability in the east. Let John develop into the leader and in 2 -3 years you will be able to contend with Booz and Gilbert still in a realitive sense young.
Blatche as the 6th man
Thats pretty good.

Fantasy GM:
Dallas gets: Gilbert Arenas and Andray Blatche
Washington gets: Erick Dampier and Jason Terry

Classic Mark Cuban move, acquiring a big name in Arenas. Theoretically could play with Kidd in the backcourt and is reunited with Caron, Brendan and Deshawn
laugh.gif
. Blatche is a good young PF that could eventually replace Dirk.

Wizards have to throw in Blatche to dump Arenas. Dampier has a non-guranteed contract this summer which would give the Wizards even more cap space this summer. Terry has to be thrown in to balance out the salaries and backcourt.

On twitter, adrian wojo (sp?) was saying that the wizards are going to work harder than ever to move arenas...still a lot of tension between the two sides.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

On twitter, adrian wojo (sp?) was saying that the wizards are going to work harder than ever to move arenas...still a lot of tension between the two sides.

*Looks over at autographed GilZeros*
smh.gif
smh.gif

I definitely want the Wiz to get rid of him, but I just can't believe how big of a screwup he is and how much talent he wasted.

Ain't no way in hell they can trade Gil.

But ever entertained the thought of trading the #1? This is a horrible franchise and what better than to use the #1 to get a PROVEN All-Star caliber player.

What the hell is Washington going to do with all that cap space though?

I know John Wall is an attractive piece but i dont see any real "superstar" moving over.

and as outlandish as it sounds, i can see some teams taking on Arenas, for straight salary dump, like Eddy Curry for GA (which i hope never happens).

My moves:
Resign Shaun + Singleton to 3 year worth 3? mil per year deals.
Try to make a run at Joe Johnson, JJ Reddick, Ray Allen, etc.

Wall-Allen-JJ-Blatche-McGee
Shaun-JJ Reddick-Thornton-Singleton.

Trade GA for straight cap space, find another center, max out Blatche, Mcgee, Wall, that'll be a competitive team for years to come.

damn, kinda disappointed my post didn't at least draw a "
laugh.gif
."

i do have an old Champion Bullets Webber #2 jersey somewhere...

Back
Top Bottom