Washington Wizards 2014-2015 Season Thread - Thanks for a great season!

Will the Wizards win the Southeast Division this season?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Pat Buchanan

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a great run by you guys, I was impressed. Didnt even pick the Wiz to get by the Raptors and they were like 3 possessions away from the Conference Finals. Teams gonna be all right, better than all right really.

I'm hurt but what more can you ask from a team, they exceeded damn near all of our expectations coming into the playoffs. Wall and Beal are STARS and we have much to look forward to as long as they're together

Great season fellas

It's gonna happen

Wiz, Nats, Caps....

It's gonna happen sooner than later

And when it does...

It's going to feel so got damn good :pimp:

It's gonna happen

Wiz, Nats, Caps....

And when it does...

It's going to feel so got damn good
pimp.gif
This Wizards team was better than last year. We are improving bro. I have faith that in my lifetime, we will win a title.

Outcome sucked....but there were a lot of positives to take away from the Wizards playoff run. The three biggest:

1. Beal stepping up his game on both ends of the floor. No reason for him not to be a 22+ PPG scorer next season.

2. Porter emerging and showing his worth as the #3 overall pick. We've been waiting for it, and he really played well.

3. I still think that for the team to make a real championship run a coaching change will have to be made at some point...but Randy coached his *** off. There were the usual suspect decisions (not playing Hump comes to mind), but he did really well with his ATO calls, rotations (for the most part), and changing the offensive philosophy of the team (more 3's, less long 2s). He probably coached well enough to play out his current contract, so we'll have to embrace our coach for at least another season.

Off subject...I saw a crazy stat. If Thibs is canned in Chicago, Wittman will become the 7th longest tenured coach in the league :wow:

Also, John Wall. The heart and passion this man showed was :pimp: So glad he's our leader.

Elephant in the room, Nene. Dude was out there going through the motions. Watching him in the Toronto/Atlanta series made me sick. I don't know how he can look at other guys on the team like Wall, Beal, Porter, or even Pierce....guys who left EVERYTHING on the floor, with a straight face. No joke, it looked like he mailed it in. Regular season is one thing, but I don't know how it's possible for a professional athlete to not get up for a playoff game. I'm so disgusted by him, it's not even funny.

I want Demarcus Cousins on this team, there has to be a way to trade Porter , Gortat and a 2017 draft pick for Boogie

The team has to make a move , you can't put all your eggs on maybe getting Durant down the road

Last edited:
Even though everyone's feeling somewhat optimistic given the way this team performed, it's the same basic result as last year.  First round win, second round loss in six games.  

Wall's injury and the way Wittman either performed over his head or was dragged kicking and screaming into 2015 gives the front office the excuse they need to avoid spending money on a real coach.

It's a shame, too, because we'd have some solid options this summer.  
Elephant in the room, Nene. Dude was out there going through the motions. Watching him in the Toronto/Atlanta series made me sick. I don't know how he can look at other guys on the team like Wall, Beal, Porter, or even Pierce....guys who left EVERYTHING on the floor, with a straight face. No joke, it looked like he mailed it in. Regular season is one thing, but I don't know how it's possible for a professional athlete to not get up for a playoff game. I'm so disgusted by him, it's not even funny.
The irony with Nene is he's the guy they brought in to curb exactly that - uninspired, undisciplined, and unprofessional play from high talent/low effort players. 

You could chalk it up to his foot, but come on... John Wall was out there leading the playoffs in both assists and non-displaced fractures.  

The only upshot here is that we no longer have to worry about Wall suffering further damage to his hand.  At full strength, I'd like to believe that we really could've had a shot at the Eastern Conference title against a weakened Cavs team, but we were living on borrowed time ever since John went down.  

Though it's the long shot of long shots, you have to say that this group is making a great case for Kevin Durant.  It's obvious what a stretch four can do for this team (unless you're Ernie Grunfeld, that is), and with Nene's deal expiring you have a great situation for KD to walk into.  Say what you want about OKC's roster and Billy Donovan - we have a pass-first point guard and, more importantly, we play in the Eastern Conference.  

Just saying..

kidd.gif

Even though everyone's feeling somewhat optimistic given the way this team performed, it's the same basic result as last year.  First round win, second round loss in six games.  

Wall's injury and the way Wittman either performed over his head or was dragged kicking and screaming into 2015 gives the front office the excuse they need to avoid spending money on a real coach.

It's a shame, too, because we'd have some solid options this summer.  

The irony with Nene is he's the guy they brought in to curb exactly that - uninspired, undisciplined, and unprofessional play from high talent/low effort players. 

You could chalk it up to his foot, but come on... John Wall was out there leading the playoffs in both assists and non-displaced fractures.  

The only upshot here is that we no longer have to worry about Wall suffering further damage to his hand.  At full strength, I'd like to believe that we really could've had a shot at the Eastern Conference title against a weakened Cavs team, but we were living on borrowed time ever since John went down.  

Though it's the long shot of long shots, you have to say that this group is making a great case for Kevin Durant.  It's obvious what a stretch four can do for this team (unless you're Ernie Grunfeld, that is), and with Nene's deal expiring you have a great situation for KD to walk into.  Say what you want about OKC's roster and Billy Donovan - we have a pass-first point guard and, more importantly, we play in the Eastern Conference.  

Just saying..

kidd.gif

impossible to get Serge with KD?

I'm still not sold on KD coming to DC. I'd still want us to progressively add to the roster with young players that can provide solid play for years but as meth and others have stated that front office is something not to be trusted.

I'm still not sold on KD coming to DC. I'd still want us to progressively add to the roster with young players that can provide solid play for years but as meth and others have stated that front office is something not to be trusted.
Only strech 4 I'd want in DC is  Ryan Anderson

Nene Seriously was terrible.. But like stated above The young guys really showed up played big and took even more steps in their confidence. However this team isn't gonna be a real contender until Nene is out of here, dude made some really bad plays throughout.

It's gonna happen

Wiz, Nats, Caps....

And when it does...

It's going to feel so got damn good :pimp:

This Wizards team was better than last year. We are improving bro. I have faith that in my lifetime, we will win a title.

A title will feel so sweet

A disappointing regular season, in my eyes but we found what works and heres hoping we keep that formula for next season

Please get rid of Nene even if we have to get rid of a secound rounder

Ended up where they were last time, losing in Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Semifinals. This time it has a different feel to it since a lot of us felt they easily could have made the Eastern Conference Finals with Wall fully healthy.

Another exciting playoff run and a good season 
pimp.gif

I feel we performed better tho, we did lose at the same exact place

Well you know what they say slo-motion is better than no motion

John wall had a way better playoff this year than last and Bradley is going to be a serious problem for league. The growth of these guys in the last year has been great to watch.

Nene and Gortat were useless most of the series. Nene is done and he needs to go. We need to try and get LA. He would fit perfectly into this team. If we cant get him then we need to pray for KD.

Didn't get this into today's story, but plugged-in source considers Alvin Gentry the favorite to coach Bulls. "The guy I'd put my money on."

— Howard Beck (@HowardBeck) May 15, 2015

If we fire Wittman this is the only guy available I'd do it for, and if the Bulls are aiming for him idk if we have a shot

I was pulling for y'all to win the whole thing.
mean.gif

Good run, but like Meth said the team was on borrowed time w/ John's injury.

My dude Otto finally showed out.

You gotta convince Pierce to come back for 1 more, right? I know it's cliché but his presence and guiding hand as a vet on this squad is priceless.

*tips cap*

19th pick in this draft is pretty important. 

Hopefully the team doesn't pawn it off or blow it on somebody who won't come over for 3 years.

19th pick in this draft is pretty important. 

Hopefully the team doesn't pawn it off or blow it on somebody who won't come over for 3 years.

I hope they can get Jarell Martin in the early second round, but he probably doesn't last that long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom