**WASHINGTON WIZARDS 2012 Off-Season Thread ** Welcome to DC, Bradley Beal!!

In thinking about it, what about making a run at Gerald Green?

I just don't believe that we'll be taking a SG with a top-3 overall pick. To me, it makes NO sense the more I think about it. Value can be had later in the draft (Doron Lamb), or we can go either the FA or trade route.

Green had a hell of a year in NJ. He's only 26, so I'd be cool with offering him a 3 year deal.

Nene
Seraphin
MKG
Green
Wall

or

Nene
Robinson
?
Green
Wall

I'm repping the Wizards in the Mock Draft thread, wanted to get Wiz fans opinions. Drafted MKG, traded Blatche for Wes Johnson & Darko. How would yall feel about these moves if it happened in reality?

Originally Posted by Lavious

I'm repping the Wizards in the Mock Draft thread, wanted to get Wiz fans opinions. Drafted MKG, traded Blatche for Wes Johnson & Darko. How would yall feel about these moves if it happened in reality?

Bro, I'd nominate you for GM of the year
laugh.gif
  No joke.

Darko's deal is cheap and expires soon and Wes Johnson is on his rookie deal and is a low risk/high reward type of acquisition.  Bottom line, you dumped Blatche.  PROPS. 

pimp.gif

(and got MKG)

Yea...DP, I'd love to have Green.  He shot the ball really well and I think he has figured out how to be successful in the NBA.  He won't command a crazy contract, and like you said...he's an upgrade over Crawford.  I'd love the line up of Nene, Seraphin, MKG, Green, and Wall. 

I Really Want To See Them Get MKG. But You Cant Be Disappointed With Any Pick At 3 Whether Its Beal, MKG, Or Robinson

PG - Wall

SG - Crawford

SF - MKG

PF - Nene

C - Okafor

Fixed
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  I think you are right though this trade basically says Beal is our guy in the draft

I think beal fits better but.....i don't want him lol.  I would love for crawford to come off the bench though i feel like he fits that role way better then starter.

Originally Posted by JesusShuttlesworth34

I still struggle to see the silver lining...at least they have better character and put forth more effort.  

- They get back 2 starters both of whom are on the books up until '13-'14
- We know who we're drafting

- This means Blatche gets amnestied (Granted they still could have bought out Lew and amnestied Blatche...this is easier)

Compare our likely starters for next year to last year's. That's literally an upgrade at every position outside of our franchise player. What's not to like?

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

I still struggle to see the silver lining...at least they have better character and put forth more effort.  

- This means Blatche gets amnestied (Granted they still could have bought out Lew and amnestied Blatche...this is easier)

Compare our likely starters for next year to last year's. That's literally an upgrade at every position outside of our franchise player. What's not to like?

I don't think Nene is a long term answer and I see Okafor and Ariza just temporary faces/decent players.  This roster and level of mediocrity has the same Wizards feel.  I don't really feel like they are building a future contender, just kind of wading in that 6th, 7th, 8th seed range of subpar teams in the Eastern Conference. 

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

I don't think Nene is a long term answer and I see Okafor and Ariza just temporary faces/decent players.  This roster and level of mediocrity has the same Wizards feel.  I don't really feel like they are building a future contender, just kind of wading in that 6th, 7th, 8th seed range of subpar teams in the Eastern Conference. 
I'm not exactly sure what kind of move you think could have been made with this roster to build a future contender...seeing as though the only attractive asset we have is our franchise player. Whether you believe Nene is a long term answer or not...he's an upgrade over ANYONE we've had at the 4/5 spot in ages. 
I'll settle for 6th, 7th, 8th over consistently being a laughing stock and hoping we get the #1 pick every year. 

I don't like trading draft picks for so-so players who have already hit their ceiling.  I just want a fresh start with new faces...I am glad most of the old team is good (Nick, Lewis, Andray on the way out), but it will be quite some time before DC has a contender. 

I don't like trading draft picks for so-so players who have already hit their ceiling.  I just want a fresh start with new faces...I am glad most of the old team is good (Nick, Lewis, Andray on the way out), but it will be quite some time before DC has a contender. 

It was a late 2nd round pick tho

I just always feel the draft is where a team can get better in the long run.  Not to switch sports or anything, but I have seen Dan Synder trade away draft picks for years with the ******** and always end up with nothing after a year or two of poor production from some washed up veteran or household name player.

I really just wish Ernie was gone...I don't like his philosophy or way of working period.  But if these are the moves required to make this a respectable team....so be it. 

Originally Posted by PMatic

It was the #46 pick.
laugh.gif
 I'm saying

I don't see any way this trade ISN'T a good one aside from money which honestly doesn't matter because we haven't lured GOOD free agents here since the Arenas year back in what 05?

drafts and trades are the only way to build this team, can't say this isn't a step in the right direction when we get rid of a bum like Rashard

This team is gong to be 10000x better than what we've previous trotted out on the floor during the Wall-era. 

People are complaining about cap space, but what good is having all that space/money if NO ONE WANTS TO COME TO YOUR CITY?  We have Ariza/Okafor on the books for the next two seasons.  Keep an eye on the summer of 2014.  Why?  If we can prove to be a 40-45+ win team in the next two seasons, DC will become a much more desirable FA destination when both of those deals expire. 

Short term, this is a good move.  No use in wasting more seasons with Wall and his development with a bunch of tools.  We're about to get much better in a short amount of time.  There's really nothing to dislike about this trade.  The more I think about it, the more I like it. 

We give EG a very hard time - and a lot of that is deserved.  However, he did the team right by this move. 

*I also think he's going to explore EVERY trade option to get rid of Blatche before using the amnesty clause. 

I just always feel the draft is where a team can get better in the long run.  Not to switch sports or anything, but I have seen Dan Synder trade away draft picks for years with the ******** and always end up with nothing after a year or two of poor production from some washed up veteran or household name player.

Like everyone pointed out, it was the 46th pick.  We are going to get better via the draft seeing that we're probaly going to walk away with Brad Beal. 

Such a great trade for the Wizards, bravo!

Very happy to see them improve by this much. Nene and Okafor in the paint is a great combo and improves your defense leaps and bounds. I will assume a pick-n-roll offense is implemented surrounding Nene and Wall/Beal (once drafter) thus leaving Blatche (if he is kept) and Okafor in the paint to clean up the mess.

Great move, and you lose nothing.

Playoff team no doubt in my mind now.

Back
Top Bottom