Washington DC: Recommendations for New Years Eve parties?

What are good spots to hit for DC for a new years celenbration?  Everybody is prob having an all inclusive ticket, so unfortunately this isn't a night for barhopping..  Once you're there, you're stuck.. 

What are good bars, lounges, clubs?  I visited last year and ended up at a sports bar type setting called McFaddens, and it was pretty good..  I may actually prefer something like this again over a club, especially getting there at 9 pm..  Club settings can def be intimidating being there the whole night long, whereas that neutral environment is easier to chill out at.

What are good spots to hit for DC for a new years celenbration?  Everybody is prob having an all inclusive ticket, so unfortunately this isn't a night for barhopping..  Once you're there, you're stuck.. 

What are good bars, lounges, clubs?  I visited last year and ended up at a sports bar type setting called McFaddens, and it was pretty good..  I may actually prefer something like this again over a club, especially getting there at 9 pm..  Club settings can def be intimidating being there the whole night long, whereas that neutral environment is easier to chill out at.

Originally Posted by WaveyJonesLocker

Wish there was a regional forum
Spoiler [+]
Enjoy your AIDS

LOL at the aids comment.

But back to the thread, clubbing on new years - it will be lines and the cost just isn't worth partying with stuck-up/stanky broads.

I would say go to a bar because it is more chill, but more then likely they will be charging too.

I would recommend a house party or leaving the area

Originally Posted by WaveyJonesLocker

Wish there was a regional forum
Spoiler [+]
Enjoy your AIDS

LOL at the aids comment.

But back to the thread, clubbing on new years - it will be lines and the cost just isn't worth partying with stuck-up/stanky broads.

I would say go to a bar because it is more chill, but more then likely they will be charging too.

I would recommend a house party or leaving the area

I hate McFaddens but when I went to GW, I always knew someone with a happy hour and I wasn't going to argue with $1 beers. I'd recommend a bar as well. Try Bottom Line @ 17th and I, right under Eden/I Street Lounge. Place usually has a good crowd and not really pretentious/uppity as other spots.  Also, there hit up around 18th and Connecticut. They have Lucky Bar, Big Hunt, Cafe Citron (if you want Latin music) and right around the corner is Sign of the Whale and a few others near 19th and M. 

I hate McFaddens but when I went to GW, I always knew someone with a happy hour and I wasn't going to argue with $1 beers. I'd recommend a bar as well. Try Bottom Line @ 17th and I, right under Eden/I Street Lounge. Place usually has a good crowd and not really pretentious/uppity as other spots.  Also, there hit up around 18th and Connecticut. They have Lucky Bar, Big Hunt, Cafe Citron (if you want Latin music) and right around the corner is Sign of the Whale and a few others near 19th and M. 

Back
Top Bottom