Washing your own car vs. Going to the car wash

My car is dirty.

Carpet is dirty, leather is dirty, rug is dirty, plastic covers are dirty.

Okay maybe I exaggerated. Let's jsut say my car isn't clean.

Where do i start? I jsut took out my rugs and plastic ground pieces and emptyed out my trunk.

I do not have any cleaning products for my carpet..... I want to have ammerall(sp) wax for the interior as well.

What do you suggest I do. Do you think it will be more cost effective to clean it myself or go to a car wash and let them run up the bill?

Oh btw, how do i tip those workers at the car wash.... i seen like 10 dudes go at 1 car
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bkroc915

hire some mexicanos

Seriously? just wash it yourself .. the amt of money you spend to get it washed will be about the same (or less depending on where you go & what you buy)to buying the products and things you need to do it yourself. it's up to you really if you want to spend a few hours making sure your car is on point.

It depends on the car a lot. With my old STI, i could not take it to car washes because the wing would get damaged, then again, i washed it myself from thefirst day i got it. My new STI doesn't have the wing, but it does have painted gold rims which would get ruined in car washes. Once again, i wash the carfrom the first time i took delivery. I perfer washing my own car because its relaxing, but you can also get to areas others would forget. In the long run, yourcar would look so much better. I've heard that those quick car washes actually damage the paint/remove wax.

Angel

ammerall(sp)

laugh.gif
its actually armor all, but youre not the only one that misspells the word

and wash it youre self, youll get the satisfaction knowing it done correctly and youll save money

Wash it yourself. But I also hate it, because I notice every single tiny details on my car and a scratch or tiny ding would pop up randomly as hell at a spotthat wasn't there before.
smh.gif

I was my car every sunday and before I take a new shorty out for first time. Takes approx. one hour and I clean inside and out. Unless you get a detail forlike $250...it will never come out the same at a car wash.

I wash mine every saturday evening before I go out. I got so many products I can't think of them all but you can find em at an auto parts store, like ArmorAll and Turtle Wax, and they got specialty car washing soap, etc.

i like going to the little pull in thing where you put quarters in and you use the big *#% hose and soap dispenser i always wash the car in like 3 minutes flat
pimp.gif

what you should buy:

Detail%207a.JPG

ecb64a02-5033-4111-a2cd-e3bb78908838_4.jpg

56686d1221939134-black-ice-air-freshener-ebay-070.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I enjoy washing my car when I have the time to put in. Otherwise, I'm dropping the dub to get an inside/outside hand wash. Either way it sucks when itrains or when a bird gets you.

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

I enjoy washing my car when I have the time to put in. Otherwise, I'm dropping the dub to get an inside/outside hand wash. Either way it sucks when it rains or when a bird gets you.
around my way its only 11 dollars for that + free armor all on the tires

I actually just finished washing my car. It doesn't take too long and i enjoy doing it. I only washed the outside bc the inside wasn't bad.

Always gotta have music playing though imo ( Bose sound dock ftw
pimp.gif
)

Back
Top Bottom