Was Steve Francis the most exciting PG to ever play in the NBA? (VID)

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Damn.

Have you ever heard of Magic Johnson?

/thread.
Damn.

Did your read the 1st two sentences?
High Class Scum Bag wrote:
NO, I'm not saying he's the best. But name another PG w/ a better highlight package of crossovers, dunks, blocks and could catch lops like a PF.

grittyman did name another pg with better highlight and excitement

Was Steve Francis the most exciting PG to ever play in the NBA? (VID)

#32 invented showtime...francis is exciting but not the most...but gritty had it
grittyman20 wrote:
Damn.

Have you ever heard of Magic Johnson?

/thread.
pimp.gif

reading is FUNdamental

Damn.

But name another PG w/ a better highlight package of crossovers, dunks, blocks and could catch lops like a PF.
Maybe you should rename this thread "the most athletic pg to ever play the game" and I'd probably agree with you.

Magic was a far more exciting pg to watch, but with your criteria of excitement being limited to things like "dunks, blocks, and lobs" you prettymuch eliminated Magic from the discussion.

hard to believe that dude was putting up 20, 6, and 6 at one point.

franchise is way a more exciting player than baron davis

baron davis was steve francis with some semblance of a j.

Damn.

But name another PG w/ a better highlight package of crossovers, dunks, blocks and could catch lops like a PF.
Maybe you should rename this thread "the most athletic pg to ever play the game" and I'd probably agree with you.

Magic was a far more exciting pg to watch, but with your criteria of excitement being limited to things like "dunks, blocks, and lobs" you pretty much eliminated Magic from the discussion.

True...I keep forgetting the Sports Forum is more mature than the General Forum, but 90% of NTers never saw Magic play. I'm 30 and I remember, but i'man old head by NT standards.

It's like Franics talent just disappeared

What happened to him?

Monstars maybe?

True...I keep forgetting the Sports Forum is more mature than the General Forum, but 90% of NTers never saw Magic play. I'm 30 and I remember, but i'm an old head by NT standards.
All good fam.

Stevie Franchise was definitely one of the more exciting pgs in the early 2000's though...I still remember that one highlight he had (against Troy Hudson Ithink) where he gave him about 3 crossovers, a head fake and a spin move. The play was soooo disgusting
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

True...I keep forgetting the Sports Forum is more mature than the General Forum, but 90% of NTers never saw Magic play. I'm 30 and I remember, but i'm an old head by NT standards.
All good fam.

Stevie Franchise was definitely one of the more exciting pgs in the early 2000's though...I still remember that one highlight he had (against Troy Hudson I think) where he gave him about 3 crossovers, a head fake and a spin move. The play was soooo disgusting
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Man that play defines Steve Francis' career...iso play dominating the ball for 20 seconds while four team mates stand around the perimeterwatching him
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by parada45

It's like Franics talent just disappeared

What happened to him?

Monstars maybe?
Knee injuries and his style of play...he has to do EVERYTHING off the dribble and he needs to dominate the ball to be effective..

but when Rudy T put the ball in his hands and let him play he was a monster...6'3" PG crossing cats over and coming down the lane banging on 7footers
pimp.gif

smh.gif
One of my favorite players ever. Too bad he couldn't translate that talent in to winning basketball.

Still waiting on someone to name a PG w/ a better highlight mix...Baron would probably be the only one who can match steve highlight for highlight.
Depends on what you look for... as for me..

J will.
Kidd
Nash
PENNY (yeah __... he counts
grin.gif
)
Gilbert (__s be sleep
smh.gif
)

i remember watchin him in church league after my games. another tally for the plethora of BALLERS that come from this area

i just hope my man isiah swann gets his knee 100% and makes it to the league. he's in isreal now and he plays JUST like franchise but left handed

eek.gif

I always forget how good he was. Obvious answer is Magic, but i never really saw him in his prime.

I go with white chocolate.

his quickness, crossover, handles and his hops
pimp.gif

franchise and mobley
pimp.gif

but dude fell off,
hes one of those players, 'he couldve been....'

Damn.

Magic was a far more exciting pg to watch, but with your criteria of excitement being limited to things like "dunks, blocks, and lobs" you pretty much eliminated Magic from the discussion.

agreed...to OP you said most exciting pg...like i said earlier francis is exciting but most exciting i dont think so

yes...the 90% missed out on a great era of basketball...magic was just an incredible entertainer
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

Still waiting on someone to name a PG w/ a better highlight mix...Baron would probably be the only one who can match steve highlight for highlight.
Depends on what you look for... as for me..

J will.
Kidd
Nash
PENNY (yeah __... he counts
grin.gif
)
Gilbert (__s be sleep
smh.gif
)
You can't be serious with this list. Has Kidd, Nash, JWill, or Gilbert yammed it on some centers on a consistant basis?

Based on the criteria offered by the OP, I would go with Franchise and Baron. Everyone else is lacking SOMETHING.

Originally Posted by PUSHA C

i remember watchin him in church league after my games. another tally for the plethora of BALLERS that come from this area

i just hope my man isiah swann gets his knee 100% and makes it to the league. he's in isreal now and he plays JUST like franchise but left handed

eek.gif

Yea I remember back in the day when Swann was a freshman there was a lot of hype surrounding him. It never seemed like he lived up to it.

Who else used to be up there? Miskiri, Tony Skinn.........?

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Baron Davis in his prime>>>>>Francis

CO SIGN

and I'm not talking about the stint in Golden State where everyone jumped on the B Diddy bandwagon after missing all that time with injuries

I'm talking about the Charlotte Baron Davis

pimp.gif

Yea that year in Charlotte, maybe it was NO. Not sure, when Baron was the MVP of the first half of the season.

Back
Top Bottom