Wanting to plan a trip to Toronto or Vancouver

I want to plan a trip to either Toronto or Vancouver and I just wanted to get some feedback from peers.

Best time to go?

What is the best area to stay in?

Best hotels to stay at?

Sites to see?

Places to shop?

Restaurants to eat at?

Nightlife?

Anything else you think I should know.

Thanks for your help

for Toronto I would say best time to go would be spring, it's cold right now

I never really stayed over in TO but when I go chinatown is my place (i live an hour away)

If you like to shop bloor st for designer, yorkdale mall is nice, vaughn mills is huge, and the eaton centre is the big mall downtown

for vancouver never been....... my post probly wasnt much help 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by smellyginger

for Toronto I would say best time to go would be spring, it's cold right now

I never really stayed over in TO but when I go chinatown is my place (i live an hour away)

If you like to shop bloor st for designer, yorkdale mall is nice, vaughn mills is huge, and the eaton centre is the big mall downtown

for vancouver never been....... my post probly wasnt much help 
laugh.gif

Every bit counts --- thanks man

Bump.....

Planning one myself in may and my mets will be in town.
pimp.gif

Best place to stay for cheap ? I'm thinking of driving there and stopping by niagara falls on my way. Is it worth it? Is it a hassle to park in TO?

Vancouver is an amazing city. That's all I have to say. It's what Seattle should be, but everyone has their heads too far up their own you-know-whats to make it happen.

If you are of Caribbean descent check out Carribana, early August in Toronto. Hotel prices will go up during this time though.

Possible OVOfest around that time.

I will be going to Vancouver in July.
I love Canada. Like us, except better green and better everything.

I went to Vancouver last summer for work. I didn't think much of it before going but it seriously surpassed my expectations.  City is awesome, downtown is 
pimp.gif
, and nature is beautiful.

Come to Vancouver in the summer. As far as things to do, check out Robson st. for shopping and  go to livestock either in gastown or on west 4th, go to the Capilano suspension bridge, Cypress or Grouse mountain for incredible views of the city, go to stanley park and walk the seawall if you have time. For nightlife, Granville st. is where most of the clubs and lounges are but definitely check out Fortune Sound Club in chinatown. Vancouver is amazing, you will not be disappointed 
pimp.gif

I love my city, all I wish for is an NBA team to return 
ohwell.gif

Never been to Toronto but Vancouver is a great city. People are nice. If you board go during winter. Whistler is awesome

Originally Posted by NoneOfYours25

I want to plan a trip to Toronto

Best time to go?

July-August

What is the best area to stay in?

Downtown

Best hotels to stay at?

Depends on your budget. Don't worry too much if you're not at the heart of Downtown because the transit system is very simple.

Sites to see?

Downtown T.O. have different "identities". You if you turn on one street it'll be hipster town (Queen,Kensington), another street would be College town (Yonge,College), another street would be Chinatown (Spadina), another street would be the upscale area (Yorkville), another street would be the financial district and so on. You can spend a day or two walking downtown. If you're a sports guy then you can hit up a Jays game and it's close to the Air Canada Centre/Hockey Hall of fame.

Places to shop?

Nowhere. Keep your money here in America.

Restaurants to eat at?

blog.to is an accurate website

Nightlife?

Again, identities. You'll find the cheaper club bars around queen and more upscale ones around King-Yorkville area.

Anything else you think I should know.

We have too much variety there. Bars will close at 2am. TO summer heat can be nasty (hits 104F and up).

Thanks for your help

no problem.

Vancouver in the summer

Other than summer van is pretty much rainy season all the time.

But you won't regret it man, the chicks in the downtown district are
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
especially them azn chicks.

Short shorts, great summer perk.

Originally Posted by ridingonlorenzos

I strongly encourage you to visit Toronto anytime between May and September.
Pretty much, I'd even extend it to October.

Vancouver...exotics all day
Ferraris, Lamborghinis and Mclarens all day.

Maserati Gran Turismo and Nissan GTR everywhere like civics

Nightlife is amazing in the summer especially with the fireworks 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom