• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They did away w/ regular JUMP, hell get moved to JUMP OnDemand and as long as he doesn't buy accessories, he'll walk out w/ a phone paying nothing.

Actually they still have regular jump.
Yeah we still do. It's up to you of you want to keep doing that or want to switch over to the lease. You can't have any finance active on your line. So you'd need to trade in your phone and pay the difference of what's left on the phone to switch to that.
You pay less out of pocket and you get to upgrade often so it's a no Brainer

So wait I have one more payment before I'm jump eligible, I can just walk in there, make that payment, then give them my old phone and get a new one for any extra charge?

So wait I have one more payment before I'm jump eligible, I can just walk in there, make that payment, then give them my old phone and get a new one for any extra charge?

You'll have to pay the tax up front on regular jump, but the rest of the phone is paid off. Jump on demand the remaining balance on the other phone will either be due and billed in instalments like before or you can choose to pay the remainder off there. They also do both online as well. Rarely sometimes the online and store prices differ.

I was on regular jump, switched to jump on demand, upgraded from the Note 4 to Note 5 didn't have to pay anything out the door for the Note 5; got $160 for my Note 4 and just paid off the rest. I can upgrade 3 times with no cost.

Last edited:
They did away w/ regular JUMP, hell get moved to JUMP OnDemand and as long as he doesn't buy accessories, he'll walk out w/ a phone paying nothing.

Actually they still have regular jump.
Yeah we still do. It's up to you of you want to keep doing that or want to switch over to the lease. You can't have any finance active on your line. So you'd need to trade in your phone and pay the difference of what's left on the phone to switch to that.
You pay less out of pocket and you get to upgrade often so it's a no Brainer

Dude in the store in Vegas said TMO did away w/ it and that we had to switch to JUMP On Demand :smh: not that it matters which one I'm on because the phone my wife got is mad cheap but don't lie over somethin stupid like that

Dude in the store in Vegas said TMO did away w/ it and that we had to switch to JUMP On Demand :smh: not that it matters which one I'm on because the phone my wife got is mad cheap but don't lie over somethin stupid like that

So stores are being pushed by their upper retail management to get people on Jump on Demand, and those reps get an extra commission. Don't listen to them. I have seen some ******** where people have a lot remaining on their Jump, store has them trade in their phone which doesn't clear the balance and get them on Jump on Demand with the new phone, leaves them paying the new phone and the old one so there is a large increase in the bill.

We still offer both Jump options. Hate to say it but there are some scummy store reps out there at any company who are only out to meet their numbers and get their bonus.

So stores are being pushed by their upper retail management to get people on Jump on Demand, and those reps get an extra commission. Don't listen to them. I have seen some ******** where people have a lot remaining on their Jump, store has them trade in their phone which doesn't clear the balance and get them on Jump on Demand with the new phone, leaves them paying the new phone and the old one so there is a large increase in the bill.

We still offer both Jump options. Hate to say it but there are some scummy store reps out there at any company who are only out to meet their numbers and get their bonus.

:smh: my wife's phone was paid off so that wasn't an issue. Couldn't get a trade-in for it because the outer screen was cracked and the charging port was going bad. She ended up w/ the Galaxy Grand Prime just cause it was cheaper. pissed I couldn't the internet discount to drop the price more though; phone aint worth $190. I'm eventually gon get her the Blu phone though so whatever.

:smh: my wife's phone was paid off so that wasn't an issue. Couldn't get a trade-in for it because the outer screen was cracked and the charging port was going bad. She ended up w/ the Galaxy Grand Prime just cause it was cheaper. pissed I couldn't the internet discount to drop the price more though; phone aint worth $190. I'm eventually gon get her the Blu phone though so whatever.
The blu phones are trash the grand prime Imo is a better phone. But what he said is true. About being pushed to do numbers.

Last edited:
I'm still not getting the difference between the two jump options. Whichever allows me to do away with this Note 4 and get the V10 cheaper is the one I want.

Regular JUMP requires that you pay taxes up front, wait 12months or half the device is paid off to upgrade, and also requires the 10 per month(includes insurance) fee.

JUMP ON DEMAND, (assuming qualifying credit score) allows the taxes of the phone to be rolled into the monthly payments. Allows you to upgrade up to three times per 12months and does not require a monthly fee.
JOD is an 18month lease with an option to buy, and you can not make payments towards the phone while in the 18month lease. You can buy the phone outright, but cannot say put 100 towards it on any given day. Also everytime you trade in and upgrade the 18months starts over again and the monthly will be based on the new phone.

I think that about covers it for the most part.

Last edited:
I'm still not getting the difference between the two jump options. Whichever allows me to do away with this Note 4 and get the V10 cheaper is the one I want.

Is your Note 4 paid off already? If so you won't have to pay anything for the V10 doing JOD. If not the remaining balance you can pay at the store or it can just continues to be on your monthly bill until it's paid off.

If you do still owe money on your phone but are eligible for the jump upgrade, you'll have to pay the tax on the V10 up front. But they take care of the remaining Note 4 balance.

Last edited:
The original jump, is only a 6 month wait before you can "jump"

My brother just did it in November and tot the iPhone, he gave in his S5

All he had to do at the time was turn in his phone undamaged and pay the taxes upfront for the iphone

Is your Note 4 paid off already? If so you won't have to pay anything for the V10 doing JOD. If not the remaining balance you can pay at the store or it can just continues to be on your monthly bill until it's paid off.

If you do still owe money on your phone but are eligible for the jump upgrade, you'll have to pay the tax on the V10 up front. But they take care of the remaining Note 4 balance.
I have regular jump I believe. My plan just says I'm jump eligible and I've paid about half the phone off as of now.

The original jump, is only a 6 month wait before you can "jump"

My brother just did it in November and tot the iPhone, he gave in his S5

All he had to do at the time was turn in his phone undamaged and pay the taxes upfront for the iphone

You are correct, I forgot to specify. Originally Jump was just every 6 months no matter what. The revised jump, or jump2 is 12months or half the device.

I have regular jump I believe. My plan just says I'm jump eligible and I've paid about half the phone off as of now.
You can go in and get the V10 you'll just have to pay the tax on it. And then a new 24 month jump plan will start at $25.00 for the EIP. The Note 4 balance will be taken care of. 

does anyone know where i can get a legitimate authorized galaxy s3 phone battery
looked on samsung.com and cant find the battey in stock

not the cheap knock off's that amazon.com sells

need a battery bad

Last edited:
Swappa or ebay to sell a 128gb s6 edge? Battery life is on last legs and I'm looking to switch over to an Iphone 6 plus

Back
Top Bottom