Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[COLOR=#red]Rinse and repeat...

Next year the Nexus 6 stats will be 5.2" 4k screen, Snapdragon 900 with 11 Cores, 16 MP backlit sensor camera with even more lowlight performance. 4GB of RAM. Android 4.4.2.1.1/2 , 2900 mAH battery....and we'll be like WOW LOOK AT THOSE SPECS, while not being able to do anything more with our phones than we could in 2010.

[/COLOR]

Last edited:
I'll be picking up a Nexus 5 when it drops but honestly theirs nothing my current galaxy nexus can't do. Battery life on it sucks now and i just want to upgrade to something new.

Samsung trolling at an all-time high!
Samsung pays Apple $1 Billion sending 30 trucks full of 5 cent coins

This morning more than 30 trucks filled with 5-cent coins arrived at Apple’s headquarters in California. Initially, the security company that protects the facility said the trucks were in the wrong place, but minutes later, Tim Cook (Apple CEO) received a call from Samsung CEO explaining that they will pay $1 billion dollars for the fine recently ruled against the South Korean company in this way.

The funny part is that the signed document does not specify a single payment method, so Samsung is entitled to send the creators of the iPhone their billion dollars in the way they deem best.

This dirty but genius geek troll play is a new headache to Apple executives as they will need to put in long hours counting all that money, to check if it is all there and to try to deposit it crossing fingers to hope a bank will accept all the coins.

Lee Kun-hee, Chairman of Samsung Electronics, told the media that his company is not going to be intimidated by a group of “geeks with style” and that if they want to play dirty, they also know how to do it.

You can use your coins to buy refreshments at the little machine for life or melt the coins to make computers, that’s not my problem, I already paid them and fulfilled the law.

A total of 20 billion coins, delivery hope to finish this week.

Let’s see how Apple will respond to this.

:rofl: :rofl:

Edit: another article has the trucks lined up

Edit: They are saying it is fake....I wanted to laugh at this so bad....damn fake sites :smh:

Last edited:
Anybody got that LG G2? I sold my Nexus 4 a while back and copped the 5. Starting to miss a big screen and all that but not sure if I wanna make the switch back yet.

Next year the Nexus 6 stats will be 5.2" 4k screen, Snapdragon 900 with 11 Cores, 16 MP backlit sensor camera with even more lowlight performance. 4GB of RAM. Android 4.4.2.1.1/2 , 2900 mAH battery....and we'll be like WOW LOOK AT THOSE SPECS, while not being able to do anything more with our phones than we could in 2010.

[/COLOR]

Multicultural-Obama-handshakes_original.gif

/beensayingthis

[/COLOR]

/beensayingthis

Not to start something, but you both would go ahead and throw the iPhone in this category as well right? What do they change other than the camera, processor, pixels, and/or RAM? I guess I will hear about the fingerprint scanner for this year's model.

And I have had and used both systems before I get called a fanboy. I just like to keep things even and play the devil's advocate sometimes. :D

You can say the same for all phones..that's just where we're at right now with phones.

I've used both and I prefer androids because of minor things.

For example..keyboards this is small but being able to choose from many keyboards then going to an iPhone where you only get to use theirs its weird. Swype and swiftkey are my goto keyboards

Another thing is messaging.. I like being able to quick reply to message without leaving my current app. With the iPhone even if you have it pop up and you click reply you still leave your app then go to the messaging app then when you're done double click your home button to open multitasking to bring up your last app..

Maybe you can do those things and I don't know..but being with both I prefer the android os personally..these two things might be no deal to anyone else but me they are kind of little things that were annoying

Last edited:
Can say that about most phones/electronics tho, people will still continue to buy the latest version.

edit: didnt see the post above :lol:

Last edited:
offer some ******g decent storage options so people dont have to use otg card readers or have their microSD card ******g up because of YOUR companies hardware failures! :smh:

Can say that about most phones/electronics tho, people will still continue to buy the latest version.

edit: didnt see the post above :lol:

That's changing a little bit though. People who are happy with their note 2 don't feel the need to upgrade to the 3. Same with the s3 to the s4. The numerical number of phone models go up but without much change.

Also the battery life between the two are pretty similar..I used both throughout the day at work and come home at around 30-40%

Edit: I'm talking about the HTC one and iPhone 5.. Maybe the 5s battery is better I've never used it so I wouldn't know

Last edited:

[/COLOR]

/beensayingthis

Not to start something, but you both would go ahead and throw the iPhone in this category as well right? What do they change other than the camera, processor, pixels, and/or RAM? I guess I will hear about the fingerprint scanner for this year's model.

And I have had and used both systems before I get called a fanboy. I just like to keep things even and play the devil's advocate sometimes. :D

Agreed. Why don't you guys stick to the original SGS if you feel that way?

Because the difference between a SGS I and SGS IV is enormous. However, the difference between real time performance between quad-core, octa-core, whatever core phones is small, and could be overpowered by a truly efficiently designed OS. It's cool that the Nexus 5 is looking to be a beast, but at this stage, it'll be Android 4.4 that determines whether all of that power matters or not.

I mean, think about it. Battery sizes are rising and rising, but wouldn't a small battery with an extremely efficient power management system achieve the same goal? Point is, bigger used to be better. Now everyone is big, so BETTER needs to be better now.

Last edited:

[/COLOR]

/beensayingthis

apple HARDLY had to make changes to cash in big time for each release. case in point, didn't they just set a record with their iphone 5S? that phone literally will not operate ios7 any faster than the 5. only big changes is a camera and a fingerprint scanner. that is all. but apple is way too hyped so they'll cash in anyways.

samsung (example) just takes android and tries to copy and 1up apple. just look at their touchwiz UI, their home button bs, now they are gonna produce a gold galaxy phone. oh and octa core.

you could run windows with quad core power wtf u need that to run a simple mobile OS like android, let a lone EIGHT cores?

im just repeating myself at this point, im just pointing out a lot of people, even in this thread is buying into the specs marketing gimmick. which is funny, because if a saleperson tried to push that lingo out to a typical customer, that customer is just gonna be like :stoneface: "so...its fast?"

mad processing power and ram, a great phone doesn't make. end of the day, u buy what you like.

[/COLOR]

/beensayingthis

apple HARDLY had to make changes to cash in big time for each release. case in point, didn't they just set a record with their iphone 5S? that phone literally will not operate ios7 any faster than the 5. only big changes is a camera and a fingerprint scanner. that is all. but apple is way too hyped so they'll cash in anyways.

samsung (example) just takes android and tries to copy and 1up apple. just look at their touchwiz UI, their home button bs, now they are gonna produce a gold galaxy phone. oh and octa core.

you could run windows with quad core power wtf u need that to run a simple mobile OS like android, let a lone EIGHT cores?

im just repeating myself at this point, im just pointing out a lot of people, even in this thread is buying into the specs marketing gimmick. which is funny, because if a saleperson tried to push that lingo out to a typical customer, that customer is just gonna be like :stoneface: "so...its fast?"

mad processing power and ram, a great phone doesn't make. end of the day, u buy what you like.

All of this is true.... However if I'm going to cop a brand new phone, I need the specs to justify the price. Especially considering these phones cost more than new laptops, desktops, and tablets that offer more functionality.

Loving the fact that the N5 has beastly specs . Finally theirs gonna be a Nexus device that you can hold on for a couple years and not feel like your phone is extremely dated a year after release . (looking at you Galaxy Nexus)

Back
Top Bottom