• Straight Talk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally Posted by dr funk 13

Need some opinions.

I picked up a Nexus S 4G a couple of weeks ago after being an EVO 4G user since last October (used my wife's upgrade
pimp.gif
).

I love the pure Android experience and the fluidity of the Nexus, but the reception is drastically different from my EVO. I'm contemplating a move back to my EVO, which had better reception of both Wi-Fi and cell signal.

For those who have a Nexus S 4G, what are your thoughts on the phone? I didn't notice any difference when the update came across (granted, I had only been using it for a couple of days prior). I'll need to make the move probably by the end of August so as to be within my 30 day return window.

But again, what are NT's thoughts between the EVO 4G and the Nexus S 4G?
sgs 2 comin next month

Need some opinions.

I picked up a Nexus S 4G a couple of weeks ago after being an EVO 4G user since last October (used my wife's upgrade
pimp.gif
).

I love the pure Android experience and the fluidity of the Nexus, but the reception is drastically different from my EVO. I'm contemplating a move back to my EVO, which had better reception of both Wi-Fi and cell signal.

For those who have a Nexus S 4G, what are your thoughts on the phone? I didn't notice any difference when the update came across (granted, I had only been using it for a couple of days prior). I'll need to make the move probably by the end of August so as to be within my 30 day return window.

sgs 2 comin next month

Need some opinions.

pimp.gif
).

The Nexus S 4G on Sprint has issues. Google "Nexus 4G Sprint Issues".

I'd return it and get something else.

Need some opinions.

pimp.gif
).

The Nexus S 4G on Sprint has issues. Google "Nexus 4G Sprint Issues".

I'd return it and get something else.

[h1]Samsung Planning August 29 Event; US Galaxy S2 Launch?[/h1]
File under: News

By: Stephen Schenck |11:18 AM 12-Aug-11 |http://pocketnow.com/android/samsung-planning-august-29-event-us-galaxy-s2-launch#disqus_thread/cdn.pocketnow.com/xc:1311340928/images/ico_comment.gif);">http://cdn.pocketnow.com/...images/ico_comment.gif); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: initial; background-position: 0px 2px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">3 Comments

galaxy-s-ii-2.jpg

Apple may be nearly ready to announce its next iPhone, Windows Phone 7 Mango could be here by this time next month, and yet smartphone users in the United States are still waiting for their opportunity to get their hands on the Samsung Galaxy S2. Recently, we've been looking to the carriers to try to get a sense for when one might have the smartphone available. Instead, it seems that the answer may be about to come straight from the horse's mouth, with Samsung revealing that it will be making a "major product announcement" on August 29 in New York City. 

More than just when these phones will arrive on US carriers, we're interested in learning what they will be called. We got an early idea of some possible names, but since then it's seemed less likely that all will stick with those labels. With Sprint, for instance, we were expecting the Galaxy S2 to be called the Galaxy Within, but more recently we've heard a rumor that Sprint could call the phone the Samsung Epic Touch 4G. Likewise, we've heard rapidly-changing rumors about AT&T's GS2, first going by the Galaxy Attain, then possibly the Captivate II, not to mention the rumor that there could be two AT&T GS2s, one with and one without a keyboard. There's a similar level of uncertainty surrounding the plans from the other carriers, as well. 

Hopefully on August 29, Samsung will set the record straight, telling us exactly what GS2 hardware the US will be getting, what it will be called, and when it will be available. After all, with a big Roman numeral II on the invitation Samsung's sending out, it seems almost a certainty that GS2 news will be on the menu. 

Source: Phonedog

http://www.phonedog.com/2011/08/12/...august-29th-galaxy-s-ii-not-so-subtly-teased/
[h1]
[h1]Hacked APK Brings Google Videos To Rooted Androids[/h1]

By: Stephen Schenck |3:30 PM 12-Aug-11 |http://pocketnow.com/android/hacked-apk-brings-google-videos-to-rooted-androids#disqus_thread/cdn.pocketnow.com/xc:1311340928/images/ico_comment.gif);">http://cdn.pocketnow.com/...images/ico_comment.gif); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: initial; background-position: 0px 2px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">0 Comments

googlevideos.JPG

Shortly after Google debuted its Android Market movie rental service, reports appeared of users with rooted phones being unable to play back movies they had paid for. We later saw the same thing go down with Blockbuster's movie-rental app. At the time, we speculated that we'd eventually see some sort of work-around emerge to watch this protected content in spite of having root access. It may have taken awhile, but now there's a hacked version of Google Videos available that will play back rented content while you're rooted. 

The fact that users with rooted Androids have to jump through these hoops in the first place is just silly. The studios that own the rights to these films want to prevent users from pirating the rented content, saving it for viewing after the rental period has lapsed. If someone has it in his mind to pirate a movie, there are plenty of easier ways to get higher-quality copy for free; no one's going to shell out $4 with the express purpose of pirating a film when they can just hop on BitTorrent. 

The hacked APK will remove the root checks from both the stand-alone Google Videos app, and its Market-based cousin. It's based on an older version of the app (Google just updated it to officially support Froyo and Gingerbread), but it reportedly still runs fine on anything Froyo or newer. 

This app will not get you free movies, or extend your rental period; all that's happening is the root check and tamper detection checks have been disabled, letting you rent Google's movies while still enjoying root-level access. 

Source: SDX-Developers (with APK download) 
Via: Droid-life
[/h1]

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/08/12/google-videos-hacked-allows-rooted-users-to-stream-movies/

[h1]Samsung Planning August 29 Event; US Galaxy S2 Launch?[/h1]

By: Stephen Schenck |11:18 AM 12-Aug-11 |http://pocketnow.com/android/samsung-planning-august-29-event-us-galaxy-s2-launch#disqus_thread/cdn.pocketnow.com/xc:1311340928/images/ico_comment.gif);">http://cdn.pocketnow.com/...images/ico_comment.gif); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: initial; background-position: 0px 2px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">3 Comments

galaxy-s-ii-2.jpg

Apple may be nearly ready to announce its next iPhone, Windows Phone 7 Mango could be here by this time next month, and yet smartphone users in the United States are still waiting for their opportunity to get their hands on the Samsung Galaxy S2. Recently, we've been looking to the carriers to try to get a sense for when one might have the smartphone available. Instead, it seems that the answer may be about to come straight from the horse's mouth, with Samsung revealing that it will be making a "major product announcement" on August 29 in New York City. 

More than just when these phones will arrive on US carriers, we're interested in learning what they will be called. We got an early idea of some possible names, but since then it's seemed less likely that all will stick with those labels. With Sprint, for instance, we were expecting the Galaxy S2 to be called the Galaxy Within, but more recently we've heard a rumor that Sprint could call the phone the Samsung Epic Touch 4G. Likewise, we've heard rapidly-changing rumors about AT&T's GS2, first going by the Galaxy Attain, then possibly the Captivate II, not to mention the rumor that there could be two AT&T GS2s, one with and one without a keyboard. There's a similar level of uncertainty surrounding the plans from the other carriers, as well. 

Hopefully on August 29, Samsung will set the record straight, telling us exactly what GS2 hardware the US will be getting, what it will be called, and when it will be available. After all, with a big Roman numeral II on the invitation Samsung's sending out, it seems almost a certainty that GS2 news will be on the menu. 

Source: Phonedog

http://www.phonedog.com/2011/08/12/...august-29th-galaxy-s-ii-not-so-subtly-teased/
[h1]
[h1]Hacked APK Brings Google Videos To Rooted Androids[/h1]

By: Stephen Schenck |3:30 PM 12-Aug-11 |http://pocketnow.com/android/hacked-apk-brings-google-videos-to-rooted-androids#disqus_thread/cdn.pocketnow.com/xc:1311340928/images/ico_comment.gif);">http://cdn.pocketnow.com/...images/ico_comment.gif); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: initial; background-position: 0px 2px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">0 Comments

googlevideos.JPG

Shortly after Google debuted its Android Market movie rental service, reports appeared of users with rooted phones being unable to play back movies they had paid for. We later saw the same thing go down with Blockbuster's movie-rental app. At the time, we speculated that we'd eventually see some sort of work-around emerge to watch this protected content in spite of having root access. It may have taken awhile, but now there's a hacked version of Google Videos available that will play back rented content while you're rooted. 

The fact that users with rooted Androids have to jump through these hoops in the first place is just silly. The studios that own the rights to these films want to prevent users from pirating the rented content, saving it for viewing after the rental period has lapsed. If someone has it in his mind to pirate a movie, there are plenty of easier ways to get higher-quality copy for free; no one's going to shell out $4 with the express purpose of pirating a film when they can just hop on BitTorrent. 

The hacked APK will remove the root checks from both the stand-alone Google Videos app, and its Market-based cousin. It's based on an older version of the app (Google just updated it to officially support Froyo and Gingerbread), but it reportedly still runs fine on anything Froyo or newer. 

This app will not get you free movies, or extend your rental period; all that's happening is the root check and tamper detection checks have been disabled, letting you rent Google's movies while still enjoying root-level access. 

Source: SDX-Developers (with APK download) 
Via: Droid-life
[/h1]

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/08/12/google-videos-hacked-allows-rooted-users-to-stream-movies/

Originally Posted by 504 D1 Prospect

Need some opinions.

pimp.gif
).

sgs 2 comin next month
I would love the SG 2, but I don't need it, especially as a college student who just got married. Just wish the EVO had the vanilla Gingerbread, but might have to head back to it.

Originally Posted by 504 D1 Prospect

Need some opinions.

pimp.gif
).

sgs 2 comin next month
I would love the SG 2, but I don't need it, especially as a college student who just got married. Just wish the EVO had the vanilla Gingerbread, but might have to head back to it.

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

how do you trim the number of homescreens on the stock MIUI launcher. I don't need 78 screens. 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
pinch the screen then click on the x of the ones you dont want, you can even drag and drop the screens to where you want them.

how do you trim the number of homescreens on the stock MIUI launcher. I don't need 78 screens. 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
pinch the screen then click on the x of the ones you dont want, you can even drag and drop the screens to where you want them.

Originally Posted by NICKLE DIME BAY

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
if you have THAT many apps then you need to organize em in folders and try to put em in one screen or two, good luck doing that
laugh.gif
, i did this and its a freakin pain.
frown.gif

goin back to CM7...

Originally Posted by NICKLE DIME BAY

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
if you have THAT many apps then you need to organize em in folders and try to put em in one screen or two, good luck doing that
laugh.gif
, i did this and its a freakin pain.
frown.gif

goin back to CM7...

Im new to the whole android thing I just got my htc sensation yest.....I wanna know is there an app or something that I can post pics on nt.....once I hit the reply button on here I can't type....only place I can type is in quick reply

Back
Top Bottom