• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just downloaded Swiftkey 3 on my S3...This keyboard is so much better than the stock keyboard.

I have a s3. I've had it for a month now and the battery life is pretty bad. Look at the picture above. I'm not sure if this is normal or not.

During work hours, I barely touch my phone... take a few calls here and there. don't watch video, don't play games, ..nothing heavy. But I only get about 9 ~10 hours max. I put my phone on Power Saving mode, screen on "auto" and I've done my best to save as much battery as possible.

is everyone experiencing the same battery life as I am or is my phone just a lemon?

What's your screen on time?

Looks like you have a lot of processes running in the background though (based on the phone being awake even when the screen is off). Check the sync settings on your apps. I pretty much only have my gmail and calendar on autosync. Everything else is manual. Even weather. And turn on battery saving and auto-brightness settings.

Just for reference -- I lose 1-3% of battery per hour when I'm not using the phone.

at work do you have a signal?

if not, put it in airplane mode to conserve battery. it's what i have to do working in a basement. thankfully I got Google Voice so I don't miss voicemails or texts :pimp:

Apple: Samsung's Galaxy Nexus a copycat of iPhone
In a separate case from the one in San Jose, Apple is arguing for an appeals court to go through with a ban on Samsung's Galaxy Nexus.

GalaxynexusSprint_610x426.jpg

Apple argued today that Samsung Electronics's Galaxy Nexus copies many of the key features of the iPhone, including voice-control Siri, and should be banned from the U.S.

The argument is a rehash of points made during an initial clash between Apple and Samsung in a Northern California district court, a case in which Apple successfully won. Samsung appealed the ruling, and the two companies are at it again in a U.S. appeals court in D.C.
The case is separate from the ongoing trial between the two technology behemoths going on in San Jose, Calif. While that case revolves around design and the feel of the hardware, this case deals more with software features and could potentially drag Google into the fray.

Apple's lawyer, Mark Perry of Gibson Dunn, said the Galaxy Nexus was Samsung's attempt to steal market share using a copycat product, Bloomberg reported today.
Samsung lawyer John Quinn of Quinn Emanuel, however, argued that sales of the Galaxy Nexus have been minor relative to the iPhone and haven't hurt Apple, Bloomberg reported.

Apple needs to prove it lost market share and profits from the Galaxy Nexus and that the contested features drove sales of Samsung's device.
While both sides were making arguments to an appeals court today, a trial isn't slated to begin until March 2014, according to Bloomberg.
At the heart of the case is a patent involving unified search feature, which can be used to locate data on the device, including contacts and e-mails, as well as information from the Internet. Apple argued that the universal search feature is key to Siri, which provides answers from a variety of sources.
It's also a feature found in the Galaxy Nexus, but Quinn argued that few people were even aware of the feature.
The Galaxy Nexus, which launched in December, was Google's showcase smartphone, and the first device to run Ice Cream Sandwich, or Android 4.0. The phone initially launched with Verizon Wireless in the U.S., with Sprint Nextel picking up the device a few months later. Overall, the phone wasn't as popular as the iPhone 4S or even the Galaxy SII, which was Samsung's flagship phone at the time.

samsung-galaxy-nexus-vs-iphone-4s.jpg

I think i seez it :stoneface:

I have a s3. I've had it for a month now and the battery life is pretty bad. Look at the picture above. I'm not sure if this is normal or not.
During work hours, I barely touch my phone... take a few calls here and there. don't watch video, don't play games, ..nothing heavy. But I only get about 9 ~10 hours max. I put my phone on Power Saving mode, screen on "auto" and I've done my best to save as much battery as possible.
is everyone experiencing the same battery life as I am or is my phone just a lemon?

Something's definitely up here. My battery usually lasts me an entire day (24 hours) before I have to go charging it again. Do you get a fair amount of coverage where you are? That might be an issue or try killing your apps and clearing up your ram.

For some reason I just lost all the media on my phone :x

Pictures, videos, ringtones ... all gone ...

Ok, nvm, it's not exactly deleted.

When I go through my file manager, all my stuff is still there.

It just doesn't show up when I access my gallery or try to set ringtones.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Anybody have experience with getting T-Mobile to bow down and get me a new upgrade phone?

Long story short, I've been with them for 10 years and had this Motorolla Cliq 2 Android OS replaced twice within a year.

Tired of it. I want an upgrade but some of the prices and fees right now are just silly...

So I wanna talk customer service into bargaining.

I want an android phone, with a flash camera, and little bloatware, good battery life, little recurring service issues, and on T-mobile network. Tips?

Anybody have experience with getting T-Mobile to bow down and get me a new upgrade phone?
Long story short, I've been with them for 10 years and had this Motorolla Cliq 2 Android OS replaced twice within a year.
Tired of it. I want an upgrade but some of the prices and fees right now are just silly...
So I wanna talk customer service into bargaining.
I want an android phone, with a flash camera, and little bloatware, good battery life, little recurring service issues, and on T-mobile network. Tips?

Sounds like you want to haggle, you do that with there escalation dept. However you also sound "CHEAP" if you want something good you gonna have to pay for it. My recomendation is to Buy a Galaxy Nexus for $350 from the Google Play store cancel your t-mobile service and get a Simple mobile which runs on t-mobile network and get the cheapest plan you can afford. You sign no contract, no fees and you get one of the best Android device with the things you ask for.

Last edited:
The GNex2 specs are out..
And its still going to be 4.65" Smh
But the cameras are being upgraded plus will have an SD slot :smokin.

Any ideas?

Do you have Rom Manager? If so, update it, then navigate with a root file manager and delete any .nomedia files you see in the root folder of the sd card.

Sounds like you want to haggle, you do that with there escalation dept. However you also sound "CHEAP" if you want something good you gonna have to pay for it. My recomendation is to Buy a Galaxy Nexus for $350 from the Google Play store cancel your t-mobile service and get a Simple mobile which runs on t-mobile network and get the cheapest plan you can afford. You sign no contract, no fees and you get one of the best Android device with the things you ask for.

My dad has that one I think, or something very very very similar to it named Galaxy ____. Except he's had his since late last year so I don't know if that ^ just came out. I keep hearing about it here and on twitter.

My budget is $200 or so, that I'd only like to max out as a last resort. I saw the white Galaxy S2 for 199 + $50 in fees. Which just pisses me off :smh:

Of course I'm cheap :D

Galaxy S3 that much better? Is it faster? More stable? I'm mainly worried about stability and ease of use, while also wanting to be sure that my phone isn't outdated in a few months if I'm paying so much for it.

Any ideas?

Do you have Rom Manager? If so, update it, then navigate with a root file manager and delete any .nomedia files you see in the root folder of the sd card.

My dude :pimp:

Last edited:
Any ideas?

My dude :pimp:

Would this work even without having a Rom Manager¿ I'm not rooted, but there are times when the music I just put on the SD will not show up on Google Music. Or it will be there, then if I stop the player and come back a while later, the tracks will be gone. I downloaded an app called "Rescan Media" that works, but it's a temporary fix because the music will disappear again.

My dad has that one I think, or something very very very similar to it named Galaxy ____. Except he's had his since late last year so I don't know if that ^ just came out. I keep hearing about it here and on twitter.
My budget is $200 or so, that I'd only like to max out as a last resort. I saw the white Galaxy S2 for 199 + $50 in fees. Which just pisses me off :smh:
Of course I'm cheap :D
Galaxy S3 that much better? Is it faster? More stable? I'm mainly worried about stability and ease of use, while also wanting to be sure that my phone isn't outdated in a few months if I'm paying so much for it.

Almost all Samsung phones are called "Galaxy" If you want the s2 you can get that from besbuy.com (only the website, they don't sell t-mobile phones at stores) or wirefly for $100. Of course the S2 is dated in terms of that the S3 has taken over. If you want the S3 firefly will have if for $200.00 no sure about fees and what not but at the end of the day its your money and it depends how much you wanna spend.

Back
Top Bottom