• Straight Talk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[h2]30 Top Paid Games for April & May[/h2]
Spoiler [+]
Here we are again with another toplist, since we skipped one last month, we have enough quality games this time to recommend you 30 paid and 30 free games. The Android market gets split up more and more with new games that only work on specific hardware, which is why we marked the games that are only available on Tegra 2 or Xperia Play, but some of these games will be available for other devices in the future, so please check the market description, if you read this list a few months after it was posted.
Here are the 30 best paid games that were released in march and april, the 30 best free games will follow this week, if we missed a great game that was released in the last 2 months, please let us know about it in the comments:
Age of Zombies
Halfbrick finally released the first Barry Steakfries game on Android, fight against the zombie hordes

Battle Boats 3D
Herocraft brought us this new shoot’em up with a Waterworld inspired theme

Chess: Battle of the Elements
Polarbit is bringing us a nice looking chess game this month

Death Worm
Power up your worm and destroy human civilizations and their armies

Dillo Hills
A good Tiny Wings Clone for Android, roll and fly through autogenerated landscapes

Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde
A nice hidden object game with minigames

Dungeon Defenders: Second Wave (Xperia Play only)
The second part of the Unreal engine powered tower defense game is now available and will be exlusive for a while

Enlightenment
A pathfinding puzzle game

Further Beyond Fighting
The first 3D fighting game for Andorid

Guerilla Bob
A great co-op shooter, read our review for more information

Galaxy on Fire 2 (Xperia Play only)
The best space shooter on mobile phones is finally available for Android

Hardwood Solitaire IV (Tegra 2 only)
Hardwood games are known for their quality, Solitaire IV is probably the best looking Solitaire game on Android at the moment

History: Great Battles of Medieval (Tegra 2 only)
A high quality strategy game, ported over from Xbox

Hockey Nations 2011 (Xperia Play only)
A new Icehockey game, this time with fistfights

Hot Springs Story
The newest game from Kairosoft, manage a japanese hot spring inn

Hungry MonstR
For more information, please read our review

Illusia
The newest 2D Action RPG from Gamevil

Iron Fist Boxing
The first mixed martial arts 3D game

My First TRAINZ Set (Tegra 2 only)
A 3D miniature Train simulator with great graphics

Natalie Brooks
A child friendly hidden object game

No Gravity
A port of the PSP space flight game

Oh! Gnomes!
Save your coins from thievish gnomes

PewPew 2
The follow-up to the popular Retro shooter

Pinball Yeah
Interplay brings us 4 new Pinball tables in one package

Refraction
A puzzle game with lasers and mirrors

Robot Unicorn Attack
The famous running game that always wants to be with you is now available for Android

Thunder Bang
Another running game with a 80′s superhero theme

Beware of the Bad Seed
A whack-a-mole game with nice 3D graphics

Wisp
A puzzle adventure, play the lite version first , it serves as a prologue

Zombie Room AR
A augmented reality game built with the Qualcomm AR Kit

[h2]30 Top Paid Games for April & May[/h2]
Spoiler [+]
Here we are again with another toplist, since we skipped one last month, we have enough quality games this time to recommend you 30 paid and 30 free games. The Android market gets split up more and more with new games that only work on specific hardware, which is why we marked the games that are only available on Tegra 2 or Xperia Play, but some of these games will be available for other devices in the future, so please check the market description, if you read this list a few months after it was posted.
Here are the 30 best paid games that were released in march and april, the 30 best free games will follow this week, if we missed a great game that was released in the last 2 months, please let us know about it in the comments:
Age of Zombies
Halfbrick finally released the first Barry Steakfries game on Android, fight against the zombie hordes

Battle Boats 3D
Herocraft brought us this new shoot’em up with a Waterworld inspired theme

Chess: Battle of the Elements
Polarbit is bringing us a nice looking chess game this month

Death Worm
Power up your worm and destroy human civilizations and their armies

Dillo Hills
A good Tiny Wings Clone for Android, roll and fly through autogenerated landscapes

Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde
A nice hidden object game with minigames

Dungeon Defenders: Second Wave (Xperia Play only)
The second part of the Unreal engine powered tower defense game is now available and will be exlusive for a while

Enlightenment
A pathfinding puzzle game

Further Beyond Fighting
The first 3D fighting game for Andorid

Guerilla Bob
A great co-op shooter, read our review for more information

Galaxy on Fire 2 (Xperia Play only)
The best space shooter on mobile phones is finally available for Android

Hardwood Solitaire IV (Tegra 2 only)
Hardwood games are known for their quality, Solitaire IV is probably the best looking Solitaire game on Android at the moment

History: Great Battles of Medieval (Tegra 2 only)
A high quality strategy game, ported over from Xbox

Hockey Nations 2011 (Xperia Play only)
A new Icehockey game, this time with fistfights

Hot Springs Story
The newest game from Kairosoft, manage a japanese hot spring inn

Hungry MonstR
For more information, please read our review

Illusia
The newest 2D Action RPG from Gamevil

Iron Fist Boxing
The first mixed martial arts 3D game

My First TRAINZ Set (Tegra 2 only)
A 3D miniature Train simulator with great graphics

Natalie Brooks
A child friendly hidden object game

No Gravity
A port of the PSP space flight game

Oh! Gnomes!
Save your coins from thievish gnomes

PewPew 2
The follow-up to the popular Retro shooter

Pinball Yeah
Interplay brings us 4 new Pinball tables in one package

Refraction
A puzzle game with lasers and mirrors

Robot Unicorn Attack
The famous running game that always wants to be with you is now available for Android

Thunder Bang
Another running game with a 80′s superhero theme

Beware of the Bad Seed
A whack-a-mole game with nice 3D graphics

Wisp
A puzzle adventure, play the lite version first , it serves as a prologue

Zombie Room AR
A augmented reality game built with the Qualcomm AR Kit

What about the free ones, though?

laugh.gif

g2x is dope
coming from the nexus one...
camera's good- at both pictures and videos
like that screen cap is built in
stock android- with gingerbread coming soon
screen is gorgeous
battery life is finicky- some days i can make it- others not so much; getting better, though.
network speed is ok...i'm only averaging maybe +1Mbps down compared to the N1 but YMMV
I though I wasn't gonna be a fan of the build but it's pretty good.

g2x is dope
coming from the nexus one...
camera's good- at both pictures and videos
like that screen cap is built in
stock android- with gingerbread coming soon
screen is gorgeous
battery life is finicky- some days i can make it- others not so much; getting better, though.
network speed is ok...i'm only averaging maybe +1Mbps down compared to the N1 but YMMV
I though I wasn't gonna be a fan of the build but it's pretty good.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Best Buy Quietly Starts Accepting HTC EVO 3D Pre-Orders[/h1]
File under: News

By: Stephen Schenck | 3:43 PM 2-May-11 | Comments

evo3d.JPG

Even if a 3D display isn't going to be the deciding factor when you make your next smartphone purchase, there's no denying that the HTC EVO 3D's other specs are more than impressive enough to stand on their own. From a 4.3-inch qHD display to a dual-core 1.2GHz Snapdragon, the EVO 3D has all the hardware needed to compete head-to-head against the other top smart phones for dominance this summer. Apparently that won't come early enough for everyone, as according to a leaked internal Best Buy communication, the retailer is responding to customer demand by now accepting pre-orders for the EVO 3D, even without an official launch date.

The flyer discourages Best Buy employees from doing anything to promote this pre-order, keeping it off the table unless a customer specifically asks about the Sprint smartphone. Even then, there's precious little information available to best Buy employees, with only a few specs confirmed for them to share with customers (speculating as to what smartphone news sites have been saying about the EVO 3D is strictly verboten).

Among the specs Best Buy confirms is the presence of dual five-megapixel cameras. After seeing the international GSM version of the EVO 3D get a revised spec list that downgraded the cameras to two-megapixel senors, we were fearing that we might be facing the same cutbacks with the US version on Sprint. Best Buy, at least, seems confident that won't be the case.

Pre-ordering the EVO 3D at this point won't get you much more that a little piece of mind, but if you can't fight the urge, Best Buy will be happy to help you out; all you need to do is ask.

Source: Android Central

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Did Google Just Confirm "Ice Cream Sandwich" For Next Android?[/h1]

By: Stephen Schenck | 5:30 PM 2-May-11 | Comments

ics.jpg

Speculation into the code name for Google's next Android release has been touching on all things ice cream; we've heard just plain-old "ice cream", "ice cream sandwich", and most recently considered "ice cream sundae". So far, there's been nothing close to an official confirmation from Google in any of those directions. That is, until yesterday, when Google's Romain Guy seems to have acknowledged that the next Android release will be called Ice Cream Sandwich.

Commenting on a bug report in Honeycomb, Guy responded with the message "A bug fix will be provided in Ice Cream Sandwich." This is interesting for a Honeycomb bug, as we understand ICS to refer to a future Android 2.x release, integrating Honeycomb functionality with Android for smartphones. That isn't to say that it also won't be resolved in the next Android 3.x release; hopefully Google's first ICS announcement will go a long way to clearing up the future paths for Android on both tablets and smartphones.

Part of the logic that made Ice Cream Sandwich seem like a preferable choice to a more traditional depiction of ice cream is in how it could be differentiated from frozen yogurt. Any way you slice it (scoop it), it would be hard to tell apart ice cream from Froyo, which beat it to the Android punch. An ice cream-based novelty, on the other hand, makes for a perfect, non-confusing fit.

Source: Google
Via: Android Central

http://www.androidcentral.com/another-taste-ice-cream-sandwich-next-version-android

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Best Buy Quietly Starts Accepting HTC EVO 3D Pre-Orders[/h1]

By: Stephen Schenck | 3:43 PM 2-May-11 | Comments

evo3d.JPG

Even if a 3D display isn't going to be the deciding factor when you make your next smartphone purchase, there's no denying that the HTC EVO 3D's other specs are more than impressive enough to stand on their own. From a 4.3-inch qHD display to a dual-core 1.2GHz Snapdragon, the EVO 3D has all the hardware needed to compete head-to-head against the other top smart phones for dominance this summer. Apparently that won't come early enough for everyone, as according to a leaked internal Best Buy communication, the retailer is responding to customer demand by now accepting pre-orders for the EVO 3D, even without an official launch date.

The flyer discourages Best Buy employees from doing anything to promote this pre-order, keeping it off the table unless a customer specifically asks about the Sprint smartphone. Even then, there's precious little information available to best Buy employees, with only a few specs confirmed for them to share with customers (speculating as to what smartphone news sites have been saying about the EVO 3D is strictly verboten).

Among the specs Best Buy confirms is the presence of dual five-megapixel cameras. After seeing the international GSM version of the EVO 3D get a revised spec list that downgraded the cameras to two-megapixel senors, we were fearing that we might be facing the same cutbacks with the US version on Sprint. Best Buy, at least, seems confident that won't be the case.

Pre-ordering the EVO 3D at this point won't get you much more that a little piece of mind, but if you can't fight the urge, Best Buy will be happy to help you out; all you need to do is ask.

Source: Android Central

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Did Google Just Confirm "Ice Cream Sandwich" For Next Android?[/h1]

By: Stephen Schenck | 5:30 PM 2-May-11 | Comments

ics.jpg

Speculation into the code name for Google's next Android release has been touching on all things ice cream; we've heard just plain-old "ice cream", "ice cream sandwich", and most recently considered "ice cream sundae". So far, there's been nothing close to an official confirmation from Google in any of those directions. That is, until yesterday, when Google's Romain Guy seems to have acknowledged that the next Android release will be called Ice Cream Sandwich.

Commenting on a bug report in Honeycomb, Guy responded with the message "A bug fix will be provided in Ice Cream Sandwich." This is interesting for a Honeycomb bug, as we understand ICS to refer to a future Android 2.x release, integrating Honeycomb functionality with Android for smartphones. That isn't to say that it also won't be resolved in the next Android 3.x release; hopefully Google's first ICS announcement will go a long way to clearing up the future paths for Android on both tablets and smartphones.

Part of the logic that made Ice Cream Sandwich seem like a preferable choice to a more traditional depiction of ice cream is in how it could be differentiated from frozen yogurt. Any way you slice it (scoop it), it would be hard to tell apart ice cream from Froyo, which beat it to the Android punch. An ice cream-based novelty, on the other hand, makes for a perfect, non-confusing fit.

Source: Google
Via: Android Central

http://www.androidcentral.com/another-taste-ice-cream-sandwich-next-version-android

Whoa! I've been sleeping on salvage rom, its quick as hell when loading up apps. It even has automatic landscape mode without any extra launcher app settings, some of the cyanogen mods are on this rom but not all. I was on some tweaked cyanogen rom but it kept killing my battery life from 100% to 75% in under 20 minutes. Its an AOSP rom version 1.2.1 in clockwork mod app.

Whoa! I've been sleeping on salvage rom, its quick as hell when loading up apps. It even has automatic landscape mode without any extra launcher app settings, some of the cyanogen mods are on this rom but not all. I was on some tweaked cyanogen rom but it kept killing my battery life from 100% to 75% in under 20 minutes. Its an AOSP rom version 1.2.1 in clockwork mod app.

Originally Posted by Sneaky

When's the evo 3D come out, again?
i asked a sprint rep the other day.  there is no set date but he said i could probably count on june sometime.

Originally Posted by Sneaky

When's the evo 3D come out, again?
i asked a sprint rep the other day.  there is no set date but he said i could probably count on june sometime.

Is the HTC inspire 4g the best one out right now for AT&T? Right now, I have the iPhone 4 and I've been wanting to switch to android. Should I just get the Inspire ? Or should I hold out for something better?

Is the HTC inspire 4g the best one out right now for AT&T? Right now, I have the iPhone 4 and I've been wanting to switch to android. Should I just get the Inspire ? Or should I hold out for something better?

Back
Top Bottom