• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, I understand being over it at this point because of damn near every phone maker moving away from removable batteries but I don't see why it's surprising people want them.

The only downside I remember was the lack of water resistance they caused, other than that being able to pop a fully charged battery in a phone whenever you want is nothing but a win to me.

Some vids on the other Samsung products from yesterday:

its not really a big deal for me to charge my phone so I dont really see any upside with a removable battery especially at the expense of dust and waterproofing.

On Samsung's site? i never knew they offered military discount.
Edit: oh i see. And you must be trading in a fairly new device. I'm only seeing 250 offer.

I have the note 10 for trade. They are giving me 650.
Screenshot_20200807-045233_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200807-045241_Chrome.jpg

sick deal on the note20 on slickdeals if you're on at&t

comes out to $10 per month for me with trade in

If I had at&t I would cancel my pre-order. That is a HELL of a deal.

I have AT&T and I want to do it and my S8 Active is listed on their trade-ins. I know this sounds incredibly ignorant, but can I go to the AT&T store around the corner and do it? Or is this through slickdeals and I need to do it through the site?

Also, is the Note 20 insanely superior to the S8 Active?

I love my Active. 3 years, SOOOOOO many falls and drops. Joint is TOUGH, man. I am NOT gentle. 😬

i think you can only do it through at&t instead of them accepting it at the store.
the link from slickdeals takes you to the desired page on at&t to complete the transaction
any phone model that matches their trade in requirements is valid for the $1,000 credit.
it's kinda like the old days when phones were subsidized

i have a samsung a50 that i'm sending in. i live in oregon where there's no sales tax, which results in a flat $10/month additional charge on my unlimited phone bill over 3o months for the ultra 128GB. the only thing is that you're locked in for 30 months, but i've been a steady at&t customer so it's no big deal to me

also once you get your new phone, you can open the samsung app and register your phone for at least $150 credit in accessories (like wireless buds since these note 20s don't have headphone jacks)

^ I've been with AT&T forever, also, so I'm not worried about that, either. But I did see that it says the trade in offer is only valid on new lines. So I can't keep my same phone number and plan I have with AT&T? I have to start over with a new line?

I'm really tempted to do this trade in offer. I just want to know a little more on the details, and like I said previously, I really do love my S8 Active.

^ I've been with AT&T forever, also, so I'm not worried about that, either. But I did see that it says the trade in offer is only valid on new lines. So I can't keep my same phone number and plan I have with AT&T? I have to start over with a new line?
it's for existing at&t customers as well. you'd have to take on an unlimited plan (if you don't currently have one). your number doesn't change

Man I think I'm'a pull the trigger on that Note 20 trade in offer. I visited my AT&T store today and talked to them about it for quite a bit. With the plan I have, it would be $5 CHEAPER for me to get the Unlimited Elite plan, which you have to have to qualify for the offer. For those (like me) who have never done a trade-in before, this is all in fine print on the offer, but you are charged the price of the phone (Note 20 or Note 20 Ultra) divided by 30, and you are credited that same amount every month. So you pay nothing for the phone as long as you stick with it for 30 months... BUT... you have to pay the tax of the phone, so whatever it in your state. I live in Illinois and the tax rate here is like infinity percent, so I'll pay a little over $100.

I've never had a Note, but I've heard you guys mention that the Note 20 Ultra will be infinitely better than the Note 20. I don't know the differences because the 2, but I know the Ultra has twice the storage I have in my S8 Active, and he said it SHOULD work with the wireless charges I literally just bought last month. Spent $100 on a stand-up charger for work and for the living room, and a combo watch/stand-up charger for the nightstand.

Told him I was gonna think it over tonight, look at some cases on amazon, and probably come back tomorrow and pull the trigger. Kinda excited about it, but man... I cannot overstate how much I love my Active. For real, man. This thing is so durable and fast and just the best phone I've ever had... but I'm sure I'll be saying the same about this Note 2 years from now (I've had my Active 2 years).

Would you guys think the deal is only worth it if you do the Ultra?

darthska darthska damn. They lock you in for 30 months? I mean not bad if you are happy with the service plus saving 5 bucks a month is great.

I'll tell you this, after reading just about every article I could, the Ultra is the only one worth purchasing.

Anybody have the galaxy fold? Any complaints and any known long use issues?
Thinking of upgrading my note 9 which has giving 0 issues except the small crack (dropped over 20 something times) that was seld inflicted.

^ Messed with the Fold a little bit in the store today. I have to say, I was extremely impressed. The rep did tell me that a common complaint already is people breaking the screens by even the smallest amount of anything in between the foldable screen before you put it in your pocket. She said definitely coins will break the screen if they happen to be get in the middle of the foldable screen, but people have brought it back with all kinds of just small crap from their pocket getting in between the screen. As mentioned before in my praise of the Active, I am very rough on phones, so that was a no go for me. But man, having that screen fully open and all that viewing area... *whew*... it was NICE.

Back
Top Bottom