• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just checked an it is 0.2 inches smaller, my fault. I still think putting out a Plus version of the S7 Edge doesn't make that much sense since the OG is already a phablet 

Definitely agree. Size difference is there but no where negligible enough to make a whole new model

This has been the most important year in smart phones for me. Between phones exploding, being severely over priced, and just not adding anything new I have learned that phones are not worth it at all and they won't catch me falling in the consumerist trap ever again.

This has been the most important year in smart phones for me. Between phones exploding, being severely over priced, and just not adding anything new I have learned that phones are not worth it at all and they won't catch me falling in the consumerist trap ever again.

Smart dude.

Exactly. Me and you both know wassup cause we actually did it :lol: sometimes people just have to experience things for themselves. I personally feel like Android offers a lot of great alternatives right now.

Budget category:

One Plus 3, Honor 8, Axxon 7

Flagship:

V20, S7 Edge, Pixel, 6P

Considering the fact the the S8 will release in March I would cop one of the budget devices and/or wait for a pixel price drop. Wouldn't be opposed to going all in on the V20 but that is also gonna get a price drop in the next few months

Yeah man we both experienced it :lol:. This was actually a perfect time to do it so I was like man let me finally try this for myself. The Android offers so many more great alternatives though like you said but i gotta see if I want to sacrifice the communication for that. Wish Samsung or Google would just get their minds right with this messaging and this would be simple :stoneface:

Those Flagship phones you listed I may look into and on the budget side the Axxon looks like a keeper. About to check out some reviews

I am done with the yearly upgrade cycle personally, any phone I buy will have to last me at the very least for two years if not longer than that. I don't buy a new laptop/gaming console every year, why should I buy a phone annually? 

take my rep.

if people just hardware reset their phones once a year instead of running out to buy a new one as the first sign of lag, people would be happy with the same phone for 2-3 years easily.

i haven't gone over 3 years but i think 3 is reasonable.

Yeah man we both experienced it :lol:. This was actually a perfect time to do it so I was like man let me finally try this for myself. The Android offers so many more great alternatives though like you said but i gotta see if I want to sacrifice the communication for that. Wish Samsung or Google would just get their minds right with this messaging and this would be simple :stoneface:

Those Flagship phones you listed I may look into and on the budget side the Axxon looks like a keeper. About to check out some reviews

I am done with the yearly upgrade cycle personally, any phone I buy will have to last me at the very least for two years if not longer than that. I don't buy a new laptop/gaming console every year, why should I buy a phone annually? 

Agree 100% on both points.

We shouldve been taken a stand on shelling out all this money every 6 months to a year.. These companies are not creating products and advancing technology to the point where the yearly new release is a must have. Apple is the biggest offender of this. They've released the same phone for the last three years with the only real advancement being a third level of screen pressing which opens up a different set of contextual menus. Google has then stolen that idea and totally refinded it to the point where a simple long press allows you to bring up the pop up menus while still allowing you to uninstall the app and moving it around the screen all at the same time :lol: but hey were the suckers who fall for this "3D touch" "dual camera DSLR photo quality", etc. when we stop shelling out the bucks that's when we'll see real advancement in things like battery life (insert [emoji]128293[/emoji]joke here), speaker and headphone output audio quality, and ui refinements (really impressed in what I've seen in Google's 7.1 UI/OS especially with Google assistant)

Only budget phone maker I trust is Motorola.

ZTE made too much crap for me to trust them.

Same for LG, I like LG phones but the failure rate is way too high for their flagship devices.

At this point in my life I just want good battery life and the phone to work for 2 years without having to replace it.

I think I'm going to cop a Pixel and see how I feel about it.

If it's wack I'm going 7+ and activating this Moto Z on my work line.

how has LG been failing? their flagship phones have been pretty well received since the G3. especially last year with the V10. and the V20 looks very promising as well.

Idk I just see phones as mini cars, not something to be kept for a long time. For you dudes shelling out full price though it makes sense, leasing is the way to go for me. When I get tired of it just get a new one.

how has LG been failing? their flagship phones have been pretty well received since the G3. especially last year with the V10. and the V20 looks very promising as well.

Well received by who?

Their mobile phone division has been losing money for a while now.

Their last 3 flagships have the highest defect rate of any other flagships Verizon sold.

If LG only made phones they would dame near be out Of Business.

Last edited:
I would get the pixel but no way in hell am i going to expandable storage again. I learned my lesson with the S6

Well received by who?

Their mobile phone division has been losing money for a while now.

Their last 3 flagships have the highest defect rate of any other flagships Verizon sold.

If LG only made phones they would dame near be out Of Business.

Well received by me
All my.LG devices have held up great and perform excellently.

G3 basically put them on the map, G4 had mad issues and could've been skipped, v10 was solid overall (it did extremely well in t-mobile), g5 did ok but i think it was slept on. Interface was smooth as hell.

Looking back on how much i liked the customization of the v10, I'm actually hyped for the 20 now.

G3 basically put them on the map, G4 had mad issues and could've been skipped, v10 was solid overall (it did extremely well in t-mobile), g5 did ok but i think it was slept on. Interface was smooth as hell.

Looking back on how much i liked the customization of the v10, I'm actually hyped for the 20 now.

Quite true. G4 left a bad mark on their rep. UI is smooth as hell and cameras always awesome

Well I guess we have to return our replacement note 7s.. I really don't feel like getting a s7.. might actually get a iPhone 7 until the s8 releases..

Y'all saying lg has big reliability issues completely deaf to the fact note 7 has ceased production for them issues!??

I think most android manufacturers will take a step back and see what Apple will drop next year for the 10 year anniversary. Curious to see if the rumors of an all glass iPhone are true.

I expect all android OEM to drop S type updates for the next year

Last edited:

Most people are like that now. Which is one of the reasons iPhone sales are slowing down.

Companies would have to do a complete redesign every year, because software changes are doing it.

And Android is going to have to stop their two year support for phones and start updating phones longer.

Back
Top Bottom