• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Its out of hand man smh.  Samsung has got to trash the whole TouchWiz framework and start from scratch.  This is unacceptable for a device in 2015.   My phone has more processing power than my damn Macbook and is consistently laggy 
mean.gif
well to be fair, a computer has a different architecture but, I see where you're coming from.
You're right lol(Im a Software Engineer lol) .  I made that comparison not to compare the two platforms, but just to point out how far devices have come hardware-wise, and how some of these devices are still stuck in 2007 software performance wise.  I dont expect my phone to be able to run Crysis or anything, but to lag opening the calendar or just unlocking the screen is just craziness.  

Yea seems like OnePlus has really turned off a lot of customers. Apparently the 1+2 is gonna be quite a bit more expensive because of the cost of the 810, which itself is basura. They're gonna downclock it to 1.7Ghz
sick.gif
The article posted earlier said its gonna be the same price

Yea seems like OnePlus has really turned off a lot of customers. Apparently the 1+2 is gonna be quite a bit more expensive because of the cost of the 810, which itself is basura. They're gonna downclock it to 1.7Ghz :x

Every time a phone wins me over, they pull something like this :smh:

Yea seems like OnePlus has really turned off a lot of customers. Apparently the 1+2 is gonna be quite a bit more expensive because of the cost of the 810, which itself is basura. They're gonna downclock it to 1.7Ghz :x
The article posted earlier said its gonna be the same price

OPO 2 confirmed it will be the same price as the first one :smokin

https://www.androidpit.com/oneplus-2-pricing-revealed
thank #basedgod

You can believe an article saying their source is from an insider, or hear it from the insiders themselves

After our recent announcement about the Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 being the CPU of the OnePlus 2, we have seen a surge of speculations and rumors surface about the price of the 2 and overheating concerns. We would like to remind you that these are just that -- rumors.

The 810 is much more powerful than its younger counterpart, the 801, and is a much more expensive component. We’re paying more for the 810 than we ever have for the 801. In fact, the cost is almost 60% higher, and we’re not getting any discount. We can tell you now that the price of the 2 will certainly be higher than $322. But, the 810 is a top-of-the-line processor, and it’s what the OnePlus 2 deserves. Our Snapdragon 810 chipset runs the same eight cores for stability, but at 1.8 GHz for cooler temperatures. We’ve taken precautions to make sure none of our users have to settle.

Before jumping to conclusions about the quality of the 2, we ask all of our fans and critics to just wait and see. We’re confident in our products, and we were careful to only choose components that are fit for the successor of the Flagship Killer.

Up to you.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oneplus-2-rumors-we-are-mad.316975/

p.s. 1.8GHz, not 1.7

You just made me enjoy me OPO even more with all of your salty hatred :smokin

Never had any issues. Yellowing seemed to be an issue for the first batches of the phone but a problem that seemed to have been fixed after the initial issues. I remember there being an issue due to the glue used or something like that when I was doing my homework on the phone. And I have never had any touchscreen sensitivity issues ever.

Like I said before, I'm just gonna wait a few months after release so they can fix any issues that arise when the phone comes out.

I don't trust being an early adopter with any phone since you're essentially just paying to be a bug tester anyways...

You just made me enjoy me OPO even more with all of your salty hatred
smokin.gif

Never had any issues. Yellowing seemed to be an issue for the first batches of the phone but a problem that seemed to have been fixed after the initial issues. I remember there being an issue due to the glue used or something like that when I was doing my homework on the phone. And I have never had any touchscreen sensitivity issues ever.

Like I said before, I'm just gonna wait a few months after release so they can fix any issues that arise when the phone comes out.

I don't trust being an early adopter with any phone since you're essentially just paying to be a bug tester anyways...
This right here
nthat.gif

Dude sat there and referenced old issues from 1st run batch phones from a brand new company. My friend had the screen issue and left it outside for like 30 minutes or something and it was perfectly fine after that. I never had a single problem with the one I have and my friend still has it and uses it and has no issues with theirs either.

Like someone else said, Android is not the only software with issues out here. iOS is by nowhere near perfect and has had plenty of vulnerabilities and glitches with it's own stuff. Hell, they just had one where if you text them a certain text string, that it would wipe their phone
laugh.gif

You just made me enjoy me OPO even more with all of your salty hatred :smokin

This right here :nthat:

Dude sat there and referenced old issues from 1st run batch phones from a brand new company. My friend had the screen issue and left it outside for like 30 minutes or something and it was perfectly fine after that. I never had a single problem with the one I have and my friend still has it and uses it and has no issues with theirs either.

Like someone else said, Android is not the only software with issues out here. iOS is by nowhere near perfect and has had plenty of vulnerabilities and glitches with it's own stuff. Hell, they just had one where if you text them a certain text string, that it would wipe their phone :lol:

Well it's probably not the issues with the phone itself, but with the way OnePlus handled those complaints. They up and skirted all of the issues and ignored customers. Their software updates to fix said issues did nothing because it was a hardware issue.

Should I root my nexus 6? Some say I should to get better battery life. If I do root, what else should I do to optimize battery life?

Should I root my nexus 6? Some say I should to get better battery life. If I do root, what else should I do to optimize battery life?

I mean, rooting really does nothing to your battery life. Installing custom ROMs, kernels and Greenify does. Read up the FAQs on XDA.

Just watched fast 7 on shyhd app. :pimp:

also,rooting is just rooting. A kernel will make or break battery life after root.

The short answer of wether or not you should root is: it depends. By rooting your device, you are technically(*) voiding your warranty. As with any unauthorized access, there is a possibility, either by chance or human error, that your phone could be damaged beyond repair during or after the process. Once your device is rooted, you have unfettered access to just about every aspect of your phone. There have been many, many people who completed the root process, flashed a custom ROM and kernel just fine, and then ruined their phone by altering some hardware level settings that they shouldn't have touched.

With that being said, I encourage everyone I know with Android to root their devices. The reason? It allows you to change and customize your phone to the most miniscule detail you can imagine. You can change fonts, flash ROMs, kernels, change voltage settings to improve battery life/performance, and just about anything else you want to make it truly feel like your own.

The first thing you should do is get on XDA and read this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-6/general/how-to-nexus-6-one-beginners-guide-t2948481
It will answer most of your questions about the process, guide you through step by step, and help you get started in customizing your phone.

If you decide to follow through, there are many ways to optimize battery life. The easiest is to just turn your screen brightness down, which you don't actually need root to do. You could also flash a custom kernel like Franco's Kernel, which is already optimized for battery life. There are custom ROMs that are light weight and meant to save on battery power as well, but by and large the difference is negligible between the most popular. You can edit voltage settings, but I wouldn't recommend that unless you can follow instructions to the tee and are comfortable with the command line in case something bad happens.

I say that all to say this: you might not need root. If you are perfectly happy with your phone, you don't have to go spend hours learning the inner workings of Android for a boost in performance. At the end of the day, you are the one who has to use the phone and take on the risk of rooting. Think about it and choose wisely.

*you can reset your phone to factory settings, including the "flash count" which is a flag that many android devices use to tell whether or not you've tampered with your phone after returning it to stock. It's usually a pretty painful process, but it can certainly be done. While the warranty would still technically be voided, if they have no way of knowing...*kanye shrug*

Last edited:
Welp my days of using keepchat and snapshare are over. :frown: Going to try and see if I can get snapprefs to work with kitkat.

Edit: Got it to work! Success!!

Last edited:
couldn't decide what phone to get when my nexus 4 screen was broken. couldn't stand my back up windows phone anymore so I just bought a screen replacement for $50 and got to work. it was pretty simple, i broke some plastic things on the back case trying to get the phone open but nothing important. everything was going fine until i came across one screw that wouldn't budge and ended up being stripped. luckily it was in the corner and i just broke it off.

now I can take my time and choose a phone.

Its out of hand man smh.  Samsung has got to trash the whole TouchWiz framework and start from scratch.  This is unacceptable for a device in 2015.   My phone has more processing power than my damn Macbook and is consistently laggy :smh:

[COLOR=#red]Negative, in no way does your Note 4 have more processing power than your Macbook. Kindbof proves people in here only look at the numbers and not other factors.

My Note 4 isn't having these problems you guys are having even after lollipop...and that's and because I don't I'm mess with my phone like y'all buying do.

You guys remind me of the modding community of the N54 twin turbo engines of the previous gen Bimmers. Dudes was chipping their ECU and gaining ungodly HP and Torque, but then was wondering why they were having reliability issues.

Anyway you all knew Samsung was still using TouchWiz, but you guys couldn't resist the allure of the machine called Samsung.

Side notes: I got a stupid good deal for a new 64 GB iPhone 6+ unlocked for $300. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]Negative, in no way does your Note 4 have more processing power than your Macbook. Kindbof proves people in here only look at the numbers and not other factors.

My Note 4 isn't having these problems you guys are having even after lollipop...and that's and because I don't I'm mess with my phone like y'all buying do.

You guys remind me of the modding community of the N54 twin turbo engines of the previous gen Bimmers. Dudes was chipping their ECU and gaining ungodly HP and Torque, but then was wondering why they were having reliability issues.

Anyway you all knew Samsung was still using TouchWiz, but you guys couldn't resist the allure of the machine called Samsung.

Side notes: I got a stupid good deal for a new 64 GB iPhone 6+ unlocked for $300. [/COLOR]
even if it is a good deal you know it's still android > apple.. I'm a converted iPhone user from the 3g all the way to the plus and I don't see myself ever going back.. after the facetime era seems Apple stopped trying and just went for the look factor but gave us the sos..

Back
Top Bottom