Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Same.

My N5 has been restarting and optimizing the apps on its own since yesterday. Tried cleaning the power button but that didn't help. Ever since I updated to 5.0 I've been having little issues such as the camera and certain apps crashing or not even launching.

Do you use the "trusted faces" security feature? I've read disabling it fixes the camera crashes.

FWIW I'm on paranoid android 4.4.4 and loving it. Feels like when I first got my N5 :smokin

Still don't understand why they don't roll it out in the bay area when they're located in the bay area!!!

I think it is more than just wanting to roll it out. I believe there are a lot of local things they have to deal with. Also they have Comcast and ATT they have to deal with as well.

Yeah, the cable companies have lobbied local governments for so long, it's going to take a while for it to be rolled out.

Same.

My N5 has been restarting and optimizing the apps on its own since yesterday. Tried cleaning the power button but that didn't help. Ever since I updated to 5.0 I've been having little issues such as the camera and certain apps crashing or not even launching.
Do you use the "trusted faces" security feature? I've read disabling it fixes the camera crashes.

FWIW I'm on paranoid android 4.4.4 and loving it. Feels like when I first got my N5
smokin.gif
Nope, I dont have that activated. Gonna use an old iphone 5 until i solve the issue. If I ever get it to work properly again I am going to do the same as you and go back to 4.4.4

Still don't understand why they don't roll it out in the bay area when they're located in the bay area!!!

I think it is more than just wanting to roll it out. I believe there are a lot of local things they have to deal with. Also they have Comcast and ATT they have to deal with as well.

Yeah, the cable companies have lobbied local governments for so long, it's going to take a while for it to be rolled out.

Also infrastructure/logistics. I think the cities where they've rolled out were plug and play for Google where cables were already laid out.

What ever happened to their internet service?

Think it was called Google Fiber

Slowly ... very slowly expanding.

Nashville, Atlanta, Charlotte, Raleigh-Durham, and Salt Lake City will be the next cities to get it.

If you check the Fiber map, SJ is listed as a possible city. They actually have it near Stanford.

Fiber probably won't ever come to SF. Google and the city planned on bringing it years ago, but nothing came out of it.

The development and the laying of fiber in cities like SLC, Raleigh, etc .. is just cheaper.

Upon further review of that Google Wireless service, I think that my $30 T-mobile plan is a better deal. Actually since it uses T-Mobile towers, it doesnt make any sense to switch to it from T-Mobile.....yet. There access to high quality wifi spots has me interested though

Just installed HD Cinema on my phone, im liking the quality of it on my Chromecast so far in comparison to Showbox

Last edited:

Ahh I see so that's what they're up against. Didn't know that

I'll stick with the $30 T-Mobile plan, it's good to have some options though.

Same.

Same issue with mine. I Might have to jump on that G4 if the hype is real

not much but i accidentally ordered an extra pack of spigen official screen protectors (i thought the orders were 1 per pack but they came in with 3 in both packs). its a 3 pack of the regular silicon crystal clear protectors. if someone wants the 3 pack just cover shipping and its yours. PM me if you want em

Anyone on t mobile have issues with receiving double texts from people hours later after the initial text was received? Or you are sending out double texts to people?

I'll stick with the $30 T-Mobile plan, it's good to have some options though.

Same.

Same issue with mine. I Might have to jump on that G4 if the hype is real

Man its gotten to the point where its unusable, I'm on a backup Galaxy S4 right now. If anything works for you let me know, I miss my phone man :frown:

Edit: tried factory resetting the N5 and it has been stuck on this screen for 10+ min. Might be in the market for a new phone sooner then I wanted to be

Last edited:
Anyone on t mobile have issues with receiving double texts from people hours later after the initial text was received? Or you are sending out double texts to people?
This has been going on FOR WEEKS!!! It never stops either, right this minute I'm getting duplicates of texts that I initially received at 10:30 PM last night.

I'd rather this than paying an arm and a leg for a cell phone, there are plenty of other messaging clients I can move to when this sort of thing happens. 

T mobile is cheap for a reason

As much as I love paying 30$a month and having fast lte, there's times where I want to make the switch to another carrier

People won't get my texts, I won't get texts for days at a time until I restart my phone. Just random stupid stuff drives me crazy

As much as I love paying 30$a month and having fast lte, there's times where I want to make the switch to another carrier

People won't get my texts, I won't get texts for days at a time until I restart my phone. Just random stupid stuff drives me crazy
I've been with Tmobile for years and have never experienced these issues. Either you're living in the middle of bum**** where their service is spotty or you need a new phone.

Back
Top Bottom