• Straight Talk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Idk why but I really want this joint
mean.gif

So I ordered a Nexus 6 to test out for a couple of weeks over my Note 4. I did some photo tests today and the Note 4's camera is appreciably better than the Nexus'. The Nexus' photos looked a little washed out when compared to the Note 4 and the detail on objects is captured far better by the Note 4.

Other things I've noticed between the two phones:

1. In comparison to the Note 4, the Nexus 6 is (at least to me) a little harder to handle due to the difference in width of the phones.
2. The app load speeds are all but equal. One thing might load a bit faster on one phone and another will load faster on the other. Even switching to the recents page seemed to be the same.
3. The Note 4 has a noticeably brighter display on it than the Nexus. The Note's screen also tended to be more white than the Nexus screen which was a little warmer in color.
4. Stock Android is really beautiful and far exceeds TouchWiz in terms of presentation and use (no surprise there).

What's going on with the 810 
nerd.gif
Apparently it overheats. I'm no tech nerd tho, so I'm sure someone else can give you a more detailed answer.

Snapdragon 810 overheating myth busted? SoC runs cooler than the 801, claims report

By Anton D. Nagy  | February 16, 2015 11:39 PM

We’ve been hearing various Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 overheating reports. If these were only tied to Samsung — remember, Samsung is reportedly ditching Qualcomm because of this purported issue  — we’d understand that the South Korean giant is bringing an excuse in order to push its own processors (as Samsung reportedly wants to enter the SoC game).

However, according to a recent report, it looks like the Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 is actually running cooler than its 801 predecessor. The test setup includes a device available on the market running Snapdragon 801 on Full HD display, and a prototype running Snapdragon 810 on a Quad HD display. They’re both being used in the same environment, running the same apps (same game, Asphalt 8, in this particular example, for 30 minutes), and capturing 4K video.

The measurements unveil that under both usage scenarios, the Snapdragon 801 hits its thermal ceiling faster than the Snapdragon 810. This is particularly interesting because of all the “thermal throttling” and “performance drop” reports that have been recently surfacing about the 810 chip itself, and/or smartphones powered by Qualcomm’s fastest SoC.

Of course, until we get our own Snapdragon 810-powered smartphone in our labs, we can (or can not) believe these reports, all reports, but from the charts below, it sure looks like the thermal issue could very well be a non-issue.

Snapdragon-810-overheating.png
Snapdragon-810-overheating-2.png

Source: STJS Gadgets Portal
Via: GSMArena

Looks like LG might be thw last frontier for devices with removable batteries :smh:

The model number EB-BG925ABE of the battery units goes in line with the expected SM-925 internal designation of the upcoming flagship. A manufacturing date of only a couple of days ago adds further credibility to these images.
We witness a slight reduction in capacity, compared to the 2800mAh battery on the Galaxy S5, brought about by the constant push for thinness. However, advancements in chip technology and Google's optimized Lollipop OS, should hopefully mean that the hit in capacity won't result in poor endurance. Add to that a possible wireless charging capability and things don't look all that grim.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s6_battery_seen_in_the_flesh-news-11252.php

And just like that, my next phone purchase options were narrowed to one.

Please dont make the G4 suck LG PLEASE

Why would they go away with one of the things that make their phones stand out a little more.

mean.gif

Maybe because the general consumer doesn't care as much about removable batteries?

I didn't think I'd go with a non-removable battery... but that was a compromise I made with the Moto X. I'd honestly still take the non-removable battery just with a bigger capacity. I'd sacrifice some thinness for a bigger battery.

I had the backup battery for the GNex... it was almost required, but between car chargers, turbo chargers, portable battery packs, etc., I don't think I'll miss it as much as I used to. Of course, nothing is quicker than popping in a fresh battery to give your phone 100% life again, but it's a compromise.

Last edited:
But they got rid of the removable battery and reduced the capacity + a quad HD screen. That just seems like an automatic step backwards in battery life.

I wouldn't be surprised if the battery life is worse compared to the S5, but clearly they think consumers would prefer a thinner device vs a bigger battery.

I'd be fine with the non-removable battery so long as it lasts long enough for regular/heavy usage for the day. Of course, you still lose the ability to swap it out if/when the battery worsens over time.. but it's a compromise.

Back
Top Bottom