• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Me coming from a N5 to the OPO has been wonderful.

The build quality, responsiveness, camera, battery, and customization out the box are great.

The phone just feels good to hold and I really like the material on the back of the phone. Doesn't feel fake and just gives it a good feeling in hand with it.

Since I came from the N5, most other phones cameras, would have been an upgrade to me anyways, but this camera is really nice. Being able to swipe through the various filters is a nice touch as well.

Customization is as expected with a CM based ROM. Each update puts out different things to the point you really don't need to root if you don't want to. Unless you big into tasker profiles/tasks, custom kernels, and/or root explorer and full app restore/backups.

The battery is as advertised. I can at least 20 hours of standby time each day and over 4 hours of OST that consist of hangout chats, FB, IG, web browsing, Google music streaming, Clash of Clans, and any other random game that I find and play (Family Guy and Swamp Attack right now).

Updates are more frequent and they can resolve issues faster this way. No more waiting for a vendor to release an update and then wait for your carrier to approve the update. They want to push something or fix something, they can push it out tomorrow if they want to. Take the 4.4.4 "battery drain" issue. People were mad about going from 3 days on standby with 6-8+ OST hours in some extreme cases to 1.5 days with 4-5 OST. They singled out the issue, and are testing it and a patch will be out. In total it will be a little over a week full cycle in that and most of it is just testing to make sure nothing else is wrong. And they still have their scheduled update coming out as scheduled as well in the next couple of weeks. It would take months for a vendor and carrier to fix something like this. Wait for Google update, Sense/TouchWiz/etc update their software, phone carrier tests and approves update...and we all know if you are on VZW it might be a year before you get the update
laugh.gif

I have a friend with an OPO and he had a iPhone 5s, s5, Flex, Note 3, Nexus 5 and an M8 (works for AT&T), and he says that this phone is the best phone period hands down. He says that he doesn't feel the need to go for the iPhone 6 having this phone.

I can grab my wife's S5 and take a couple shots of my phone and post them up if you prefer. Would you prefer me to take it out the bumper case I have on it and just show the phone itself?

Last edited:
Wright is damb right about the OPO..however the only person I know with the OPPO on ere was lobo

[h1]We go hands-on with the Sharp Aquos Crystal[/h1]

NEWS

SMARTPHONES
By Mark Guim  | Aug 19 2014 | 7:20 pm  | 46 COMMENTS

Sprint has recently announced the Sharp Aquos Crystal  and we were very eager to see it in person. Tonight, at an event in New York City, Sprint has shown off this device with stunningly-slim bezels. It's heading to the carrier Sprint and its prepaid Boost Mobile and Virgin Mobile brands. Interested? Watch our hands-on video and photos!

The Sharp Aquos Crystal features a 5-inch 720p screen with very little bezel on the top and sides. There's an 8-megapixel camera on the back with 1.2MP on the front, a 1.2GHz quad-core processor, 1.5GB of RAM, 8 GB for storage, and an embedded 2040mAh battery. It runs Android 4.4.2 KitKat.

aquos_crystal_2.jpg

Other key features include Harman's LiveStage, which adds dimension to sound, and Clari-Fi technology, which improves digital sound quality by restoring all types of compressed digital music.

aquos_crystal_1.jpg

Another interesting feature is a subscription service called App Pass that allows customers to access a hand-selected catalog of premium apps and games for $4.99 per month after a 14-day free trial. This is exclusive to Sprint in the United States. The App Pass catalog is curated with some of the world's top developers including Gameloft and Oceanhouse Media. It also includes select titles from other developers such as OfficeSuite 7 Pro, Camera Zoom FX, Minuum Keyboard, CamScanner and Color & Draw for Kids.

aquos_crystal_5.jpg

We're not used to seeing slim bezels on most smartphones, but after playing with the the Aquos Crystal, we'd like to see more manufacturers do the same thing. It makes devices with big screens feel much better to hold.

aquos_crystal_3.jpg

The Sharp Aquos Crystal costs $0 down and 24 monthly payments of $10 on Sprint Easy Pay. It will also available at Virgin Mobile and Boost Mobile both for $149.99 plus tax.

What do you think? Is this your type of smartphone? Let us know in the comments!

the last 3 joints sharp released have looked 
smokin.gif

bezels scary thin though 

Finally got this thing figured out. Had to download the an older firmware ota update pull the recovery file from download flashify flash the stock recovery from there and finally the ota updates would update. Spent 2 whole daystrying to figure this out my nerves were being tested

finally said forget Verizon and switched to Tmobile. I got the LG G3 great phone. that screen is unreal. the camera is dope as hell clarity and sharpness in every pic.

im saving $50 a month with tmobile i cant lie though i do miss Verizon 4g lte coverage everywhere.

funny thing there was a lady in the tmobile store dressed professional behind the desk.
so i assumed she was the manager. she was pressuring me to buy the Samsung Galaxy s5. I told her i was sick of samsung, boring design, copying apple and they pollute the market with so many different but still the same galaxy. so when she left the guy that was helping was like thats the samsung rep lady :lol:. i was like oh shoot :lol:

finally said forget Verizon and switched to Tmobile. I got the LG G3 great phone. that screen is unreal. the camera is dope as hell clarity and sharpness in every pic.

im saving $50 a month with tmobile i cant lie though i do miss Verizon 4g lte coverage everywhere.

funny thing there was a lady in the tmobile store dressed professional behind the desk.
so i assumed she was the manager. she was pressuring me to buy the Samsung Galaxy s5. I told her i was sick of samsung, boring design, copying apple and they pollute the market with so many different but still the same galaxy. so when she left the guy that was helping was like thats the samsung rep lady :lol:. i was like oh shoot :lol:

:rofl:

Bashing Samsung to the Samsung rep is gold. Repped.

so i assumed she was the manager. she was pressuring me to buy the Samsung Galaxy s5. I told her i was sick of samsung, boring design, copying apple and they pollute the market with so many different but still the same galaxy. so when she left the guy that was helping was like thats the samsung rep lady
laugh.gif
. i was like oh shoot
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Brilliant.

:pimp:

Last edited:
OPPO is the brand that OnePlus One broke away from, different companies.
Yea you right on that one. I was trying to type it real quick before I left work yesterday and kept typing OPPO instead or OPO, lol
Lol @ tellin the Sammy rep her company aint about ****.

Anyway... It wasnt even close. This is why us Verizon users jus pay r bills n be quiet.

http://www.droid-life.com/2014/08/1...verwhelming-leader-in-the-us-for-performance/
You saying that VZW customers be quiet and just pay your high bills is just feeding into why they are high and will never come down though. With unlimited plans pretty much phased out and phones are no longer subsidized and paid for up front, the cost of the plans should go down, but since "they are the best" they will continue to charge those high rate plans. They only moved to the 4 lines for $160 because so many people started leaving them for AT&T and T-Mo...I was one of those defectors mack in May, and I had VZW for 10 years before that.

I was paying $215/month for an S4, Droid Razr, and a basic LG Voyager phone with just 6GB of data a month & that was with my company monthly discounted rate well
sick.gif
mean.gif

I spoke with VZW numerous times about reducing the plan cost and the only thing they could give me was to drop back to 4gb/month to save $20 or to turn in all the phones, sign 3 new 2-yr agreements and move to the Edge program through them. The thing is....the numbers for 3 phones on the Edge program with new "premium" phones was HIGHER than my current bill! Their response was that I would have 10GB of data then. That is when i knew it was time to roll out on them, lol

My G3 is having problems charging

If I let it get under 10% before throwing it on the charger, it won't charged when plugged up..The battery will get extremely hot & I'll have to pull the battery, let it cool off, then put it back in. 

Anyone else having those issues?

Don't own a G3 but it sounds like you got a defective unit on your hands..I'd go in the store and trade that joint in asap, wouldn't eem try to fix it.

Back
Top Bottom