• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
True, but these are two completely different operating systems. Windows software is generally left untouched, except for a couple applications and wallpapers. Switching OEMS can affect update time, amount of updates, future so ftware, etc.

Though I doubt they will skin the UI of future phones, I am worried about timely updates as well. Hopefully, they'll start to use to the "timely" update philosophy that Google pushed.

"Faster than 99% of us" :x :smh:

Sorry fambs. I'm not out to gloat

ya'll gonna start posting pics holding a piece of paper saying, "I have severely overpriced 10mbps Internet. I AM THE 99%"

:rofl: seriously though, Google needs get this ish everywhere. I hope everybody gets to partake in its goodness :pimp:

Last edited by a moderator:
dr funk 13, what speeds do you get with WiFi? I'm assuming what you showed is with wired connection (not that it's any less impressive).

Last edited:
Lenovo on the come up :pimp: Motorola lost when the X wasn't a Super Nexus with a Droid Maxx esque battery for $299.99 like originally rumored.

Admittedly, I share my Internet connection with three other tenants (per the agreement from my landlord). When I hog the connection to myself, it's full 1gbps speed, but otherwise it's a "mere" 400-500mbps
roll.gif
37-Ski-Mask-Way.gif

@Antidope can't really go wrong for the price. If you don't have a smart tv already then it's worth it. They just added some new apps that let you watch the content on your phone through the Chromecast.

@Antidope can't really go wrong for the price. If you don't have a smart tv already then it's worth it. They just added some new apps that let you watch the content on your phone through the Chromecast.
You can stream local content too? Too much power, the feds might come after me for obvious reasons.

You can stream local content too? Too much power, the feds might come after me for obvious reasons.
Unless you streaming al-Qaeda training videos, feds don't care about you bruh.

MPAA/RIAA, on the other hand...

$164 and some change for a new Nexus 4 screen plus the installation :smh: :frown:

The screen had to be special ordered from the LG headquarter.

Oh well, I was considering buying a new phone too :rolleyes

Last edited:
Though I doubt they will skin the UI of future phones, I am worried about timely updates as well. Hopefully, they'll start to use to the "timely" update philosophy that Google pushed.
Yep, it's still pretty worrisome. Hopefully it won't affect the phone much.

Admittedly, I share my Internet connection with three other tenants (per the agreement from my landlord). When I hog the connection to myself, it's full 1gbps speed, but otherwise it's a "mere" 400-500mbps :rofl:

:smh: and I'm paying $35 a month for 5mbps

dr funk 13, what speeds do you get with WiFi? I'm assuming what you showed is with wired connection (not that it's any less impressive).
Here are my wifi speeds

Obviously WiFi speeds are limited due to the technology but, that's basically what I was getting on my old Internet connection when I was wired in, so I'll take it.

@dr funk 13 how much it goes for?

1gbps service is $70 a month. A $30 installation fee will also get you free 5mbps Internet for 7 or 8 years if you just want the basic stuff.

Is that real internet GOOD LORD.....

Is Chromecast worth it?

Indeed it is real webs. Google is about that life :pimp:

Just did a test this morning (when less people were sharing my connection) and pulled this:

Speeds like that would allow me to go all digital with my X1 and never look at a disc again. Is fiber coming to NYC anytime soon ?

It's at all those junk places like Kansas and Utah 
mean.gif

Minnesota might be near the front of the line 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
It's at all those junk places like Kansas and Utah :smh:

Minnesota might be near the front of the line :nerd:  

:rofl:

the reason it's out here in Utah is because there was an existing fiber network in the area. I wouldn't be shocked to see it expand to SLC and most of northern Utah within the next few years. Fiber networks aren't cheap and most areas don't have them. I know Austin, TX is getting Google Fiber as well in the near future.

I just ordered a Black 32GB Nexus 5 after a guy next to me at a poker table had one and I screwed around with it. I've been with Apple and have had a 3G and 4. This is my first experience with Android, but I needed a change as my 4 has been screwing up and I didn't want to wait for their announcement and maybe this will be something I enjoy better.

What are some of the first things I should look at getting for the phone to experience Android better and really utilize this new phone on a day to day basis. I just started working at a local IT company as well and will be accessing a lot of DropBox files and stuff that we use to manage clients so that will be nice to have more screen as well.

I'm also on ATT, so will I be able to just take out my microsim from iPhone 4 and pop it into the Nexus or will I have to go there to get something straightened out?

Thanks for any tips or recommendations.

Last edited:
You should be able to just take out the sim and throw it right in and you'll be good. If you're not getting lte then you'll probably need a new sim.

As far as apps or anything.. It works just like your iphone except if you don't like the stock keyboard there are plenty to choose from on the play store my favorite has always been swiftkey it's got great prediction.. Same with messaging apps there are a ton out there to choose from. I likes 8sms and textra you can choose whatever does what best for you. Airdroid is always nice you can add files to your phone without needing the cord. There are a lot of other apps but I'm blanking right now.

Back
Top Bottom