• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
so I got rooted and finally got a flashed rom to work (LiquidSmooth 2.9) and it seems to be working quite well. Occasionally I'll get a message saying, "Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped." I had this happen earlier when I was flashing the wrong gapps package but I'm not sure why it's doing it now.

I've also noticed that it takes forever to charge the battery. is this pretty common place? thanks for the help, NT

I've really never noticed the charging time but on liquid smooth does the camera work? Last time I had liquid smooth the camera wouldn't work

That's the version I have
I just downloaded blackmart and it says loading for a while then internet connection error. Anybody ever have this problem?

same here... :nerd:

Anyone have a fix for this?

I have the version shown here.

That would happen even with getting it from Google? Is there any way around it?
possibly.
I do know that tube mate gets blocked, and triggers my tethering warning. Its also a reason why people need to support open internet initiatives.

I'd suggest posting in the ROM's thread if you haven't. You can probably get a lot more help there.

Link?

did you make sure to wipe dalvik and cache?
thats usually the cause
and charging depends on the kernel so try switching to a different one

checkout illusion rom if they have it for the s4

It seemed to charge just fine when I had the phone off, but when it was on it had some trouble charging at the stock rate.

I've really never noticed the charging time but on liquid smooth does the camera work? Last time I had liquid smooth the camera wouldn't work

The camera seems to work just fine. I kinda miss Samsung's camera app tho. I liked the features it had (even if some think they were gimmicky)

Where did you download the rom?

Go to the xda forums and find the section for your phone. Should be there.

So if I don't like it will i be able to go back to the regular youtube app? Also, wnere do downloads like that come from? Is that like a leak of a youtube update set to arrive in the near future. Forgive me, I'm not a tech junkie.

Just downloaded and it is a lot simpler than the current youtube. A new features is p.i.p. So now you can browse through youtube with a small Window playing your video.

Last edited:
So if I don't like it will i be able to go back to the regular youtube app? Also, wnere do downloads like that come from? Is that like a leak of a youtube update set to arrive in the near future. Forgive me, I'm not a tech junkie.

Just downloaded and it is a lot simpler than the current youtube. A new features is p.i.p. So now you can browse through youtube with a small Window playing your video.
I'm really not sure maybe YouTube was updated on some devices and they got it from there. There will most likely be an update soon in the play store to this YouTube so you should be able to go back to the old one as long as they don't update it by just uninstalling it

I took a look at it and I don't think I would like minuum. It's a neat idea but i don't like all of the letters in a row like that.

NEWS

[h1]HTC Zara with 4.5" display and Sense 5.5 leaks[/h1]
20 August, 2013 | Comments (12)  | Post your comment

Tags: HTCAndroidRumors

An alleged press photo of the HTC Zara has leaked courtesy of evleaks, complete with a set of specifications that reveal the phone's mid-range nature.

gsmarena_001.jpg

According to the leak, the HTC Zara will be powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8930 chipset with two Krait CPU cores running at 1.2GHz, 1GB of RAM and an Adreno 305 GPU. Internal memory is just 8GB, but is expandable via the onboard microSD card slot.

At the back, there's an 8MP camera with LED flash. While its video recording capabilities aren't mentioned, it should support 1080p video recording. Below the battery cover sits a 2100mAh battery.

It should be enough powering the 4.5" display (probably of the Super LCD2 variety) of qHD resolution. HTC Zara is the second phone we hear of that's going to launch with the updated Sense 5.5 user interface running on top of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. The HTC One Max is going to debut  with the company's updated UI.

Judging from the leaked photo, the HTC Zara is featuring the same capacitive button arrangement as the HTC One, HTC One mini and HTC Desire 600 dual sim. It has the same BoomSound speakers on the top and bottom of the phone. The back of the phone appears to be made from nice matte plastic, which looks rather nice.

There's no information when we should expect the HTC Zara to be announced. An educated guess would be that HTC is going to make it official in September  alongside the HTC One Max.

Source

Google starts integrating Waze into Google Maps
By Brad Reed on Aug 20, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Google Maps Waze Integration

10:50 AM
Unfazed by a Federal Trade Commission antitrust investigation, Google has started integrating Waze into Google Maps. The company announced on Tuesday that “users of Google Maps for Mobile will now benefit from real-time incident reports from Waze users,” meaning that “when Wazers report accidents, construction, road closures and more on Waze, the updates will also appear on the Google Maps app for Android and iOS” in several countries including the United States. Google paid just under $1 billion to acquire Waze earlier this summer with the intention of using the company’s crowd-sourced mapping information with its own Maps application. The FTC has said it may at some point stop Google from integrating Waze data into Google Maps to stop the company from having a monopoly on mobile mapping applications.

Last edited:

Unfazed by a Federal Trade Commission antitrust investigation, Google has started integrating Waze into Google Maps. The company announced on Tuesday that “users of Google Maps for Mobile will now benefit from real-time incident reports from Waze users,” meaning that “when Wazers report accidents, construction, road closures and more on Waze, the updates will also appear on the Google Maps app for Android and iOS” in several countries including the United States. Google paid just under $1 billion to acquire Waze earlier this summer with the intention of using the company’s crowd-sourced mapping information with its own Maps application. The FTC has said it may at some point stop Google from integrating Waze data into Google Maps to stop the company from having a monopoly on mobile mapping applications.

Waze is awesome. Google Maps is awesome.

Together..... :pimp:

Waze is awesome. Google Maps is awesome.

Together..... :pimp:

My thoughts exactly.

Back
Top Bottom