• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The HTC One is gorgeous but it's hard for me to trust HTC, always buggy and late with updates from what I've always heard.

Been dying to upgrade to the S4 for Sprint but it's hard for me to decide between the two.

The fact their shipping it with 4.1 instead of 4.2 already tells me they're not gonna be bout that update life.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

Pure android option?

Look no further than the Facebook phone by ATT...

All you have to do is turn off the Facebook home app and its identical to a nexus 4 .

:lol:

The HTC One is gorgeous but it's hard for me to trust HTC, always buggy and late with updates from what I've always heard.

Been dying to upgrade to the S4 for Sprint but it's hard for me to decide between the two.

i feel the same way about HTC, also horrendous battery life

i was sooo close to getting htc one x and got the s3 over it for the same feeling

im pretty set on gettin the gs4 too

looks pretty on the outside but not the most reliable

kinda like an audi.

Don't carriers also play a part in updates?

Last edited:
Don't carriers also play a part in updates?

Yes, but it starts with the phone manufacturer. They put it out the update to the carrier, and then the carrier makes their own modifications and sends it out to the customer.

In general tho, HTC is slower in sending out their update to the carrier, therefore taking it longer to reach the phone.

It's kinda like a supply chain system.

those are both display models :lol:

yup, forgot to mention these are at&t dummy models. Aint mines....yet. :evil: unlocked verison of course.

If HTC does really well in marketing these devices, I see why not it should sell just as well as the S4.

Last edited:
yup, forgot to mention these are at&t dummy models. Aint mines....yet. :evil: unlocked verison of course.

If HTC does really well in marketing these devices, I see why not it should sell just as well as the S4.

I think its too late, people already have set in their mind to get the S4, I was at Tmobile and this old lady was asking about the S4. At Most I think the One could be one of those Sneak Successes like the GS2 was and then for the next phone HTC kicks up the marketing. The fact that this phone was announced months ago and the avg consumer doesnt know about it till this day, theres no hope compared to the GS4

I think its too late, people already have set in their mind to get the S4, I was at Tmobile and this old lady was asking about the S4. At Most I think the One could be one of those Sneak Successes like the GS2 was and then for the next phone HTC kicks up the marketing. The fact that this phone was announced months ago and the avg consumer doesnt know about it till this day, theres no hope compared to the GS4

HTC is still a recognizable brand, yes they have had some some faults with certain devices or just not executing properly with a flagship device. Consumers would look too the S4, but like all in things in Android and just being a consumer. We have chooses and we have wallets. HTC still can still pull through, if they don't samsung would be controlling the Android smartphone market.

Last edited:
HTC is still a recognizable brand, yes they have had some some faults with certain devices or just not executing properly with a flagship device. Consumers would look too the S4, but like all in things in Android and just being a consumer. We have chooses and we have wallets. HTC still can still pull through, if they don't samsung would be controlling the Android smartphone market.

Idk Only people I know who think Highly of HTC are Tmobile customers and people that had the Droid Incredible 1 when it dropped, everyone else I've seen despises HTC. HTC was amazing back when I had their Pocket PC windows phones I know when I worked at Verizon The Thunderbolt, Incredible 2, and Rezound left a bad taste in peoples mouths

Undecided on the HTC One and the Galaxy S4.
I hate how cheap the S3 felt, and I like the form factor of the One along with the camera (from what I've heard and the pics I've seen)
Idk brahs.

Undecided on the HTC One and the Galaxy S4.
I hate how cheap the S3 felt, and I like the form factor of the One along with the camera (from what I've heard and the pics I've seen)
Idk brahs.
itll come down to the screen and UI if you are staying stock

htc one screen>crappy amoled screens

the s3 set the stage for the s4. everybody was talking about the s3 when their marketing campaign attacked iphones in all those commercials. all this happened while htc was chillin on the sideline.

if u got the s3..ull prolly do the incremental upgrade to the s4. just like all the iphone folk. if you have a different phone or are due for an upgrade itll be a toss up. but the samsung galaxy name will win by far, make no mistake. the name is almost on the iphone level. people who dont know anything about phones or even what it looks like will walk into stores saying "i was told i need a galaxy s4"

Anyone here have any problems with TWRP? I'm considering switching over from CWM due to the "blobs" taking up so much space :smh:

Back
Top Bottom