• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Note II is already set up to accept wireless charging (as well as the Galaxy S3).  Depending on what version you have, there should be two gold pins directly to the right of the battery. (International version which I have, AT&T , and I think T-mobile version).  I think with the Verizon version they covered the pins and you have to do a slight mod.  All you need is a reciever and any Qi compatible charging pad (energizer, panasonic, Nexus 4 Orb, generic one, etc) .  The reciever is a small thin patch that connects to those gold pins.  You place it and put the battery cover back on.  Cant see it and it adds no thickness to the phone.  Just sit the phone on the charging pad and Voila.  The phone looks no different from stock as the reciever patch is under the battery cover. I got my reciever and charging pad as a package deal from http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/...ductive-wireless-charging-upgrade-kit-for-sam and it works perfectly.

It literally took about 2 minutes to setup.  It will even charge through a case.

For more info, read through this thread on XDA http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1945582.  They have pictures and can explain better than I can.

Ruh Roh. I hope my 32gb sd won't crap out on me. I got backup on my Dropbox tho.

Ill drop a link to all the cuben walls in a sec :pimp:

rooted using setcpu to 500-600........I don't talk on the phone much.... mostly texting....random internet stuff...bank account and eBay checking all day. ruzzle a couple times.....but that's about it.

note 2 btw

Last edited:
I agree non-removable battery isnt a big issue to me long as your software is solid and doesnt freeze. but how can you know the one wont stand up to the s4? their specs are nearly identical with the one having the (debatable) better screen. camera wise the s4 may be better as far as taking pictures but i honestly couldnt fathom the s4 having better features camera or sound-wise. design and screen size will be subjective. apps will match. its gonna come down to touchwiz vs sense 5, 4.7" vs 5" screen, and battery.

Because HTC goofed before. That's why Sprint started selling the HTC One X (EVO 4G LTE) for $100 less than the S3 because of all the reception issues and the fact it didn't get 4.1 till after the S3. Hell they even stopped showing the commercials for it and it was supposed to be Sprint's "flagship" device.

I ain't sayin HTC can't come back, but in the eyes of a somewhat educated consumer they're not somebody who you really want to put your money and faith in that they'll make a quality device based on their recent track record.

That's just my outlook on it though, I'm sure there's a lot of ppl who agree and disagree.

A company can release a quality product that changes everything though.

Samsung Android phones sucked until the s2.

The DNA is a quality device and its a better overall product than Note 2 to me.

really wish the dna had tmobile bands, thats the phone I've been most interested in since the holidays. even more so than the new generation.

If that's really da S4 and it has that nexus nav bar....copped. throwing this N2 away.

I don't really like the on screen keys of the N4. I don't know whats the big deal about them and would get rid of them if I was bout that root life for the pie controls. I see why people do like them, but I feel like its a waste of space.

evleaks is pretty reliable but i dunno about this one.  The aspect ratio looks way off, especially for it to be 1080p and have on-screen buttons. Way too wide.  Guess we'll just have to wait and see though.  If that is really the S4 though, HTC One >>> S4 design wise.

I also hope they keep the screen in the 4.8" range.  Any larger and it'll just be a Galaxy Note without the SPen

Last edited:
Aint even checking for that S4. Samsung can keep that garbage.

"designed for humans"

I wonder what lame ad line they will come up with this time.

Finally got my new N4 cases from Hong Kong. They have a nice texture to them, like the Quicksand cases for the S4. For $7 for all 3, I had to try them. Now which do I use first... :lol:

they wont make the s4 any bigger because then it would intrude into the notes marketshare

I know design wise One>S4. That phone looks beautiful.

If the S4 does have a 5" screen then the Navbar would be perfect.
It was a waste of space on the GNex.

We'll see whatsup in a few more days.

@Boost-that is the only one I don't hab. I'll find it before I pack it up.

I know design wise One>S4. That phone looks beautiful.

If the S4 does have a 5" screen then the Navbar would be perfect.
It was a waste of space on the GNex.

We'll see whatsup in a few more days.

@Boost-that is the only one I don't hab. I'll find it before I pack it up.

I'ma have to disagree. Maybe for the avg run of the mill consumer it was a waste of space but anyone with a relative knowledge of Android and rooting should appreciate it. On AOKP/CM10 there's a nav bar toggle built right into the power menu so no true need for pie controls. It allows you to manually expand the screen when gaming or looking at videos, screen space you wouldn't have with physical buttons.

I also like the fact that you can use pretty much whatever images you like for your nav buttons if you're skilled enough, just another customization opportunity that Android offers

I'ma have to disagree. Maybe for the avg run of the mill consumer it was a waste of space but anyone with a relative knowledge of Android and rooting should appreciate it. On AOKP/CM10 there's a nav bar toggle built right into the power menu so no true need for pie controls. It allows you to manually expand the screen when gaming or looking at videos, screen space you wouldn't have with physical buttons.

I also like the fact that you can use pretty much whatever images you like for your nav buttons if you're skilled enough, just another customization opportunity that Android offers

One of the main reasons I want that nav bar. I can throw my psx icons in it :lol:

Back
Top Bottom