Vizio Quality?

I'm pretty sure my Panasonic is about to die on me anyday now because of these fuzzy red spots that show up sometimes so I will be in the market for anew TV soon. I was on Walmart's website and they got this Vizio 42in 1080p 240hz for $900 but Im not really familiar with them. I see the commercials allthe time but have not bought any of theyre products. For those that own a Vizio would yall reccommend it over other brands? I was deciding between that and a46inch Sony Bravia for about the same price but its only 60hz

It's been over 2 years since I've had my Vizio and it's still running perfectly.

just brought my parents a 22inch vizio for their room and its pretty good, even though the quality isnt as good as the Sharp hdtv i had in their room prior tothe vizio.

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Originally Posted by IM A HELION

Below average to average.
Proof?
I can't prove it, but I have one and I used to sell plasmas and LCD's for Sears. *shrug*
ohwell.gif
Imean I guess they good for the price.

Originally Posted by wj4

It's been over 2 years since I've had my Vizio and it's still running perfectly.

Same here. I mean its not the GREATEST...but it does the job and has pretty good quality. I'm satisfied with it.

It's good for the money. I bought my mom a 32" vizio for her room. It's nice but I told myself I would only get Toshiba REGZAs for my house afterowning one
pimp.gif

Best bang for your buck

Reviews seem solid on walmart.com and cnet

Only concern

Like LG, Vizio uses a "scanning backlight" technology to achieve its 240Hz processing, unlike the MEMC technology used by Sony and Samsung, forexample. The MEMC system inserts three interpolated frames for every true frame in a 60Hz source, while the scanning backlight system turns the backlight onand off very rapidly. We doubt the difference will be visible to most viewers, but we'll reserve judgment until we have a chance to test both systems inthe lab.

I'm not sure how big of a deal that is

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

So based on these comments is it safe to say that vizio is pretty much like RCA?
I would say that Vizio is better than RCA. RCA is kinda harsh as a comparison
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Rafool

Originally Posted by wj4

Same here. I mean its not the GREATEST...but it does the job and has pretty good quality. I'm satisfied with it.
laugh.gif
Word. I paid $500 for a 32'' LCD back 2 years ago and it's still working..money well spent. I don't have HD or BluRay oranything of that nature so I'm good.

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by Rafool

Originally Posted by wj4

laugh.gif
Word. I paid $500 for a 32'' LCD back 2 years ago and it's still working..money well spent. I don't have HD or BluRay or anything of that nature so I'm good.

I've had mine since toward the end of 08....First HDTV
No problems whatsoever...The only thing I hate is when I turn the tv off that blue light stays on
alien.gif

Its an excellent TV for its price.Great picture quality
pimp.gif

My 32' Vizio still works from last christmas. I have a HDMI and A Blu Ray player and it looks good.
Its only 60 Hz so im thinking about selling it and getting a 120' Hz Tv.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

never had a problem with mine but im ready to get a samsung LED HDTV

Seen that in best buy playing monsters inc on blu-ray

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

price is too much for me tho
smh.gif

I have no problem with Vizio, but I find it very funny that people are saying "yes had mine for 2 years and its still great" Like thats a long timefor a TV to last. Shouldnt TV's last like 8, 10, 12 years before they start breaking down?

BTW OP, sounds like a real good deal. I would scoop it up.

Story: my aunt bought a 50'' Vizio 3 years ago for $1500 at circuit city.. 2 weeks ago it went blank. my aunt called vizio and they asking $450 forrepair.

Still like the brand for the price... but made me think more on buying 1.

Originally Posted by raffstyleXX

Story: my aunt bought a 50'' Vizio 3 years ago for $1500 at circuit city.. 2 weeks ago it went blank. my aunt called vizio and they asking $450 for repair.

That's actually pretty typical. I mean judgin from what you said, she didn't buy an extendedwarranty, so she gon have to pay up. They really don't build TV's to last anymore anyway.

Originally Posted by IM A HELION

Originally Posted by raffstyleXX

Story: my aunt bought a 50'' Vizio 3 years ago for $1500 at circuit city.. 2 weeks ago it went blank. my aunt called vizio and they asking $450 for
repair.

That's actually pretty typical. I mean judgin from what you said, she didn't buy an extended warranty, so she gon have to pay up. They really don't build TV's to last anymore anyway.
real talk, replace vizio with samsung, lg, song, etc and she would have had to pay out of pocket to get it fixed.

i got a 37" 1080p i got last year for my bday. it does the job. only thing that sucks like with all hdtv's is that if you dont have hd channels yourtv watching experience will suck. but watching sports and playing video games in hd is
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom