VIP STYLE CARS VOL. I NEED AN E CLASS

Originally Posted by jumpman247

What happens when you go over a bump?

nuclear-bomb-explosion.jpg

Originally Posted by jumpman247

What happens when you go over a bump?

You can raise the car with a flick of a switch inside the cabin, it has air suspension. Kind of like hydrolics for low riders. Some of my friends aregetting into the 'scene' now, trying to buy all the Junction Produce stuff they can.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Tupac Jordan

Quick question. Does the wheel camber make the car perform better?

Depends on the situation. I hope I get this right.
EDIT: I have a better way. Lets say you have a RWD car. The same exact tire size on all for corners.

If you had F = -3o camber and R = 0 camber. The car would want to oversteer because during a corner, the front tires would have a greater contact patch thenthe rear tires. Since the power is coming from the rear wheels, the rear tires with the less grip would want to go away from the centre of the corner while thefront tires want to go towards the centre of the corner. Thus this creates oversteer.

If you had F = 0 camber and R = -3 camber. The car would want to understeer because during a corner, the front tires would have a smallercontact patch then therear tires. Since the power is coming from the rear wheels, the rear tires with the more grip would want to go into from the centre of the corner while thefront tires want to go away fromt the centre of the corner. Thus this creates understeer.

I think this is correct. I welcome corrections

In short,. No, wheel camber is for looks, unless you planning to drift like a mofo.

Excessive camber leads to uneven tire wear on the inside, if thats what you're looking for.

there aren't that many speed bumps in japan. its typical for dudes to have their rides that low in japan. biggest problems usually arise when trying topark, there's usually a dip or a steep rise to enter a lot of parking spots. now that i think about it, i've never seen a vip car get a parking ticket.dont sleep on some of those vip cars though, some of them are pretty quick, twin or single turbo rides. the oem clear tail light on the nissan fuga are
eek.gif
, same with the headlights for the white nissan cima at the bottom.you'ld have to see them up close. Toyota Celsior = most od vip car

Originally Posted by Slow Motion G35

In short,. No, wheel camber is for looks, unless you planning to drift like a mofo.

Excessive camber leads to uneven tire wear on the inside, if thats what you're looking for.

True, but camber does help performance. I.E. Bimmers. Ever seen the massive rear camber they have from the factory? Yeah, it helps them handle a lot,I'd say it sabout .9-1 though. Nothing too serious like what you see on those drift cars which run like 2.5 and up. What camber does is improve gripping inthe corners, and in RWD cars, usually the rear holds the most camber because usually the rear steps out. On a FWD it would do the same, which is basicallynothning since FWD cars understeer in extreme cornering conditions. If you were to put negative camber in the front end of any car though, you'd get slowersteering response because of the smaller contact patch.

Wheel camber isn't just for looks and isn't just for drifting only. Look at any form of motorsport or any street car, there is some degree ofcamber. There is a performance imporvement to be had and even slight camber adjustments is noticeable.
Excessive camber would only leave to uneven tire wear if the suspension geometry is not designed for the degree of camber. However, for the cars inthis thread, if they drove like that, those tires wouldn't last at all.

Yea a little camber is good, alot is terrible basically what he ^ said. I'm not usually a fan of VIP cars but a few of em actually look pretty hot,especially that E-class and the worst def has to be that CLS, my god that bumper is terrible.

Originally Posted by collaborator27

Wheel camber isn't just for looks and isn't just for drifting only. Look at any form of motorsport or any street car, there is some degree of camber. There is a performance imporvement to be had and even slight camber adjustments is noticeable.
Excessive camber would only leave to uneven tire wear if the suspension geometry is not designed for the degree of camber. However, for the cars in this thread, if they drove like that, those tires wouldn't last at all.

You can drive the wheels like that and not get uneven wear with good set of suspension, arms and bags, it looks like it has negative camber, but actualityit doesn't. yes there is improvement in tire-to-road ratio with camber adjustment, but not noticeable for everyday driving.

2drittelfront800ad5.jpg
Pogea Racing E-Class Wagon with CLS front end. Notice the front indicators taken off a porsche.

Back
Top Bottom