Vinyl Collection Thread... vol. crate diggers welcome

I need to pick up that Only Built for Cuban Linx reissue on purple vinyl. That's a definite collectors piece.

Isn't it funny how he didn't want footage of the front of the store so no one would know his spot?

:lol: I actually completely understand why he didn't want that spot revealed.

Years ago I read about that big digging mission that took place in Brazil (before J-Rocc spoke of it in that vid) and how they did so much damage that the prices shot through the roof.

If this guy were to reveal this place it would be curtains for finding those gems.

Being a record guy I can tell you that when you get to know other diggers (and record store owners) a little bit... they begin to put you on to a lot of ill stuff (spots,records,samples etc),but as far as broadcasting that type of info... that's a no no.

Last edited:
went to a garage sale in santa cruz and found two dope vinyls so i just started collecting, dont have a record player or anything yet but i do hope to buy one once i get my ends up..

i have about 2 crates mostly stuff i use to sample some of them i bought and some i picked out of my homies garage, his dad designed covers for capitol records and was also on the cover of the jackson 5 moving violation as the cop..after he passed away i only got stuff that i was gonna use at that moment but he will be moving soon so i am going to pick it all up, lots of heat lots of promo stuff..the stuff i usually buy are 70's prog rock or read the credits to see how much they use synths 
smokin.gif
. my personal faves are all my tangerine dream,vangelis  kitaro rick wakeman early styx you catch my drift.

this is an interesting video with just blaze tells alot of his sampling and how he paid royalties and helped alot of those older artists out, and also galt macdermot

^:pimp: Great post.

:pimp: Galt MacDermot was ill.

(Not as ill as David Axelrod but still ill)

indeed..axelrod is pretty awesome..

brian bennett is also that dude...solstice is one of the illest pieces of music..that whole voyage album is beautiful too.

i also like the stuff he put out with bruton music, i love library stuff.

i picked up 19 records for under 8 bucks yesterday, some were a quarter each some were 33 cents, alan parsons project, midnight express soundtrack just alot of heat, then i stopped by my buddies and his popped worked designing covers for capitol records back in the day and i was able to pick thru the stuff he left behind, R.I.P, i got 39 records out of that.

Last edited:
Damn, can't believe Fat Beats closed down their shops in NYC & LA...I remember I went to the one in NYC & I was like a kid in a candy store...

Is the quality difference between vinyl & CD really that noticeable?

Honestly, for the casual listener, no. If your someone who loves music, especially someone who listens to a wide range of music, vinyl is the way to go.

It really depends on your gear. If you're just using little computer speakers and a cheap amp the difference isn't that noticeable. But if you put some time and effort into your system vinyl blows away CD. It's not even close.

Download a looseless version of a song that you like, you'll notice the size of the mp3 is much larger and the quality is much better (e.g. you'll notice some instruments in an orchestra that you didn't notice in a regular mp3). Songs on vinyl are completely uncompressed, exactly what was recorded in the studio especially an 180gram pressing.

Back
Top Bottom