Vic Mensa wanted to slap DJ Akademiks

I bet Vic ain't called out lil Reese tho...

Puffing your chest up against somebody who is only narrating what dudes are openly boasting and flooding social media with.... but the actual dudes involved who are not shy to brag about what they are doing.... let's not run up and threaten to slap them tho right

"I know every DJ but this ***** Akademiks"
Repped. Glizzy baby 
pimp.gif

I actually mess w everyday struggle.

Joe Budden da homey and Nadeska is a cutie.

Ak is what I imagine most NTers to be like, not in a bad way, but I swear all y'all new dudes ever talk about is the same 5 rappers lol.

Call cops? They quick to get that metal now.
98% of niggXs hos. 

and its never who has the bigger gun, but rather who can get to one first. 

hypothetically, if i was born in chicago and was friends with Tray and grew up with him, and watched/listened to this video... I'd feel some type of way too. I thought Vic was exaggerating about Akademiks' voice- but the voice Ak uses in this vid actually does piss me off as he's talking about the unfortunate situation.. it almost sounds like he's mocking because it's not his real voice.

i can understand why Vic's mad.

Put yourselves in the situation of if your homie died and someone like Akademiks speaks on your dead homie, or anyone who didn't know your boy and starts speaking on his name
if youre trying to be a rapper youre in the lime light. 

the genera of Chicago music is "drill music"

theyre putting the non-sense on front street for the public to see. 

if its public domain anyone can speak on it... plain and simple.

a reoccurring theme of ak's videos is chi rappers chasing clout

and how stupid that can be and all the problems that follow. 

he breaks down the situation then drops a gem about how it can have been prevented or what you should take away from the incident.

" i can only show you the water i cant make you drink" 

98% of niggXs hos. 

and its never who has the bigger gun, but rather who can get to one first. 

if youre trying to be a rapper youre in the lime light. 

the genera of Chicago music is "drill music"

theyre putting the non-sense on front street for the public to see. 

if its public domain anyone can speak on it... plain and simple.

a reoccurring theme of ak's videos is chi rappers chasing clout

and how stupid that can be and all the problems that follow. 

he breaks down the situation then drops a gem about how it can have been prevented or what you should take away from the incident.

" i can only show you the water i cant make you drink" 
roll.gif

Are you ****** serious? 

You might be the 3rd or 4th person on here to try to spin what he was doing as some sort of "awareness". 

Get the entire **** outta here.

He's a ******* lame that has a fetish for "street" **** just like the majority of his followers. He sure has his right to speak on it...and people have their right to let him how they feel about it too. 

Only checked for Vic on 'Down On My Luck' and his part on Wolves. Other than that, he didn't really have much to offer outside of that. That joint with Kanye 'U mad' was terrible  
laugh.gif

Vic Mensa trash. I see his point of view with this especially if they're his homies but I mean all AK does is speak on the crazy **** Chiraq rappers get into and gives his two cents. Ppl are gonna like it some ppl aren't.

:rofl:

Are you ****** serious? 

You might be the 3rd or 4th person on here to try to spin what he was doing as some sort of "awareness". 

Get the entire **** outta here.

He's a ******* lame that has a fetish for "street" **** just like the majority of his followers. He sure has his right to speak on it...and people have their right to let him how they feel about it too. 

This how you know NT full of the same lames who aint from no streets.
I dont have a problem with squares but they usually are the ones to fetish
violence and street drama that gets people killed.
This internet and social media **** really gives the vultures a good meal I swear people really feel they are experts about environments they know nothing about.

Akademiks is prime example of these lame *** dudes who think they are part of the culture just because they are black and listen to hip hop and wear designer clothing.
That doesnt make you from the streets...if you from a privileged suburban childhhood and your parents worked hard to push you through college its nothing wrong with that just dont fake the funk

Last edited:
all fun and games until someone is murdered for some dumb reason and funeral arrangements are held

Not defending AK. I don't even watch his videos anymore cause I think he's a corn but I can see where vic is coming from but

He didn't make fun of anyone dying. He has nicknames for a lot of guys there but he doesn't diss anyone dead or nothing. Just chiming in with a satire here and there

On top of that, how you gonna be tight at him, when these dudes in the chi make fun of their opps? Especially the dead ones?

Its the culture they have there and dj just made satire videos, but not really making fun of the dead people. If anything vic should be going at the people that diss his dead homies as well as being mad at dj

Last edited:
I bet Vic ain't called out lil Reese tho...

Puffing your chest up against somebody who is only narrating what dudes are openly boasting and flooding social media with.... but the actual dudes involved who are not shy to brag about what they are doing.... let's not run up and threaten to slap them tho right
This is how I feel as well.

Doesn't make you look tough going at Akademiks. He never hurt anybody

Not defending AK. I don't even watch his videos anymore cause I think he's a corn but I can see where vic is coming from but

He didn't make fun of anyone dying. He has nicknames for a lot of guys there but he doesn't diss anyone dead or nothing. Just chiming in with a satire here and there

On top of that, how you gonna be tight at him, when these dudes in the chi make fun of their opps? Especially the dead ones?

Its the culture they have there and dj just made satire videos, but not really making fun of the dead people. If anything vic should be going at the people that diss his dead homies as well as being mad at dj

he only went at akademiks cuz he knows he's not built for it.

tumblr_notqzutBqG1uwvcsto1_1280.jpg

What side of O block is he from....

mans had the fruity hair and everything :lol:

shouldve stayed in his lane instead of trying to be something hes not he couldve prospered like chance

Last edited:
Ak was profiting off of Chicago fxxxery without actually promoting it. I see nothing wrong with it as he was staying in his lane. Vic Mensa should stay in his and drop the facade.
Without actually promoting it? He has a series called the war in chiraq .

People actually defending Akademiks on this?

Wow.
It's NT what you expect lol . Akademiks throw rocks then hide his hand everytime. Which is why he has been *****ed on Everyday Struggle time and time again .

Like charlamagne said he need to just own up to what he says .

Akademiks does not present the socio-political or historical background that makes Chicago such a breeding ground for violence. And when you confront him on this he gets very perplexed and offended. Now he really needs to present the whole dynamic since he is not African-American. He was born in Jamaica and came over with his parents, historically West Indians do have animosity towards AAs. So I wonder how much of his opinion rests upon what he was told about AA when he was growing up in Jamaica. The culture needs to check people who do not present a balanced view of what Hip Hop is and also he never took the opportunity to go in the hood interview all parties involved. I cannot respect someone who does not interview properly but calls themselves a journalist the man is a perpetrator more of an alleged "culture vulture" then anything else.

Back
Top Bottom