Vatican threatened Irish Bishops to not Report Sexual Abuse

You Catholics better stop giving money to your churches.  I went to a church several years back, and they had a sign up telling people to donate so that the church can use the money for its defense.  This %@*+ is just shameful.  Straight up complicit.  Every Catholic that I know completely ignores the crimes of their religion.  Some I know, blame the victims and their lawyers for their "greediness."

goddamn despicable.  
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/19/world/europe/19vatican.html?partner=rss&emc=rss
[color= rgb(51, 51, 51)]
A newly disclosed document reveals that Vatican officials told the bishops of Ireland in 1997 that they had serious reservations about the bishops’ policy of mandatory reporting of priests suspected of child abuse to the police or civil authorities.

http://graphics8.nytimes....borders/doubleRule.gif); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; margin-left: 10px; margin-right: 7px; background-position: 0% 0%; background-repeat: repeat no-repeat; ">[h3]Related[/h3]
The document appears to contradict Vatican claims that church leaders in Rome never sought to control the actions of local bishops in abuse cases, and that the Roman Catholic Church did not impede criminal investigations of child abuse suspects.

Abuse victims in Ireland and the United States quickly proclaimed the document to be a “smoking gun
[/color]

You Catholics better stop giving money to your churches.  I went to a church several years back, and they had a sign up telling people to donate so that the church can use the money for its defense.  This %@*+ is just shameful.  Straight up complicit.  Every Catholic that I know completely ignores the crimes of their religion.  Some I know, blame the victims and their lawyers for their "greediness."

goddamn despicable.  
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/19/world/europe/19vatican.html?partner=rss&emc=rss
[color= rgb(51, 51, 51)]
A newly disclosed document reveals that Vatican officials told the bishops of Ireland in 1997 that they had serious reservations about the bishops’ policy of mandatory reporting of priests suspected of child abuse to the police or civil authorities.

http://graphics8.nytimes....borders/doubleRule.gif); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; margin-left: 10px; margin-right: 7px; background-position: 0% 0%; background-repeat: repeat no-repeat; ">[h3]Related[/h3]
The document appears to contradict Vatican claims that church leaders in Rome never sought to control the actions of local bishops in abuse cases, and that the Roman Catholic Church did not impede criminal investigations of child abuse suspects.

Abuse victims in Ireland and the United States quickly proclaimed the document to be a “smoking gun
[/color]

I went to a church several years back, and they had a sign up telling people to donate so that the church can use the money for its defense

Which one was this?

I've never heard such thing, ever.

I went to a church several years back, and they had a sign up telling people to donate so that the church can use the money for its defense

Which one was this?

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]There isn't a word powerful enough that I can use to describe the Vatican in the manner that I want to. Everyone involved is just a sad excuse for a human life.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]There isn't a word powerful enough that I can use to describe the Vatican in the manner that I want to. Everyone involved is just a sad excuse for a human life.[/color]

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Which one was this?

It was a catholic church down in Orange County, CA.  They had signs posted inside the church.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Which one was this?

It was a catholic church down in Orange County, CA.  They had signs posted inside the church.

this may be a silly question cuz i know this doesn't only happen in the catholic church

but why are there so many pedophiles in such high positions...its like and episode of SVU and you find out about some type of pedo-ring going on

this may be a silly question cuz i know this doesn't only happen in the catholic church

but why are there so many pedophiles in such high positions...its like and episode of SVU and you find out about some type of pedo-ring going on

*sees "Vatican"*
roll.gif

Seriously, the Vatican needed to be investigated like 400 years ago
roll.gif
a little late to even be surprised now.

I don't know how the vatican isn't the richest country in the world. They HAVE to be.

*sees "Vatican"*
roll.gif

Seriously, the Vatican needed to be investigated like 400 years ago
roll.gif
a little late to even be surprised now.

I don't know how the vatican isn't the richest country in the world. They HAVE to be.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Celibacy
The kids are left with Men Of God, therein lies the trust that these little kids show, as do their parents unfortunately.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Celibacy
The kids are left with Men Of God, therein lies the trust that these little kids show, as do their parents unfortunately.

this is supposed to be the best humanity has to offer as far as being held to a higher standard of moral integrity.
ohwell.gif

this is supposed to be the best humanity has to offer as far as being held to a higher standard of moral integrity.
ohwell.gif

Disappointing news to me not because it makes Catholicism look bad but because it gives these priests a bad reputation. I'm not the religious type but I got friends who are brothers working their way into priesthood. Most of them I've known for quite some time.

Back
Top Bottom