UW Students: Check In

I dont go to UW but this girl i know i went with was graduating and it was live. good hot day, bill gates and quincy jones were there.

We still have like 7 weeks of summer vacation left
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

who was at the UW game??? that was the biggest BS call at the end.... Tyrone Willingham's coaching days at the U is looking like it is coming to a close.UW sports has sucked hella ever since i came in 2006. We fell off in basketball and continued our decline in football............Seattle sports (besides thehawks) is so weak now.

Originally Posted by nicholaslongrussell

who was at the UW game??? that was the biggest BS call at the end.... Tyrone Willingham's coaching days at the U is looking like it is coming to a close. UW sports has sucked hella ever since i came in 2006. We fell off in basketball and continued our decline in football............Seattle sports (besides the hawks) is so weak now.
*sigh* it's been hard watching the decline of the football program from the begining (post-2001 Rose Bowl), and while i didn't thinki'd be saying this, i don't think we should fire Ty this year..... (kinda hard to fault the guy when all our skill position playersare frosh) i say he gets us to a bowl game next year (ANY friggin bowl game) or else he's fired.

as for bball, i love brockman as much as the next guy, but we needed to get him some serious help..... pondexter hasn't lived up to the hype thus far, andthe loss of hawes (and martell webster for that matter) hurt us big time.

but whatev..... i love this friggin school..... GO DAWGS.
pimp.gif

I was at the game....
3 rows up on the 35 closest to the water in the student section.
Started tailgating at 9:45
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

That ending was brutal...
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

i scheduled my flight so that i'd be back on the 22nd, so..... i'm guessing we start on the 23rd or 24th? 25th? fk idk either.
laugh.gif

Yo I'm trying to apply to UW pretty soon here and I was wondering what some of your guy's GPA and SAT scores were when you all applied? Also, any extracurricular/community service stuff you guys do? thanks

i think the incoming class had a gpa of 3.75 and an SAT of 1250 for the math and reading since they really don't care too much about the writing

Also, did anybody check out the Upper Playground spot on the Ave yet? i swear that store popped up out of nowhere. Its across the street from Memo's. themanager said it only took them a month to set up everything, the spot actually looks pretty nice and all of their T shirts are only $22, which is prettyreasonable. I guess Esteban Oriel was at the grand opening

Damn, I can't believe this post is over a year old already. It's quite an eye-opener. I feel like I've grown so much...

another year passes and it's become ever apparent that i'm the oldest student walking through upper campus.....

First yr Grad student, I was wondering if anyone could steer me to any good Mexican food spots in the U District or in Seattle. BTW after getting blown outyesterday, I would not be surprised to see Willingham get fired before the season is out. This team might and I stress might win 1 game this season.

^i'm surprised he wasn't fired after losing to Stanford at home..... our one supposed "gimme". i'm seriously fearing the first winlessseason ever.

btw, what grad program are you in? it's nice to know there's another "old" person in here.
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by antoekneeo

First yr Grad student, I was wondering if anyone could steer me to any good Mexican food spots in the U District or in Seattle. BTW after getting blown out yesterday, I would not be surprised to see Willingham get fired before the season is out. This team might and I stress might win 1 game this season.
There are a few good taco trucks around. If you want good happy hour Mexican (and cheap too) go to Peso's on Queen Anne or Matador in Ballardor West Seattle. Chipotle on the Ave is cookie cutter but tasty. There is a spot further down the Ave that is new that I want to try, called Memo's.

Originally Posted by FRANChISe206

another year passes and it's become ever apparent that i'm the oldest student walking through upper campus.....

I feel like that all the time. BTW I see you nike talkers on campus, which makes me feel even older.

Thanks for the suggestions, I have been hearing a lot about Memo's and will check them out. Franchise206 I am in the School Of Social Work MSW Program.

Back
Top Bottom