USC Trojans vs ND Fighting Irish*Charlies Schematic Advantage* Not so fast my friend

they did but jimmy did not get outplayed, that is laughable.

i mean and he was facing the best secondary in the nation right?

salty ND fans
laugh.gif

best secondary thats a crock of !@!$
laugh.gif

maybe one of the best Defensive Lines. and those guys help those back line players look good.

and theres a reason USC went in to soft coverage. cus at 20 - 7 Golden Tate obliterated that secondary real quick. made them coaches think twice about havinthose Corners sit down

raw? he's a damn senior... in your opinion at what point in a college career is a player supposed to develop?

Yo, I swear to god I'd give the SC fans MUCH respect if they just came out and admitted it.

Dude SUCKS son.

End of story.

Darnell Bing > Taylor Mays.

BY A LONG SHOT.

Stop making !+%%$%% excuses for this dude son.

1st, it's "Naw, he plays deep centerfield safety". Then he proceeds to make NO plays in the secondary.

This year, he's supposed to play more of an enforcer role. HE HAD AT LEAST 3 CHANCES TO DISLODGE THE BALL FROM THE RECEIVER AND HE DID NOTHING. 2 resultedin TD's and One for a big 1st down. He had a !+%%$%% KILL shot on Golden Tate and Tate spun and ate that !@*% for breakfast.

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Hell of an athlete though.

Terrible safety.

For every 1 play where he makes a play, there are 3-4 where he allows the opposition to move the ball.

And you can't even play the 'He is not being developed' card.

Look i gave Jimmy his props all afternoon, especially on twitter but Barkley outplayed him. Say what you want about the better supporting cast, but Barkleyworked the pocket better, there was a few times he stood in there and delivered strikes as he was about to be hammered or was hammered. Jimmy's first half,was so so with the exception of that strike to Tate. I give Jimmy a lot of props for not giving up and hanging in there but like i said in my last post i thinkhe got bailed out by some questionable calls that allowed the game to be close in the first place. Everyone knows Jimmy is the real deal, but to try and actlike Barkley wasnt slightly more impressive yesterday, well i just dont even know what to say about that. Jimmy didnt nearly experience the pressure in that4th quarter he had been and with the added time in the pocket it allowed him to hit more receivers that the DB's were playing off, you know kinda likeBarkley hitting "wide open receivers"
tired.gif

As far as Mays, he might not be the best safety in the country, but "sucks", really? Im not to sure about that. His pure athletic talent alone makesit impossible for him to "suck". I've seen him do a lot of bone head #$@* over the past few years but i have also seen him do some amazing #$@*and lights out knock peoples heads off, creating drops that were certain catches, forcing fumbles and just straight pumping fear in wideouts coming across themiddle. He might not ever be Ronnie Lott, but he's gonna make at least some sort of impact in the NFL and thats something that not too many kids get to do.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Yall cant give Jimmy Clausen No credit
laugh.gif

yall think barkley outplayed him? really? get outta here

If you put Jimmy on USC and Barkley on ND what do you think the outcome woulda been? Barkley was makin throws to dudes WIDE OPEN.
Jimmy was putting passes in Spots.

what award will you give Barkley

the "I have a way better supporting cast than Jimmy Clausen" Award
*@#% out of here with this #$@%%*$+,
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Jimmy wasn't doing !%$@ in the first half.

He put the ball in spots, especially that Golden Tate TD pass,
eek.gif
, nodoubt. Jimmy started putting in work when SC went to a soft zone. ND receivers weren't as open as USC receivers, but they had big cushions (
smh.gif
) in thesecond half. SC's D made that Parris kid look like Wes Welker out there. I mean they were hitting the receivers after they caught the ball, hoping for abig hit all the time to jar the ball loose,
smh.gif

Saying Jimmy has not talent around him, c'mon Gunna "You are way better than that, bruh".

Jimmy didn't do anything that said "Heisman worthy". Unless, you take forget about the entire first half, and the last drive.

I will give him the TD pass to Tate. His second TD pass was a simple slant, that was all Tate, nobody covered him, he walked in. It was also a 13 yard drive.

As for Taylor, I kind of agree with dre. Although I don't think he sucks, I'm losing faith that this kid will become a good Safety. He is an athleticfreak, but he isn't fundamentally sound. He could of done more to prevent that long TD pass to Tate.

We now have the best secondary in the nation?
roll.gif
. Did we flashback tolast year,
roll.gif

We have a strong front four, a young lb corp, and
grin.gif
secondary.

wow.

golden and rudolph is all he is working with right now. paris is a player now? kamara? goodman?

one of you sc fols threw that secondary comment out there this year. obviously sarcasm on my part. on bringing up penalties...umm the 2nd one was when it wasthe last drive, so youre telling me that mays hit was the sole reason it got close? sure buddy

jake locker still better than jimmy right? and wana tell me who's more heisman deserving? ingram, ok...and......?

yall wont give the kid credit, there is always, 'but'..

there really hasn't been a player that ive seen this year better than jimmy.

too bad the team's record will prevent him from winning the heisman.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

So if a player is 6'6 250 and run a 4.4 at DE its impossible for a player to suck?

no, i guess not. but you really think Mays sucks? Like really? There are a ton a bum safety's in college football, and like i said TM might not be thebest, but he just plain and simple doesnt "suck".

weather yall see it, or dont want to admit it or whatever TM is an imposing threat back there and i have watched many a receiver at the least, think twiceabout doing something with him back there versus (insert any other "sucky" safety) in CFB.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

wow.

golden and rudolph is all he is working with right now. paris is a player now? kamara? goodman?

one of you sc fols threw that secondary comment out there this year. obviously sarcasm on my part. on bringing up penalties...umm the 2nd one was when it was the last drive, so youre telling me that mays hit was the sole reason it got close? sure buddy

jake locker still better than jimmy right? and wana tell me who's more heisman deserving? ingram, ok...and......?

yall wont give the kid credit, there is always, 'but'..

Paris a player? Nah, never heard of the kid before yesterday to be honest with you...hence the "Wes Welker" comment.

Jimmy did a great job picking apart that soft zone,
smh.gif
. It was a shootout anyway, why go soft and stop blitzing. Jimmy was getting nothing in the firsthalf, his OLine was buns, garbage. Golden Tate though,
smokin.gif
, veryimpressive performance...."them" hands
eek.gif

The whole Jake Locker argument,
laugh.gif
. It go misconstrued, I was justtrying to say that I could see why people at that point in the season would rate Locker that high and somehow I turned out to be a Locker fan boy,
laugh.gif

Locker against SC 21-35 237 yds, 0 TD's

Jimmy against SC 24-43 260 yds, 2 TD's

I give him credit, hey that bomb was
eek.gif
. I think I've said it twicealready.

Ya'll still calling him the best QB in college football and deserving of a Heisman, that @!%@ is laughable.

Best secondary comment, go find it, I'm sure no one tossed that one out, certainly not me. Fact is, most SC fans on this board have been saying thatour defense is young and will be prone to mistakes throughout the year.

I want to know what makes Jimmy Clausen a Heisman winner? Please, spell it out for me?

You don't win a Heisman by coming up short in key games (Michigan, USC).

You don't win a Heisman when your best game has been against Nevada.

You don't win a Heisman for "heroically" bringing your team back against Purdue.

You don't win a Heisman by leading your team to victory in overtime against Washington....at home.

You definitely don't win a Heisman by finishing the season against.....wait for it.....wait for it.....Boston College, Washington State, Navy,@Pittsburgh, UConn, @Stanford.

I don't have anything against Clausen and I think he is a very talented player, but like dre with Taylor Mays, this whole "Clausen is the best QBin college football and is a Heisman shoe in" talk needs to cease and desist. It's Notre Dame hype, can't believe Gunna bought into it *shrugs*(You're still my boy Gunna
tongue.gif
)

all im asking is.

who's a better qb right now?

who are more legit contenders for the heisman ? it may be by default he's there, but how is he not?

people keep shootin those things down but im not seein any names.

I will start off by saying that I wanted Aaron Corp to start.

Now that I have seen the kid play, I am a believer.

If that is your criteria for handing out the Heisman....by "default"

Then Matt Barkley has a better case....no fanboy.

Barkley: 150 Rating, 1338 Yards, 5 Touchdowns, 5-0 as a starter with wins on the road against Ohio State, Cal and Notre Dame.

Clausen: 166 Rating, 1804 Yards, 14 Touchdowns, 4-2 as a starter with a magical road win at Purdue.

The bottom line is there are no worthy Heisman candidates at the moment, so why are ya'll insisting on handing one out in October by"default"....
laugh.gif

Winning the Heisman is more than just stats, it always has been.

There is always that one game on a Heisman winners resume, where people look and say "that's the game that won so and so the Heisman". Jimmydoesn't have that game, unless you count the Purdue game. The rest of the ND schedule will not help his 'cause.

If it was about putting up numbers, then Texas Tech QB's would've of won the Heisman every year. Timmy Chang would've had three on his mantleat home.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

you cant answer me who's a better qb..can you?

well yesterday Barkley was. Does that mean i think Barkley should be in the Heisman talk? No, of course not, he'll get his shot tho
pimp.gif

I tend to agree that really NOBODY is clearly deserving of the Heisman yet, if Jimmy has a montser 2nd half, and ND doesnt lose another game then maybe he willdeserve it then, but its very true he doesnt even have a marquis win yet, and thats something Heisman winners usually have a couple of.

There isn't a better QB in the country right now that Jimmy and I hate Notre Dame...Tebow and McCoy haven't been that good this year and Barkley ismore of a caretaker of the offense than a playmaker. Now Notre Dame does suck, but Jimmy is the goods.

I just did.

Is there a best QB?

No I can't answer that.

I will say it isn't Jimmy.

There are other QB's that have been equally impressive. I just don't understand what makes Jimmy so good in some people's eyes. I know you gotthe Irish blinders, so you get a pass.

Is he accurate, yes he is, is he polished, yes he is.

Who has he played? He didn't look great against us, he looked average. One solid throw/bomb does not make a great QB, certainly not label him the bestQB in the nation.

There are a handful. If you are talking tools, you still have to take Colt McCoy into account even though he is struggling. Ryan Mallet has looked good aswell (mediocre against 'Bama aside). I will say it again, Jake Locker has looked good as well. Tony Pike, Todd "the ******" Reesing. CaseKeenum (yeah yeah, system
laugh.gif
).

Young Matt Barkley
smokin.gif

Ya'll get it twisted like I'm calling Clausen a bum,
laugh.gif
. Hehasn't done anything to put himself above the comp. No convincing victories against big opponents, not only this year, but in his whole damn career.

Back
Top Bottom