*USA Basketball* WOMEN EARN GOLD v. ESP (101-72)! MEN EARN GOLD v. SRB (96-66)!

I don't get how Argentina just hasn't produced any good young players over basically the last 10 years. They had a nice little run of good players come out when Ginobli and Scola were in their primes and they just haven't had anybody worth a damn since.

Also...Barnes was the only player that didn't play a single second that whole half :lol: Coach K probably still holds a grudge for him picking UNC over Duke

Last edited:
just realized that arg unis arent even their national colors

Saw on Twitter they're wearing these gold unis in some exhibitions in honor of the Golden Generation. It's not what they'll be wearing in the Olympics, I don't think. FIBA has strict uniform rules.

The passing between Sergio-Manu-Simmons-Saric-Embiid would have been amazing....wish the Spurs would have let him go.

Amatuer hour on the scoreboard here lol. Score has been the same since four baskets ago lol

I don't get how Argentina just hasn't produced any good young players over basically the last 10 years. They had a nice little run of good players come out when Ginobli and Scola were in their primes and they just haven't had anybody worth a damn since.

Said this myself before. Its weird, right? You would think this older group of players would have inspired younger Aregentians athletes to hoop. Like, once Lithuania broke through in the late 80s/90s with some NBA players, they kept producing. Doesn't seem that will be the case with Argentina though. Guess the call of soccer is still too strong there.

Saw on Twitter they're wearing these gold unis in some exhibitions in honor of the Golden Generation. It's not what they'll be wearing in the Olympics, I don't think. FIBA has strict uniform rules.

Marc Stein Retweeted
Jane Ann Craig ‏@janieannie · 59m59 minutes ago

@ESPNSteinLine Only wearing them in pre-Olympics to honor The Golden Generation. Here are the other unis:

Don't think Argentina can even beat Australia. As mentioned above it's a wonder how no great young Argentina players have come up in the past few years

how many times do teams actually use more than 14 seconds on off boards? :lol:

9/10 they go back up with it or kick it out for an open three

Did you watch the playoffs?

I seen the Raptors/Thunder waste so many offensive rebound possessions with terrible offense that I wanted to gouge my eyes.

Even if that was the case, it wouldn't hurt it would only help.

The game can still be improved.

Back
Top Bottom