*USA Basketball* WOMEN EARN GOLD v. ESP (101-72)! MEN EARN GOLD v. SRB (96-66)!

I still remember Thomas Robinson's first Summer League til this day...and til this day I use his grabbing the rebound and going coast to coast thinking he's LeBron turning the ball over every time as a measuring stick to tell what guys are going to have problems in the league :lol:

Yup.

Sounds like a certain laker power forward I know....hmmmm

You must have not clicked on the video. It's from like THIS YEAR. It says 2015-2016

Hell, he had on a NETS jersey in the thumbnail.

Guess you missed that part :lol:

The first one you posted was a from DX, which is the one I was addressing, relax g.

Outside of being short armed power forwards that struggle to finish against length, how? Randle's offensive game is much different than Robinson's:
How is Randle's game "that much different". Let's look at the offensive similarities.

-Both have trouble finishing over length
-Both are excellent rebounders
-Both are turnover prone
-Both score off of 2nd chance pts
-Both can't shoot outside the paint
-Both can grab the board and run
-Both don't have post games...and rely on brute strength to finish inside

Now tell me how their offensive games are "different"
laugh.gif
Randle relies on strength, but he is more of a face up guy. Robinson is purely an energy and rebounding guy at this point. He will rarely have the ball in his hands on the break. 

The first one you posted was a from DX, which is the one I was addressing, relax g.

You then told me to provide you one where he was playing in the NBA. Which I did in the response. You relax :lol:

Randle relies on strength, but he is more of a face up guy. Robinson is purely an energy and rebounding guy at this point. He will rarely have the ball in his hands on the break. 

But Randle isn't effective with the ball in his hands running the break. More than not...he's looking off Dlo..and driving the ball wildly into the lane. Ask any sane Laker fan...they'll tell you they want Randle to lead the break less. T Rob is face up too. Off the dribble and energy.

Randle's face up game isn't good. Right now, his game is only rebounding, strength and hustle.

Last edited:
You then told me to provide you one where he was playing in the NBA. Which I did in the response. You relax :lol:
But Randle isn't effective with the ball in his hands running the break. More than not...he's looking off Dlo..and driving the ball wildly into the lane. Ask any sane Laker fan...they'll tell you they want Randle to lead the break less. T Rob is face up too. Off the dribble and energy.

Randle's face up game isn't good. Right now, his game is only rebounding, strength and hustle.

Either way, you take their age 21 rookie seasons and you see that Randle had a 4 point higher PER, higher WS per 48 (Robinson was negative), higher TS %, higher rebound %, DOUBLE the assist % and was a whole point better in BPM.

Randle is still a better prospect.

You can think what you want but you comparing a 25 year old guy in his going into his fifth year with a 21 year old going into his second.

You compare them at the same age and the proof is in the pudding.

Last edited:
Either way, you take their age 21 rookie seasons and you see that Randle had a 4 point higher PER, higher WS per 48 (Robinson was negative), higher TS %, higher rebound %, DOUBLE the assist % and was a whole point better in BPM.

Randle is still a better prospect.

You can think what you want but you comparing a 25 year old guy in his going into his fifth year with a 21 year old going into his second.

You compare them at the same age and the proof is in the pudding.

Here is the thing. I'm not comparing them at the same age. I'm comparing them as players. You're in the draft thread. You follow the process. You know how comparisons work.

They have very similar measurements, skill-sets, weaknesses, athleticism and play style. Of course Randle can improve..... Hence why I called him a slightly better version of Thomas Robinson.

He's 21 and productive. But you'll be lying if you said those comparisons are far off base. They are similar players.

Not PROSPECTS

Here is the thing. I'm not comparing them at the same age. I'm comparing them as players. You're in the draft thread. You follow the process. You know how comparisons work.

They have very similar measurements, skill-sets, weaknesses, athleticism and play style. Of course Randle can improve..... Hence why I called him a slightly better version of Thomas Robinson.

He's 21 and productive. But you'll be lying if you said those comparisons are far off base. They are similar players.

Not PROSPECTS

I see what you're tryna say, they have similar measurements and athletic profiles but Randle is obviously the better player even if he improves at the average rate.

He's already just as good as 25 year old 4 year pro Robinson and was far more skilled at the same age even though Robinson was in school for 3 years.

Already a better passer/ballhandler and projects to be a better rebounder, I don't see the point in comparing them.

Robinson is only ever going to be an energy big off the bench who's an elite rebounder.

Randle projects as a secondary ballhandler at the 4 and an elite passer/rebounder for his position.

We had this same conversation when you compared Ben Simmmons to Blake.

Last edited:
What in the hell? Is this not the USA basketball thread? Why in the blue hell is that bum Shannon brown being talked about in here? :x

I still believe in Thomas Robinson.

Can we talk about Chase Budinger?

Budinger was on his way to being a + player on offense but peaked at in Houston as a 23 year old.

Never became an elite shooter, couldn't draw fouls and wasn't a playmaker.

Even though he was an elite athlete, he had alligator arms with a 8'5 standing reach, one inch longer than Kris Dunn. :x :lol:

Sad it didn't work out, I love white dudes who can jump out the gym, Chase had the surfer/volleyball hops.

Bet he could windmill in bootcut jeans and Jesus sandles with no socks.

Last edited:
Myles Turner and Stanley Johnson still looking like two of the only guys that don't look like they're gonna piss their pants being on the same court as their idols. Russell hasn't looked good at all. Ingram looks scared to even try anything and gets scored on every time the guy he's guarding wants to score.

Will France finally put together a run
They certainly have some pieces for this run. As a Hornets fan, I can tell you that Batum is playing some of the best all-around basketball of his life right now. With Marc being out for Spain, I think France is going to turn some heads.

Got confused for a second and thought I was in the Lakers thread....

They certainly have some pieces for this run. As a Hornets fan, I can tell you that Batum is playing some of the best all-around basketball of his life right now. With Marc being out for Spain, I think France is going to turn some heads.

Got confused for a second and thought I was in the Lakers thread....

If Gobert is playing, they have a shot to make noise.

Sounds like Gobert is playing. For some reason France decided to leave off Evan Fournier because they wanted "continuity" with their roster. Maybe some of the guys don't like him? Nando De Colo will start in that spot. He's been killing over in Europe.....was 2016 Euroleague MVP.

I thought Fournier was maybe sitting out because it was his Free Agency this summer.

Seems weird to me, he would be the 3rd best player on the team behind Batum/Rudy.

Nando is the truth though, he been putting in work out here.

Fournier is out of this squad for various reasons. 1st of all when it comes to guards in France, we re stacked. Tony Parker is untouchable in this team, De Colo is arguably the best player in Europe right now its just a joy to watch him play. Thomas Heurtel is the best passer of this team and not a bad shooter and finally Diot is a decent shooter but also played for 2 years under  Vincent Collet (France coach) in Strasbourg. On top of that Fournier has had pretty underwhelming performances with the french team...other than that players such as edwin jackson and rodrigues beaubois have also been left out of this team. The real concern is the big men, we re lacking a guy like Noah, Seraphin or Mahinmi...Anyway none of the teams will be full strength regardless.

Best teams in my opinion

1)USA

2) Serbia

3)Spain

4) France

Croatia, Australia, Brazil and Lithuania are not to be forgotten either

^

You act like Fournier can't play the 3. I don't care about his previous performances, dude took a massive step forward with his game last year, he's not the same player.

Parker
Nando
Fournier
Batum
Gobert

That's the best possible lineup they would've been able to roll out, they could compete with anybody sans USA.

Mahinmi woulda been big too.

Last edited:
Fournier is out of this squad for various reasons. 1st of all when it comes to guards in France, we re stacked. Tony Parker is untouchable in this team, De Colo is arguably the best player in Europe right now its just a joy to watch him play. Thomas Heurtel is the best passer of this team and not a bad shooter and finally Diot is a decent shooter but also played for 2 years under  Vincent Collet (France coach) in Strasbourg. On top of that Fournier has had pretty underwhelming performances with the french team...other than that players such as edwin jackson and rodrigues beaubois have also been left out of this team. The real concern is the big men, we re lacking a guy like Noah, Seraphin or Mahinmi...Anyway none of the teams will be full strength regardless.
Best teams in my opinion
1)USA
2) Serbia
3)Spain
4) France
Croatia, Australia, Brazil and Lithuania are not to be forgotten either

Who's on Serbia's team? And why aren't Mahinmi, Noah or Seraphin playing?

Who's on Serbia's team? And why aren't Mahinmi, Noah or Seraphin playing?

Serbia has the second best rookie big man in the league, the man who will be king, Nikola Jokic. :pimp:

Plus Bogdan (the one who hasn't come over yet).

They got a nice squad, country produces some real talent across the athletic spectrum.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom