UPS Package Handler?

Sorry for the late update but i did dress for the interview just shirt pants no tie others were in street clothes lol. my ups is located in a urban area so yea...i guess dressing worked cuz i recieved a phone call earlier i just completed some forums online so im basically in...it is indeed slave labor but im fine wit it.

interview isnt 4 hours the tour was like an hour and there was only one interviewer but it was like 6 of us. that took like 30 mins

Lol. Welcome to UPS..there will be times you hate it..But I've beent there without another job before and there's NO feeling worse than that. Just keep that in mind.. That, and no matter what, if they start you in the load or unload, GET OUT OF THE TRUCKS. Pass the certification to become a pick-off or a sorter ASAP, you get an extra dollar raise, and you usually get more freedom to chat with more folks while working if you are sociable lol..

Lol. Welcome to UPS..there will be times you hate it..But I've beent there without another job before and there's NO feeling worse than that. Just keep that in mind.. That, and no matter what, if they start you in the load or unload, GET OUT OF THE TRUCKS. Pass the certification to become a pick-off or a sorter ASAP, you get an extra dollar raise, and you usually get more freedom to chat with more folks while working if you are sociable lol..

i had an interview yesterday..

do they hire on the spot or do they really call people back?

driver helper position by the way..

Also turned this job down in MA when I learned the expectations day in and day out. Unless you're DESPERATE for cash don't do it. I've had similar jobs. Bad pay and extremely tiring.

Also turned this job down in MA when I learned the expectations day in and day out. Unless you're DESPERATE for cash don't do it. I've had similar jobs. Bad pay and extremely tiring.

Originally Posted by DaveDollars

Driver helper is much better. Basically rolling around in the truck with another dude. Unloading packages at their destinations, having customers sign if required, etc.

Originally Posted by DaveDollars

Driver helper is much better. Basically rolling around in the truck with another dude. Unloading packages at their destinations, having customers sign if required, etc.

Anybody who says this is slave labor is lazy and probably never lifted a day in their life....I been working their for 3yrs fresh outta highschool. I'm frail as a stick and I work this job EASILY...Its not as hard as people say it is.If they ask you how long you plan on working just tell em u can guarantee them a year...The benefits are
pimp.gif
...Free health insurance,dental insurance,discounts...man u cant beat that.

Anybody who says this is slave labor is lazy and probably never lifted a day in their life....I been working their for 3yrs fresh outta highschool. I'm frail as a stick and I work this job EASILY...Its not as hard as people say it is.If they ask you how long you plan on working just tell em u can guarantee them a year...The benefits are
pimp.gif
...Free health insurance,dental insurance,discounts...man u cant beat that.

Back
Top Bottom