UPDATE: Car Towed-- $500 dollars?!?

Sucks man, better hope they don't mess up your car, they are known for doing that.

That's never happened to me before but I tried to put myself in your situation... theres really no way around it other than asking someone to borrow themoney.

That whole cash only thing sounds shady as hell...

Originally Posted by fivefivenine

Find someone to cough up the cash and pay them off?
or set up a payment plan if possible with whoever towed/has ur car

i just got towed recently so i feel ur pain. and im in the same boat as you. college kid, no money... but if u hav a credit card most credit cards will giveyou like a cash advance kinda thing... interest is gna b a bit high but i guess its better than having to pay a small loans company back right away!

Originally Posted by Fireblaze44

...you can't set up a payment plan?

in NYC...it's about $300 when you get your car towed.

$150 for getting towed.
$150 for the ticket
Just called the towing company...

Here is the breakdown:

Towing: $240.00
Sheriff's Fee: $130
Storage: $65.00

PLUS: $65/ Day storage.

Called the owner, and he said that it's still the same amount, cash only. No payment plan. He says Cali recently cut funding for his business, which forced him to raise prices.

Does the Nordstrom returning thing really work?? I don't want to be stuck with $500 of purchases lol.

Yes it does, I use to work to Nordstrom and I know all their ins and outs.

In some states that is now a state law.. if you get pulled over with no license or proof ofinsurance, the police can impound you and its an automatic $500 to get it out.. Reeee tarded if you ask me but I dont know how you can lower that cost, youmight want to talk to them and see if you can work out a payment plan with them or give them collateral for starters.. Good luck bro

Originally Posted by kicksgetmehigh

That's never happened to me before but I tried to put myself in your situation... theres really no way around it other than asking someone to borrow the money.

That whole cash only thing sounds shady as hell...
Not really. I see where they comin from with the cash only thing. All they got on you is your car on their lot, locked behind a fence. If youwere to roll up, run the CC, drive off and immediately call your CC disputing the charge (make something up) the impound lot could be out that dough. Doesntmatter if they try to send your %%% to collections or anything, if you got your car out its not like youre gonna come through with that money later right?

That being said Tow Truck Companies are in fact the shadiest crooks out there. I used to finance tow trucks and 99.999% of these dudes would somehow try toscrew me over. It got so bad we had to stop financing any towing related customer at all.

Back
Top Bottom