Unthinkable the movie

Anyone else see this?

I am amazed that given the cast list this most likely will not ever get a major US release date.

Samuel L. Jackson, Michael Sheen and Carrie-Ann Moss are the main stars of the film which did have a significant budget yet instead of coming to a theatre near you it got a UK only dvd release. It seems the storyline was to controversial for major market. A friend of mine gave me the dvd and since i knew nothing about it i hit imdb.com and reading some threads there about the film really confused me. It was loved by some and totally hated by others. Not because of the acting but the plot itself angered people more then any other movie i can think of.

So i just finished watching it and wow.

The basic plot is a psychological thriller centered around a black-ops interrogator and an FBI agent who press a suspect terrorist into divulging the location of three nuclear weapons sets to detonate in the U.S.

I don't wanna give anything else away but if i would like to here other peoples thoughts on this with spoiler tags.

watched it w/ my girl, thought it enjoyable. only gripe is how hollywood typically portrays high ranking military officers as simpletons

Just finished watching it. The movie had a few shocking scenes. The whole movie was intense and Samuel L. Jackson killed it like always. Unthinkable is worth checking out.

I 'acquired' this thinkin SamL made an Unbreakable spoof.
laugh.gif
I guess I'll still check it out.

Just watched it. Am i the only one that shared the same feelings as Sam L's character and thought Agent Helen was being an oblivious dumb $#%@! the whole time?
laugh.gif

Ohh thank goodness, for some reason I thought they were making a movie based on the youtube videos titled "unforgivable" then i realized it was Unthinkable

Originally Posted by 17708

Just watched it. Am i the only one that shared the same feelings as Sam L's character and thought Agent Helen was being an oblivious dumb $#%@! the whole time?
laugh.gif

Man i don't know.

I'll admit i was going back and forth between the two opinions during a lot of the film.

I liked that it asked so many questions about good and evil and right or wrong. The grey area in this movie is just tough and as always Samuel L. Jackson does an incredible job with his character.

I am still a bit stunned that it won't get released and how it's viewed as an "evil" movie but not only many outspoken liberals but several mainstream muslim groups as well.

ok i watched it last night. it won't do well because there are no car chases or women kissing. 
overall, i thought it was ok. carrie anne moss' acting wasn't very good - the flip flopping of her character just wasn't that believeable. sam jackson was yelling as usual. the terrorist was a good actor. the ending was pretty good. imma pass this movie onto a few friends who i know will enjoy this. 

About to watch it..

Movie turned out better than I expected... The ending coulda been better tho

so i just watched this movie, this thread made me go download it.

I loved it, I thought it was a great movie, it was thought provoking and just well done.

The message boards on IMDB are flooded with people who hated this movie but w/e

I thought it was great, controversial but awesome. I understand why it went straight to DVD

The fact this won't get an actual release is just wrong.

So what if it angers people and forces them to think openly about morales versus the safety of civilians. So what if it paints a picture YOU personally don't agree with about our government and/or a muslim extremist. Since when is being forced to THINK a bad thing? Hell since when is being upset during a movie a bad thing? Wouldn't you rather be pushed by a movie then put to sleep?

Damn this movie was good, everyone should go and rent it. I love this type of movies.

It really puts you in a decision to save one or to save millions of other people, it's like a choice you got to make.

I watched it a couple weeks ago when it was brought up in another post about torturing suspected terrorists. Good movie. Surprised by the lack of exposure/promotion considering the cast.

Back
Top Bottom