Unpopular Opinion(s) Thread

There are a lot of options until you get to full size suv.
Don't think a full size SUV/truck is necessary for the soccer moms or DIY crowd.
I'm on my 3rd big boy SUV and don't think I'll ever go without one. I commute by bike so the gas issues don't effect me as bad, but the space is both necessary for me at least, comfortable and useful. Only thing is everybody thinks you're a moving company 😂 Women drive tractor trailers and buses I think they'll be ok driving an SUV.

- Pickup trucks and Full-size SUVs should not be offered for general public use.
- For NYC, Peter Lugers is the most over hyped/disappointing steak house in the city.
- Music from 00-10 was the worst decade of music in the last 5 decades.
Can I keep my Tacoma g?

I'm on my 3rd big boy SUV and don't think I'll ever go without one. I commute by bike so the gas issues don't effect me as bad, but the space is both necessary for me at least, comfortable and useful. Only thing is everybody thinks you're a moving company 😂 Women drive tractor trailers and buses I think they'll be ok driving an SUV.

Not sure why you pulled out women as if that was the crux of the argument. Has nothing to do with gender or ability to operate, it takes up unnecessary space and environmental not a great choice. It has utility, just not for transporting children or two pieces of lumber once every 6 months. You've stated you don't even use it as a daily commuter so no need to have that size for the "comfort", IMO of course.

Not sure why you pulled out women as if that was the crux of the argument. Has nothing to do with gender or ability to operate, it takes up unnecessary space and environmental not a great choice. It has utility, just not for transporting children or two pieces of lumber once every 6 months. You've stated you don't even use it as a daily commuter so no need to have that size for the "comfort", IMO of course.
Scary sight is seeing a little 5'1 woman driving a big SUV and can barely see. Cant control that big vehicle. Dangerous.
I need the size and comfort anytime I drive. Most cars are designed for smaller than me people and aren't comfortable. If the environment is your argument perhaps ALL gas powered vehicles should be banned not just the ones that don't meet your needs.

I need the size and comfort anytime I drive. Most cars are designed for smaller than me people and aren't comfortable. If the environment is your argument perhaps ALL gas powered vehicles should be banned not just the ones that don't meet your needs.

So the few times you drive require a vehicle of extensive size? So is drive a car uncomfortable for you or you just prefer the comfort of the SUV?So the argument you have for an SUV/truck for personal use if comfort? Not utility, just you the need the size for some reason and comfort.

And that makes sense, ban all cars because SUV are some of the worst offends to the environment and if I can't use SUVs/treasure for pleasure than you shouldn't use cars in general. Seems like the SUV/trucks don't meet your needs either if you use a bike as a main commuter, seems they meed your wants more than anything.

You comparing someone thats gone through training to drive those machines/vehicles to the stay at home mom who can barely see over the hood of her SUV on the way to target? Come on

So the few times you drive require a vehicle of extensive size? So is drive a car uncomfortable for you or you just prefer the comfort of the SUV?So the argument you have for an SUV/truck for personal use if comfort? Not utility, just you the need the size for some reason and comfort.

And that makes sense, ban all cars because SUV are some of the worst offends to the environment and if I can't use SUVs/treasure for pleasure than you shouldn't use cars in general. Seems like the SUV/trucks don't meet your needs either if you use a bike as a main commuter, seems they meed your wants more than anything.
Headroom and legroom is needed that I haven't found a car to provide it. Commuting by bike is a health choice that has environmental benefits that are unintended, in terms of why I ride the bike. Truth is I probably don't need a car at all SUV or compact but when I have the need for one I'm going to be as comfortable and useful as possible.

You comparing someone thats gone through training to drive those machines/vehicles to the stay at home mom who can barely see over the hood of her SUV on the way to target? Come on
You didn't mention short men driving SUVs so I thought it was about the gender and not the training.

Even though I have a truck, I kinda feel where he’s coming from. Riding around in a big *** truck just to do it is some LDE type stuff, but damn. I can’t save money on TV and furniture deliveries?

Even though I have a truck, I kinda feel where he’s coming from. Riding around in a big *** truck just to do it is some LDE type stuff, but damn. I can’t save money on TV and furniture deliveries?
He’s gonna argue that you don’t do TV and furniture deliveries enough to justify the issues that trucks bring with them.

I can’t help but feel as though your argument would be better armed at all the older vehicles on the road. Collectors vehicles and old trucks that just serve nostalgia purposes. The amount of times I’ve literally smelled one of those cars before I’ve seen them is too many to count.

Vehicles from before SMOG requirements / inspections became what it is now.. or hell we could work on making all of those universal. Even here in CA, one county is super strict and the other doesn’t give a damn. Surely that would be a better way to combat the impact on the enviro? Or are we just after the truck drivers?

The fact of the matter is, vehicle style is a choice, and one that people obviously love to have with the high success of the F150.

I can’t help but feel as though your argument would be better armed at all the older vehicles on the road. Collectors vehicles and old trucks that just serve nostalgia purposes. The amount of times I’ve literally smelled one of those cars before I’ve seen them is too many to count.

Vehicles from before SMOG requirements / inspections became what it is now.. or hell we could work on making all of those universal. Even here in CA, one county is super strict and the other doesn’t give a damn. Surely that would be a better way to combat the impact on the enviro? Or are we just after the truck drivers?

The fact of the matter is, vehicle style is a choice, and one that people obviously love to have with the high success of the F150.

Are we saying collector vehicles and old trucks far out number SUV/pickups on the road currently? I would be willing to wager the ratio of SUV/Pickup to collector/old vehicle is x>10:1 in most cities (Probably not Havana). Even if that doesn't hold true, emission laws passed in the 70's so what generation of car production are we discussing?

This argument balls down to "yeah that's bad but what about those guys over there". I don't think that's a good argument.

Better stop before Anton gets you.

Are we saying collector vehicles and old trucks far out number SUV/pickups on the road currently? I would be willing to wager the ratio of SUV/Pickup to collector/old vehicle is x>10:1 in most cities (Probably not Havana). Even if that doesn't hold true, emission laws passed in the 70's so what generation of car production are we discussing?

This argument balls down to "yeah that's bad but what about those guys over there". I don't think that's a good argument.
Do we know for a fact that the vehicles you’re speaking of are as efficient? Maybe the vehicles of today or the last 10 years are 10x more efficient of the ones back when emissions first became a thing. Or do you think emissions hasn’t improved since it’s original requirements / creation?

Also, can you discuss the idea I brought up of standardizing SMOG requirements at a national level? Lots of modern vehicles break their emissions and people don’t fix it if they can still register.

I don’t think this is pointing a finger elsewhere, in simply asking if you’ve considered these ideas as an alternative to removing what you see to be the biggest issue, a specific group of vehicle owners in the country, and a large portion at that.

Your argument is “you don’t need the bed on your truck”?

If that’s the case I think mine is a bit stronger.

Back
Top Bottom