University of Syracuse alumni please help! possible future student.

So I'm a high school senior, just about finishing up my applications. Syracuse is pretty high up on my list, but I have some questions. I want a schoolthat is both academically and socially sound.

A) Aside from the weather (btw I love snow), how is the city of 'Cuse as a whole? A lot to do? how about at SU in particular?

B) How's the social scene? Parties? Much to do? I',m guessing the basketball games are a blast, right?

C) How are the women? I feel like since it is in the snow belt, not too many hot girls attend there. I know, that is an incredibly stupid assumption. Pleasetell me I'm wrong.

D) Academics? Well-rounded school? (math major btw).

E) Any other additional info.

thanks for the help. !

A)City of Syracuse as a whole isn't that bad. People from outside the area make it sound like its a depression ridden city. Armory Square is fairly niceand Carousel Mall is about 5-10 minutes from campus.

B)Social scene has been declining as of late due to the bar raids on Marshall Street. Bars only consist of Harry's, Chuck's, Faegan's andMaggies... I'm pretty sure that Lucy's is just about done. Shouldn't have a hard time finding a house party or fraternity party on the weekend.

C)Girls are pretty good looking at SU, your assumption couldn't be any more wrong.

D)Wasn't a math major so i can't comment on how strong the department is. Seems to be thought that every department is fairly strong.

A) I'm from LA, so for me the city seems quite small. However there is a decently sized mall with downtown, if you have the means to get there, having someplaces to hang out; in particular Armory Square as mentioned above.

B) There are parties.

Academics wise, the school is more known for Whitman (business school) and definitely Newhouse (communications). Oh, and I forgot about architecture and VPA.The math building Carnegie is pretty run down but I don't think it's the worst. I would say if your major is one of the highlighted ones then youshould definitely keep SU as your top choice. However why not give it a visit later and see if you like it. Some people love it and some people just don'tlike it.

im not from syracuse but that drive from nj is hell...my friend goes there....theres alot of jews there.....the cops are strict bc they kicked my friend outand now he goes to montlcair but he was messed up anyway....i would go somewhere more lively personally like gwu...i mean if u can get into syracuse you canget in alot of places

What does a large jewish population on campus along with the Syracuse Police have to do with attending S.U. ?

Back
Top Bottom