Universal Music Group Goes to War with popular Music Sites & Blogs

Beginning of the end.

They just bit off more than they can chew.

Pitchfork/Blogs/Complex/tumblr and Cannon 7 d's run hip hop.

everyone born in 1993+ dgaf about def jams history. nor inter scope's or jive's

they dont care 50 destroyed jarules career or nas vs jay , they dont care about anything pre tumblr.

and what they do like from the 90's (wutang, tribe etc) they like to be different or cause its "hip"

Beginning of the end.

They just bit off more than they can chew.

Pitchfork/Blogs/Complex/tumblr and Cannon 7 d's run hip hop.

everyone born in 1993+ dgaf about def jams history. nor inter scope's or jive's

they dont care 50 destroyed jarules career or nas vs jay , they dont care about anything pre tumblr.

and what they do like from the 90's (wutang, tribe etc) they like to be different or cause its "hip"

Originally Posted by franchise3

...by buying their music

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Good one

i never understood pulling videos ... they've always been free, so to pull a video off youtube or vimeo is pointless when its free anyways

I can see why you pull music, but why videos?

and also pulling major music is just what unsigned hype artist need to help even the playing field as blogs will need content and have to find the "next up" artist

i never understood pulling videos ... they've always been free, so to pull a video off youtube or vimeo is pointless when its free anyways

I can see why you pull music, but why videos?

and also pulling major music is just what unsigned hype artist need to help even the playing field as blogs will need content and have to find the "next up" artist

this is gonna bite them in da #+*...cuz instead of covering universal music stars bloggers will REALLY cover who they wanna cover thats independent and underground

and will slowly but surely weed out all those labels completely.

this is gonna bite them in da #+*...cuz instead of covering universal music stars bloggers will REALLY cover who they wanna cover thats independent and underground

Originally Posted by ninjahood

eek.gif

i just agreed with ninjahood.

eek.gif

Saw this coming. Wish I could go into full detail but this is a public forum with the emphasis being on the public part.

Universal is protecting their interests. Research and sales show that people who visit those sites will not buy the digital/physical CD but will pirate it instead. Why allow the music you paid for be streamed across the Internet for free? Its not like websites do one or two songs. In most cases these blogs are putting up most of the album.

Saw this coming. Wish I could go into full detail but this is a public forum with the emphasis being on the public part.

Universal is protecting their interests. Research and sales show that people who visit those sites will not buy the digital/physical CD but will pirate it instead. Why allow the music you paid for be streamed across the Internet for free? Its not like websites do one or two songs. In most cases these blogs are putting up most of the album.

Y'all dudes steal so much music you forgot how to get it legally.
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

You got $500 for some South Beach LeBron's but can't even support artist y'all like.

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Maybe all these blogs will start posting stuff from unsigned talented artists.

Then again, labels do pay blogs for promo so i guess when the online marketing budgets dried up, the labels was like like forget it, dont post our stuff.

this.

finally.

Originally Posted by mjhead23

So what about free music that their artists put out?

There's no label involved in that music. Uni only cares about the music they release.

Surprised this came from them. I could see Lyor at WEA on this.

What Furrell said is dead on. But being real, they can't stop it. They're just trying to discourage it.

People just gotta stop stealing so much.

If you really like an album you should buy it, I seen people with nothing but downloaded music and no cd or itunes purchase in years
eek.gif

Originally Posted by 2o6

eek.gif

Word. I think my brain just skipped. 

" Because there's music in those videos."

Duh , but a video is for the single, which is on the radio, they want the masses to have a visual for the single... usually a single/mp3 doesnt get a video until the song does well or has been out - ex) Not Afraid came out way before it got a video

By then the visual is to pick up internet/visual users since NOOOO outlet plays videos at normal hours

The whole label thing taking away music from blogs is downfall

Back
Top Bottom