Unemployed Nters: vol. what are u doing on the couch at 1 p.m.?

I wouldn't mind being unemployed right now if it wasn't for questions like "What are you doing these days?" I don't like to give "nothing"  or "just chilling"as an answer it just makes me feel bad.
ohwell.gif

I wouldn't mind being unemployed right now if it wasn't for questions like "What are you doing these days?" I don't like to give "nothing"  or "just chilling"as an answer it just makes me feel bad.
ohwell.gif

I'm an unemployed graduate looking for a job.  I'm constantly bored. 

*edit*

At 1 pm I'm still asleep. 

I'm an unemployed graduate looking for a job.  I'm constantly bored. 

*edit*

At 1 pm I'm still asleep. 

Originally Posted by d5

ohwell.gif
people ask me that question all the time  but i'd say about 75% of them work jobs they hate and seem miserable so i can since the salt in their voice when they ask me that question, and know about all the fun i've had, things i've done, and places i've gone ever since i got fired from my former place of employment back in april 2009.

i honestly have no desire to go back to work until i find a job that actually pays right, has good benifits, and is worth doing.

but right now at 5:42 pm    i'm watching the laker game,   work would get in the way of that.

Originally Posted by d5

ohwell.gif
people ask me that question all the time  but i'd say about 75% of them work jobs they hate and seem miserable so i can since the salt in their voice when they ask me that question, and know about all the fun i've had, things i've done, and places i've gone ever since i got fired from my former place of employment back in april 2009.

i honestly have no desire to go back to work until i find a job that actually pays right, has good benifits, and is worth doing.

but right now at 5:42 pm    i'm watching the laker game,   work would get in the way of that.

I knew how it felt up until 2 weeks ago. Been working doing legislative research for an information resources company. I graduated last May and waited 9 months to get a position. The job isn't bad because its what I'm interested but my commute is 
sick.gif
. Beltway traffic FTL.

I knew how it felt up until 2 weeks ago. Been working doing legislative research for an information resources company. I graduated last May and waited 9 months to get a position. The job isn't bad because its what I'm interested but my commute is 
sick.gif
. Beltway traffic FTL.

Just got laid off after 2 years of working in sports... damn impending NFL lock out got me laid off last wednesday. So I am sleeping in and enjoying my vacation/severance check... I'll start looking for jobs in a week or 2...

Just got laid off after 2 years of working in sports... damn impending NFL lock out got me laid off last wednesday. So I am sleeping in and enjoying my vacation/severance check... I'll start looking for jobs in a week or 2...

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by d5

ohwell.gif

that's how I feel currently, but as the week's pass, I'm going back to my "just grab anything" ways, and there's nothing worse than working somewhere that you absolutely hate.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by d5

ohwell.gif

that's how I feel currently, but as the week's pass, I'm going back to my "just grab anything" ways, and there's nothing worse than working somewhere that you absolutely hate.

i been on unemployment, so i get around 80% of my average paycheck from my old job, plus financial aid, and my ebay money but i been tempted to get a part time footlocker or nike job strictly for the discount while i finish school, but the job market where i live is pretty bad right now.

i been on unemployment, so i get around 80% of my average paycheck from my old job, plus financial aid, and my ebay money but i been tempted to get a part time footlocker or nike job strictly for the discount while i finish school, but the job market where i live is pretty bad right now.

Originally Posted by Fly Guy On A G5

I have no job.
I'm not broke, but I need to find a gig, but after making it without a 9-5 for like 4 years, its very stressful going through the whole job hunting process again.  I think I've become complacent at not having to be somewhere at a certain time.  The rest of my life is pretty normal.  I dont sell drugs or anything, but I get by, but I know thats not enough.  I just hate job searching, these long *$+ apps, and the rest that job searching involves.

Is anyone in the same boat?  (our boat might sink soon if we dont find a gig)

Share your feelings.

My man, you are far from the only NT'er in this boat.

I just finished my Masters Degree (MBA) in November. I've been applying like crazy since then (total of 150 apps for jobs ranging from entry level to upper level executive), but haven't gotten an offer yet. I also decided not to find a part time gig in between assuming that I'd be able to find something good reasonably quick after graduation.

Turns out, being 23 with an MBA isn't as good as I thought. I'm doing very well money wise still thanks to side hustles, but would like to either find consistent work or start my own business very soon.

Job applications are awful, but unless you have a high level inside source, you have to do them to get a job. It's a grind, but will eventually pay off.

PS: On my usual day at 1pm, I'm either:
A. Running errands.
B. Roaming NT, eBay, Craigslist, or facebook
C. Watching ESPN
D. Playing a sport (basketball, golf, disc golf) or working out when the weather permits

I work on job apps in the morning (9:00-11:00) and then again in the late afternoon/early evening (3:00-6:00). I try to fill out 3-4 a day and have a personal best of 38, which I did on Tuesday
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Fly Guy On A G5

I have no job.
I'm not broke, but I need to find a gig, but after making it without a 9-5 for like 4 years, its very stressful going through the whole job hunting process again.  I think I've become complacent at not having to be somewhere at a certain time.  The rest of my life is pretty normal.  I dont sell drugs or anything, but I get by, but I know thats not enough.  I just hate job searching, these long *$+ apps, and the rest that job searching involves.

Is anyone in the same boat?  (our boat might sink soon if we dont find a gig)

Share your feelings.

My man, you are far from the only NT'er in this boat.

I just finished my Masters Degree (MBA) in November. I've been applying like crazy since then (total of 150 apps for jobs ranging from entry level to upper level executive), but haven't gotten an offer yet. I also decided not to find a part time gig in between assuming that I'd be able to find something good reasonably quick after graduation.

Turns out, being 23 with an MBA isn't as good as I thought. I'm doing very well money wise still thanks to side hustles, but would like to either find consistent work or start my own business very soon.

Job applications are awful, but unless you have a high level inside source, you have to do them to get a job. It's a grind, but will eventually pay off.

PS: On my usual day at 1pm, I'm either:
A. Running errands.
B. Roaming NT, eBay, Craigslist, or facebook
C. Watching ESPN
D. Playing a sport (basketball, golf, disc golf) or working out when the weather permits

I work on job apps in the morning (9:00-11:00) and then again in the late afternoon/early evening (3:00-6:00). I try to fill out 3-4 a day and have a personal best of 38, which I did on Tuesday
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

This CDL book has been talking to me these last few days, might crack it open.
ayo i got the whole test and answers to that junk right now, the hell with tht book.. real talk no b.s. get at me..

Back
Top Bottom