Umm, Netflix... What do you think you're doing right now??

Originally Posted by oo206oo

Am i the only one who has CONSTANT problems with the streaming? I have issues at my work computer AND my laptop. I doubt its my connection.

F Netflix.

it has to be your connection or your browser 
laugh.gif
 thats the only time i have problems with it.

Originally Posted by oo206oo

Am i the only one who has CONSTANT problems with the streaming? I have issues at my work computer AND my laptop. I doubt its my connection.

F Netflix.

it has to be your connection or your browser 
laugh.gif
 thats the only time i have problems with it.

Originally Posted by msaba07

and the funny thing is, they get BIG breaks on shipping costs from the Postal Service ... True greed at its finest right here ... they are out to make their top brass more money, point blank ... smh
It's business. It's always about $$$

Originally Posted by msaba07

and the funny thing is, they get BIG breaks on shipping costs from the Postal Service ... True greed at its finest right here ... they are out to make their top brass more money, point blank ... smh
It's business. It's always about $$$

All I have to say is I am happy I am not working customer service for Netflix anymore. 
laugh.gif
I handled enough calls with angry as hell rude customers back when there was just like a two dollar bump in charges. 

All I have to say is I am happy I am not working customer service for Netflix anymore. 
laugh.gif
I handled enough calls with angry as hell rude customers back when there was just like a two dollar bump in charges. 

the reason why a lot of people are mad is because a lot of people that have netflix ARE broke college students/people that cant affore cable/satellite. i know hella ppl that have netflix because its a cheap option and they cancelled their cable packages so they can afford books and food. SMH at netflix

the reason why a lot of people are mad is because a lot of people that have netflix ARE broke college students/people that cant affore cable/satellite. i know hella ppl that have netflix because its a cheap option and they cancelled their cable packages so they can afford books and food. SMH at netflix

Their licensing fees from the studios is estimated to be increasing from 180 million in 2010 to nearly 2 billion by 2012. The studios are threatened and are charging Netflix as a result. And of course... it's a business, their goal is to make money, so what's the shock?

If you never use the DVD part of your plan, then drop down to streaming only. If you only use the streaming, then drop the DVD. If you want to keep both but if you truly don't use one over the other predominantly, then make your choice. You can always stream then use Redbox for the big releases or use Blockbuster or stream with Amazon or drop it all together and get HBO, etc. The customer has been getting a tremendous value with the old set up, even with Instant's less than stellar selections, it was still a great deal.

At the worst, if this change prompts an exodus from Netflix, then the competition gets stronger, and as a result, the consumer will benefit. Did people think Netflix going to keep their prices constant forever? They provided a better service for cheaper compared to the physical rental chains, they defeat a dying business, and now as top dog they're raising their prices to compensate for rising costs and market domination.

It was a crappy move from a PR standpoint, and a slower increase in price and/or offering a minor increase for current customers would have been much better so those complaints are legitimate. But a lot of the complaints are people just upset for no longer getting a deal that was far more beneficial to the customer than business.

Their licensing fees from the studios is estimated to be increasing from 180 million in 2010 to nearly 2 billion by 2012. The studios are threatened and are charging Netflix as a result. And of course... it's a business, their goal is to make money, so what's the shock?

If you never use the DVD part of your plan, then drop down to streaming only. If you only use the streaming, then drop the DVD. If you want to keep both but if you truly don't use one over the other predominantly, then make your choice. You can always stream then use Redbox for the big releases or use Blockbuster or stream with Amazon or drop it all together and get HBO, etc. The customer has been getting a tremendous value with the old set up, even with Instant's less than stellar selections, it was still a great deal.

At the worst, if this change prompts an exodus from Netflix, then the competition gets stronger, and as a result, the consumer will benefit. Did people think Netflix going to keep their prices constant forever? They provided a better service for cheaper compared to the physical rental chains, they defeat a dying business, and now as top dog they're raising their prices to compensate for rising costs and market domination.

It was a crappy move from a PR standpoint, and a slower increase in price and/or offering a minor increase for current customers would have been much better so those complaints are legitimate. But a lot of the complaints are people just upset for no longer getting a deal that was far more beneficial to the customer than business.

Yeah this just plain sucks. I guess Netflix feels now that Blockbuster is out of the way they can go hard at their customers and it doesn't matter. But talk about a jack move. It'll come back to them in the end. I've had my account on hold forever now and it's going to keep staying on hold. I'm not giving up that kind of money every month. $17.98 plus tax for streaming and one bluray out at a time unlimited. That's rape prices. 

Yeah this just plain sucks. I guess Netflix feels now that Blockbuster is out of the way they can go hard at their customers and it doesn't matter. But talk about a jack move. It'll come back to them in the end. I've had my account on hold forever now and it's going to keep staying on hold. I'm not giving up that kind of money every month. $17.98 plus tax for streaming and one bluray out at a time unlimited. That's rape prices. 

Originally Posted by Dakingii

Originally Posted by DrWater

roll.gif
Crying over 6 dollars
you and SonofTony's posts are what's the problem with people these days.
Its "just 6 dollars" is not a valid enough excuse to charge and 50% increase on a product. And i know people are gonna say "oh you could chose not to use the service", "nobody is forcing you to pay", or !%++ like that but it is the principle of the fact. If this is allowed(which it will be because this country is filled with sheep who will blindly follow anything without giving an opinion), whats to stop other companies from following and jacking up their prices? 

This same scenario could be applied to hundreds of other things that continue to go on in the world(gas prices, tuition increases, etc.).

Stop looking a one incident and saying things like "people must be poor" or "its only so and so amount of money" without thinking of future consequences.
roll.gif
So everyone is a sheep for paying 6 more dollars for Netflix.

Originally Posted by Dakingii

Originally Posted by DrWater

roll.gif
Crying over 6 dollars
you and SonofTony's posts are what's the problem with people these days.
Its "just 6 dollars" is not a valid enough excuse to charge and 50% increase on a product. And i know people are gonna say "oh you could chose not to use the service", "nobody is forcing you to pay", or !%++ like that but it is the principle of the fact. If this is allowed(which it will be because this country is filled with sheep who will blindly follow anything without giving an opinion), whats to stop other companies from following and jacking up their prices? 

This same scenario could be applied to hundreds of other things that continue to go on in the world(gas prices, tuition increases, etc.).

Stop looking a one incident and saying things like "people must be poor" or "its only so and so amount of money" without thinking of future consequences.
roll.gif
So everyone is a sheep for paying 6 more dollars for Netflix.

Originally Posted by taimaishu123

Those poor students who have to choose between books, food, and DVD by-mail/streaming rental service... my heart goes out to them. The popular package will increase by 6 dollars per month. I'm no mathematician but that's about 72 dollars per year of an increase. If that's the difference between a person being able to afford food or textbooks, than they might not need a rental service. This isn't electricity or water, this isn't putting clothing on your childrens backs... it's a TV and movie service, that's it. 

The outrage on social media and the internet has been SHOCKING to me. You raise a rental service by 6 dollars for a lot of people and they're outraged, ready to march against this social injustice. Where's the collective outrage for actual issues and injustices in the world? I know you can apply that logic to anytime people complain over minor/trivial things, but let's keep some perspective.

It's a business. If this particular company doesn't suit your needs the best, than use another one. What did people expect when they left the rental chains for Netflix? 

Originally Posted by taimaishu123

Those poor students who have to choose between books, food, and DVD by-mail/streaming rental service... my heart goes out to them. The popular package will increase by 6 dollars per month. I'm no mathematician but that's about 72 dollars per year of an increase. If that's the difference between a person being able to afford food or textbooks, than they might not need a rental service. This isn't electricity or water, this isn't putting clothing on your childrens backs... it's a TV and movie service, that's it. 

The outrage on social media and the internet has been SHOCKING to me. You raise a rental service by 6 dollars for a lot of people and they're outraged, ready to march against this social injustice. Where's the collective outrage for actual issues and injustices in the world? I know you can apply that logic to anytime people complain over minor/trivial things, but let's keep some perspective.

It's a business. If this particular company doesn't suit your needs the best, than use another one. What did people expect when they left the rental chains for Netflix? 

Got the e-mail yesterday 
30t6p3b.gif
but i do understand that it is a business
and I would be lying if i said i was going to cancel
laugh.gif

What i might do though is downgrade to streaming only after i finish watching the last few season's of Dexter.
I hardly ever used the dvd portion of the service anyway.

Back
Top Bottom