UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: MATCHDAY 6

Kalou!!!!!!!!!!

pimp.gif

that was a great goal sequence from cluj

why isn't this match on setanta? the espn guys bore me

Cluj was putting a great game on, but Chelsea is back to their usual form.

Also, although he's trying to get involved in the final third a bit too much, Mikel has been class. He's barely put a foot wrong, and if he issatisfied simply holding, he is going to be a great player.

Originally Posted by hugebird

Also, although he's trying to get involved in the final third a bit too much, Mikel has been class. He's barely put a foot wrong, and if he is satisfied simply holding, he is going to be a great player.

I was a little weary of him. But your totally right.

He has been nothing but great for us.
pimp.gif

Who was on here saying he was trash?
nerd.gif

And if we are to win ANY title. We need Drogba.

I'll keep saying it....Anelka isn't good enough for our play. Even today you could see how many times Drogba put himself in position to make plays.

i love how we beat Madrid home and away yet cant crack the mystery that is Bate. When is the draw for the round if 16?

The knockout stage draw is set for Dec. 19 at some ungodly hour US time.

[table][tr][td]2008/09 UEFA Champions League
First knockout round - to be played 24/25 February and 10/11 March[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Group winners[/td] [td]Group runners-up[/td] [/tr][tr][td]A AS Roma (ITA)[/td] [td]Chelsea FC (ENG)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]B Panathinaikos FC (GRE)[/td] [td]FC Internazionale Milano (ITA)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]C FC Barcelona (ESP)[/td] [td]Sporting Clube de Portugal (POR)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]D Liverpool FC (ENG)[/td] [td]Club Atlético de Madrid (ESP)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]E Manchester United FC (ENG)
[/td] [td]Villarreal CF (ESP)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]F FC Bayern München (GER)
[/td] [td]Olympique Lyonnais (FRA)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]G FC Porto (POR)
[/td] [td]Arsenal FC (ENG)
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]H Juventus (ITA)[/td] [td]Real Madrid CF (ESP)[/td] [/tr][/table]

Im actually pleased with a 2nd place finish. Theres no clear advantage between 1st and 2nd place. If we examine the 2nd place finishers of each group: Chelsea,Villareal, Atletico Madrid, Internazionale, Olympique Lyonnais, Arsenal, Sporting Portugal, and Real Madrid. This is a list of formidable teams.

Back
Top Bottom