UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE - FIRST KNOCKOUT ROUND

I wonder who will Dani Alves go to..

I hope he ends up in Barcelona for Zambrotta who is most likely going to go to Milan.

Originally Posted by xblaze23

Baps over Sneijder?

My thing with Raul is, he can stay.. but he shouldnt be an unquestionable starter. Im 50/50 with Canna.. ideally I want him to come off the bench..

The defense shortlist depends on what we do with Ramos.. if they keep him at RB, buy Garay. If they move him to CB to partner Pepe, buy Dani Alves. My reasoning for wanting Cannavaro to stay is.. hes a leader. Most recently, vs. Recreativo.. Sergio Ramos did something stupid and got himself a 2nd yellow card.. Cannavaro verbally abused him afterwards. Ramos listened. Heinze has been great.. barring a few "*+!" moments such as that botched tackle in the first leg vs Roma - he just needs to stay healthy/fit.

Next.. Guti.. too inconsistent for my taste.. hes a supersub.. that should be his role. Esteban Granero will be called back. Question is do we move for Diego (Werder Bremen)? he would help greatly with creativity in the middle of the pitch. Not to mention, his natural chemistry with Robinho.

We need to part ways with Saviola and potentially.. Roberto Soldado. The ideal striker reinforcement would be... Karim Benzema.. If hes not for sale this summer then seek a temporary solution. RvN is the best imo but we need someone to relieve pressure from depending on him.

oh and Michel Salgado.. thank you for all you've done but we need to move on.

I'll comment on AirJordanSeattle's post tomorrow (tired)

Diego and Benzema would be my ideal choice too...good thinking

I have a feeling however that Benzema wouldn't trive in La Liga like how is doing currently in Ligue 1.

but, I really hope the team don't try and spend spend spend for next year. I think they have a terrific core of players already, I just still think theyneed time to gel together in unison. Baps and Sneijder was my hardest choice because they both have strengths. I think Baps would be a better CM or CAM thanSneijder, and since Robinho and Drenthe occupy both sides of the wings he would just have to sit down.

Typical Real Madrid fans, they lose in the UCL again so it must be time to completely overhaul the team. No one spends money as carelessly as Madrid. Asalready mentioned, Madrid needs to keep their core together and build some chemistry. You cant buy a UCL title, Chelsea have already proven this to us.

is anyone watching these UEFA Cup games, Toni just had a great volley against Anderletch, Bayern up 2-0 before the half

overhaul the team? these are necessary changes/additions.. our starting centreback is 34 years old and the back up (Metzelder) is injury prone. The defensivereinforcement is necessary. I mention Garay or Alves because Sergio Ramos's future position isnt clear. As I mentioned, I want Cannavaro to stay but as thethird CB.

Guti is inconsistent as hell and clearly shouldnt be the regular starter at our club. Hes been this way his whole career. He'll play one night as if hesthe best player in the world. Then, the next 4-5 games, he plays like utter garbage.

Our starting strikers are 31 and 30. Karim Benzema would be an excellent addition and an investment for the future. He'll be able relieve pressure from RvNimmediately. Then, eventually, replace him. It doesnt have to be Benzema but hes my ideal pick. Saviola has been terrible when hes played and I think Ive hadmore playing time than Soldado.

Michel Salgado is 32 and basically: a disaster waiting to happen on the right.

we lost many players from last year and thus had go through a rebuilding stage. We lost Roberto Carlos, David Beckham, Emerson, Ronaldo, Jose Antonio Reyes,Cicinho, Ivan Helguera among other players last year. They had to be replaced and thats why you saw many purchases last summer. We'll see certain leavethis time around and similiar additions will have to be made.

Even if the Champions League was won.. These changes would have to be made. I base these targets on our performance through La Liga.

overhaul the team? these are necessary changes/additions.. our starting centreback is 34 years old and the back up (Metzelder) is injury prone. The defensive reinforcement is necessary. I mention Garay or Alves because Sergio Ramos's future position isnt clear. As I mentioned, I want Cannavaro to stay but as the third CB.

Guti is inconsistent as hell and clearly shouldnt be the regular starter at our club. Hes been this way his whole career. He'll play one night as if hes the best player in the world. Then, the next 4-5 games, he plays like utter garbage.

Our starting strikers are 31 and 30. Karim Benzema would be an excellent addition and an investment for the future. He'll be able relieve pressure from RvN immediately. Then, eventually, replace him. It doesnt have to be Benzema but hes my ideal pick. Saviola has been terrible when hes played and I think Ive had more playing time than Soldado.

we lost many players from last year and thus had go through a rebuilding stage. We lost Roberto Carlos, David Beckham, Emerson, Ronaldo, Jose Antonio Reyes, Cicinho, Ivan Helguera among other players last year. They had to be replaced and thats why you saw many purchases last summer. We'll see certain leave this time around and similiar additions will have to be made.

Even if the Champions League was won.. These changes would have to be made. I base these targets on our performance through La Liga.

I have to agree with you on many points such as Saldado, Saviola, and Salgado to go, but remember we still have Higuain who I feel will become a big starwithin a year or two. As a top club in the world (and not to mention Fifa team of the century) I still think we are capaable of landing another big time playersoon. Don't get me wrong Robinho is a big star who is able to take over a game at times, but he has consistantly been unconsistant. Barca has Messi, Man Uhas Ronaldo, Milan has Kaka AND Pato.

As big of a mistake the whole Galaticos thing didn't work out because it was overcrowded. Imagine if we had a Figo, Zidance, or Ronaldo in their primeas we speak. We have a great team, yes, but we are just missing one key factor

overhaul the team? these are necessary changes/additions.. our starting centreback is 34 years old and the back up (Metzelder) is injury prone. The defensive reinforcement is necessary. I mention Garay or Alves because Sergio Ramos's future position isnt clear. As I mentioned, I want Cannavaro to stay but as the third CB.

Guti is inconsistent as hell and clearly shouldnt be the regular starter at our club. Hes been this way his whole career. He'll play one night as if hes the best player in the world. Then, the next 4-5 games, he plays like utter garbage.

Our starting strikers are 31 and 30. Karim Benzema would be an excellent addition and an investment for the future. He'll be able relieve pressure from RvN immediately. Then, eventually, replace him. It doesnt have to be Benzema but hes my ideal pick. Saviola has been terrible when hes played and I think Ive had more playing time than Soldado.

we lost many players from last year and thus had go through a rebuilding stage. We lost Roberto Carlos, David Beckham, Emerson, Ronaldo, Jose Antonio Reyes, Cicinho, Ivan Helguera among other players last year. They had to be replaced and thats why you saw many purchases last summer. We'll see certain leave this time around and similiar additions will have to be made.

The funny thing is, some of those guys you want replaced were recently purchased by Real Madrid when the players were in their late-20's or early-30s. Real Madrid dominated in the late-90s up until 2002 because they bought players that had yet to peak and allowed them to form some chemistry together.

Originally Posted by krayziegunts

is anyone watching these UEFA Cup games, Toni just had a great volley against Anderletch, Bayern up 2-0 before the half

Bayern is beasting this year. Playing unbelievable in the Bundesliga

Bayern is beasting this year. Playing unbelievable in the Bundesliga
As they should be, they were an already good squad and added a couple monster players. No way they don't win the UEFA cup.

Also I'm sure you all saw that Mourino wants to go somewhere and kick the crap out of Chelsea in the Champions League. I for one approve of this 100%, theonly question is wheres he going? With Milan and Barca as the two big clubs with talks of the job opening up at I could see him going to either(hes not goingto Milan if they don't make the CL though) Is he that "special" though that a club would dump their manager for him?

TUESDAY, 3:30 pm EST - ESPN2 (LIVE)

inter_logo.gif

vs.

2_liverpool_logo.jpg

0-2 (agg)

stadio-san-siro-milano.jpg

so let me get this ruling straight: if liverpool scores 1 goal, then inter needs at least 4 to win, and if liverpool scores 2, then inter needs 5 due to theaway goals rule...so basically if liverpool scores 1 goal then its pretty much game over. am i correct?

the away goal rule is very very simple.

Basically it comes down to this. Who ever scores the most goals over the 2 legs wins, simple.
BUT, lets say there is a tie at the end of the 2 legs, say 3-3. Then the away goals rule come into effect.
Lets say Inter wins the match tomorrow 3-1, they still lose because in the event of a tie Liverpool scored one goal in Milan as opposed to Milan scoring 0 inLiverpool.
BUT, lets say Inter wins tomorrow2-0, and the aggregate score is 2-2 and no one scored any away goals they will have to go into penalty shoot-out to decide thewinner.

RECAP
Overall score over 2 leg win
BUT, in the even of a tie over the 2 legs, whoever scores the most away goals during the tie moves on to the next round

It's a wrap, Inter Milan's only hope is winning 2-0 and taking it to extra time.

Liverpool is 98% guaranteed to move on, Inter's D is going to be leaky with all those bodies attacking.

They can. The quarter final draw is entirely random so English teams can draw each other.

Back
Top Bottom