UEFA Champions League 2008/2009 - Knockout Round Matchups

Chelsea is gonna give Juve problems...Especially Drogba.

I'm hoping he throws a few coins into the stands and gets himself a suspension for that game..Cause Anelka by himself I'm not worried...Bud Didier is apain in the !+$..

Juve with the win though...Just based on their one big win against Bordeaux, they really haven't dominated teams...Juves no slouch, but neither isChelsea...It's gonna be a great match.

Juventus will take Chelsea easily to me Roca especially if the squads stay the same past the transfer window.

Originally Posted by horchata kid

Ronaldo vs Ibrahimovic...

it's gonna be nuts.
Word
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BEATSLIM

Juventus will take Chelsea easily to me Roca especially if the squads stay the same past the transfer window.

Did you just call me by my old SN?

eek.gif

Who art thou sir?

I accidentally logged out of Roca one night, and some how, my PW changed and never got it back...3 years ago?

I made Yoda as a joke SN...Then I just ended up posting on it..

No offense, but I have no idea who you are..You have an old screen name or something?

Originally Posted by jakecuevas

can somebody please post the game time schedules?

* We've still got a ways to go till Feb, but click on the links for the game times...

[h2]Round of 16[/h2][table][tr][th=""][/th] [th=""][/th] [th=""][/th] [th=""]First leg[/th] [th=""]Second leg[/th] [/tr][tr][td]Atlético[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]Porto[/td] [td]24/02»[/td] [td]11/03»[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Lyon[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]Barcelona[/td] [td]24/02»[/td] [td]11/03»[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Arsenal[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]Roma[/td] [td]24/02»[/td] [td]11/03»[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Internazionale[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]Man. United[/td] [td]24/02»[/td] [td]11/03»[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Real Madrid[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]Liverpool[/td] [td]25/02»[/td] [td]10/03»[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Chelsea[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]Juventus[/td] [td]25/02»[/td] [td]10/03»[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Villarreal[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]Panathinaikos[/td] [td]25/02»[/td] [td]10/03»[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sporting[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]Bayern[/td] [td]25/02»[/td] [td]10/03»[/td] [/tr][/table]
First-leg home team shown first.

We need to email espn about showing these damn games on hd. Simultaneous games he games in espn and espn too. The ratings would be through the roof consideringthe games are before primetime. People could go 2 days without pti, around the horn, Outside the lines etc

ESPN really needs to get their own soccer channel and available to everyone. It'd help them and football in the US dramatically.

Originally Posted by Yoda

ESPN really needs to get their own soccer channel and available to everyone. It'd help them and football in the US dramatically.
Hell no. That would be 2 steps back for soccer in america I think. ESPN is too big of a control freak to not have their hands all over a lot ofthings. They would really ruin it to be honest. They'd buy up the EPL rights from FSC right away, and it'd just get bastardized from there. If Chelseaor United were playing in a time slot, they would ALWAYS be on, no matter what else was on

You'd potentially have Tommy Smyth's annoying self doing every game from the bristol broom closet, instead of just using whoevers doing the game overin England. Which isn't that bad, and it works well enough for the euros, CL, etc. but for games week in and week out, it wouldn't work. You can'thave someone announcing a game thats not there, since when you actually have a view of the whole field you can notice things like guys being totally dominantoff the ball, creating chances, etc. You'd then have these guys shilling for espn all the time too.

The next isssue is that the stuff they'd fill the airwaves with when there wasn't live action going on. FSC does a decent enough job with this, Ireally love the 30 min classic premiership matches they show, or even just full versions of old matches. But when they've replayed the same game 4 times ina week, it gets real boring. This would be the make or break thing for them, they could do some good stuff, or some really bad stuff. But honestly, what doamericans want? Man United. So it would essentially be ESPN United. Just like when you turn on Sportscenter and they're talking about the Yankees,Patriots, Lakers, Brett Favre, etc. . ESPN is only after the dollar, where at least FSC seems to have the goal of getting soccer done proper over here.

Just look at soccernet, its the worst run soccer page out there. They always have stories on the front page that just dissapear an hour later because they tooka tiny gossip rumor and ran it as a leader, only to be styled on by the real soccer press.

I could go on more and more, its just not a good idea, it could work, but in the end I think ESPN would just be out for the money.

Hm..I see what you're saying, and I can see where you're coming from...You've got some great points..

I'd just like to see more football more often. Even if it's like...One "The game of the week" each from the EPL, Serie A, La Liga,Bundesliga, some South American Leagues, etc, it would help the popularity of the sport.

My only complaint with FSC is the repetitiveness of the programming.

Hm..I see what you're saying, and I can see where you're coming from...You've got some great points..

I'd just like to see more football more often. Even if it's like...One "The game of the week" each from the EPL, Serie A, La Liga, Bundesliga, some South American Leagues, etc, it would help the popularity of the sport.

Oh if I could just see one extra game a week I'd be happy too. I'd love to see some La Liga and Bundesliga games period. I've enverseen more than highlights from either save for the random barca games FSC repeats a week later.

I'd agree on the repetitiveness of it. Even fox soccer report repeats things in single episodes. If they would vary their shows it'd be a lot better,theres so much they could show I'm sure, I don't know how they get so repetitive.

Originally Posted by Lootpac

I'd just like to see more football more often. Even if it's like...One "The game of the week" each from the EPL, Serie A, La Liga, Bundesliga, some South American Leagues, etc, it would help the popularity of the sport.

Oh if I could just see one extra game a week I'd be happy too. I'd love to see some La Liga and Bundesliga games period. I've enver seen more than highlights from either save for the random barca games FSC repeats a week later.

I'd agree on the repetitiveness of it. Even fox soccer report repeats things in single episodes. If they would vary their shows it'd be a lot better, theres so much they could show I'm sure, I don't know how they get so repetitive.
Where are you that you don't get GolTV?

In my Comcast package for $5 a month I get FSC, Gol, along with all the Fox College Sports channels, NBATV, NFLTV, and ESPN Classic.

5 bucks is a deal^
Directv charges 12 a month for that same package. I just need nbatv, fox soccer and espn classic. I have the rest.

I want soccer in HD...and i'll be happy

WorldSport HD never has any games. I was surprised when they had El Clasico.

Originally Posted by hugebird

Where are you that you don't get GolTV?

In my Comcast package for $5 a month I get FSC, Gol, along with all the Fox College Sports channels, NBATV, NFLTV, and ESPN Classic.
Colorado. I get almost all the others you mentioned, but no Gol.
Chelsea haters
smh.gif

Glory hunter

its a great draw im looking forward to all the games

i see the utd vs inter game and the chelsea vs juve game as the best ones though

Back
Top Bottom