UEFA Champions League 2008/2009 - Knockout Round Matchups

[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Ties to be played February 24/25 & March 10/11[/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Chelsea[/td] [td]v[/td] [td]Juventus[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Villarreal[/td] [td]v[/td] [td]Panathinaikos[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Sporting Lisbon[/td] [td]v[/td] [td]Bayern Munich[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Atlético Madrid[/td] [td]v[/td] [td]FC Porto[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Lyon[/td] [td]v[/td] [td]Barcelona[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Real Madrid[/td] [td]v[/td] [td]Liverpool[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Arsenal[/td] [td]v[/td] [td]AS Roma[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Internazionale[/td] [td]v[/td] [td]Manchester United[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]

Real Madrid
smh.gif
...it's over we're gonna lose...

^ Real's been struggling... but its gonna be tough for all the English teams...

I'm loving that Man Utd - Inter draw.. Jose vs Fergueson. Maybe Zlatan will actually step up this time..

Chelsea - Juve.. Return of the Tinkerman

and of course, Real Madrid vs the world in the form of Liverpool. Whyyyyyyyyyyyy (Nancy Kerrigan voice.)

i wanted liverpool, i'll settle for chelsea. the three Italy vs England match ups are crazy, theres going to be so much calcio bashing coming out of theU.K., i love it.

for the record Juve over Chelsea, Villareal over Panth., Bayen over Sporting, Athletico over Porto, Barca over Lyon, Liverpool over Real, Roma over Arsenal,Man Utd over Inter.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

laugh.gif
@ Platini fixing the draw so that all the English teams have tough opponents.
Word. How did the the English teams fair so badly in this "draw?"
nerd.gif
I can't even complain though, Chelsea's road to the finalslast year was jokes. I cannot wait for the knockout round to start.

Originally Posted by High St

I think the recent english domaination in europe is about to take a nose dive
laugh.gif

Completely agree, only 2 of the english clubs are gettin outta this round...which two? Im not sure yet

^ Man Utd and Liverpool will be the 2 english team through. Why? Roma's only focus this year is to get to the final in their own building because serie ais a lost cause for them. Liverpool should make easy work of Madrid, their in a downward spiral. Man Utd will handle Inter because....well you just wont evercatch me saying a kind word about Inter. And obviously im not picking Chelsea

I love some of these matchups....now how they happened. Not sure.

But they will make for great games.

Juve is tough. But I think we will advance.

Hopefully Madrid can somehow play well.

Can't wait.
pimp.gif

Chelsea - Juve will be interesting, same with Inter and ManU.

I believe Barcelona will make it to the top 4, but from there it will touch and go.. mind you, if they keep up/increase their La Liga lead, they canconcentrate more on CL i.e resting their top players. This however could also work against them..

laugh.gif
@ people making predictions already and the winter transferwindow hasn't begun.

Wait til February.

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

laugh.gif
@ people making predictions already and the winter transfer window hasn't begun.

Wait til February.

any big name players on the market that are champions league eligible that a team may pick up?

Nothing major will happen in the winter transfer window at least not from the big clubs.

Back
Top Bottom