UCSD ACCIDENTALLY ACCEPTS REJECTED STUDENTS

I'm Asian, I was one of these kids that got rejected.

But yeah, I checked my status at UCSD a couple weeks before hand and I was devestated cause I didn't get in, I didn't know about UCLA, Cal, Cornell andStanford at the time.

So when I got this Email inviting me to admit day, I had already gotten into CAL (recently accepted to Stanford and Cornell) and I was just like wow. sweet, mystreak of acceptance wasn't ruined.

Then an email comes like an hour later and it was an apology letter.

I wasn't so sad about it, but I know that it hurt a lot of kids to be teased like that... It's unfair the amount of stress that kids already face forgetting into college, I can't imagine for those who had SD as their number one...

Anywho..heres the acceptance email.

Hello D____l!

We're thrilled that you've been admitted to UC San Diego, and we're showcasing our beautiful campus on Admit Day.

Hope you can join us this Saturday, April 4 to get an introduction to academic programs, get acquainted with your college, and get a glimpse of the powerfulcombination that can be YOU plus UC San Diego. If you haven't RSVP'd online yet, take a few seconds to let us know you're on your way. If you have,you can update your information and either way, we'll see you here.

You'll have choices all day long, with all the planned programs as well as time to browse the information tables along Library Walk… and there's a lotgoing on for the whole family, too. If you want to indulge your specialized interests, take a break and walk through the School of Medicine campus - it'sacross the street. Or take the free campus shuttle a few blocks down the hill to the Scripps Institution of Oceanography campus (right on the beach) and visitthe Birch Aquarium. The 31st Annual Cultural Celebration is being held on the Thurgood Marshall College campus - enjoy food, dance, and traditions from aroundthe world… or explore campus-wide traditions at a university that's 49 years young!

If you can't be here this weekend but still want to visit, sign up for a campus tour when it matches up with your calendar.

However we get to meet you, we're looking forward to it… congratulations again on your admission!

Office of Admissions and Relations with Schools

Heres the apology.

Dear D____l,

Within the last two hours, you received an email addressed to students who had been admitted to UC San Diego.

As you have quickly realized, this communication was sent to you in error.

On behalf of the Office of Admissions and Relations with Schools, we deeply regret this mistake, because we understand the level of distress it has caused formany of you. In all humility, I ask that you please accept my apologies and those of the University of California, San Diego... and know that we continue towish you success in your educational pursuits.

Sincerely,

Mae W. Brown

Assistant Vice Chancellor and

Director of Admissions

D____l P.
to admissionsreply

show details Mar 30 (2 days ago)

Hello,

My name is ________, UC application #51*****, and I just received this email, posted below, from the office of admissions stating that I was admitted to theUniversity, but I checked my application status prior to and it said I was not admitted, and now I receive an Email saying it was a mistake. Thanks for f______toying with me. Good thing I didn't want to go to your piece of ____ school anyway. Just so you know, you probably ruined a lot of kid's lives withthat. You guy's should think about paying for some of these kid's therapy bills or something. As for me, I'll be heading to Berkeley in the fall,your better counterpart. As always. GO TRITONS! Thank you for your time.

I was peeved.
smile.gif

Cal was the school I wanted to attend. I'd be lying if I said it wasn't one of the better universities in Cali.
frown.gif

laugh.gif
nice response I prolly wouldve done the same thing.

Imagine if this happened to Berkeley or UCLA
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 49ers650

Originally Posted by Frankie Valentino

As a rule of thumb, if you're not asian, you probably didn't get into UCSD.
<Exception to the rule.

me too
pimp.gif

but here at ucsd, I'm pretty sure it's less than 1% black. DEFINITELY not more than 3% at the absolute most. so yea.

and about things being socially dead... it's true. i feel no motivation to do anything here... glad i don't live in the dorms.
glasses.gif

but there's a few hot asian chicks & white chicks. they all think they're smarter than me though
indifferent.gif
smh.gif

I hope they get hell for this. Screw UCSD. They rejected me for undergrad in 2005. I then got into UC Berkeley, am about to finish with almost a triple majorand a 3.95 GPA, and I recently got accepted to Columbia, NYU, and Berkeley Law--the #4, 5, and 6 law schools in the country (still waiting on Harvard,Stanford, and Yale). My advice for people starting college next year: don't worry if you get rejected from this or that school. It's an arbitrary,mechanical lottery run a lot of the time by incompetent people. Don't let it tell you anything about your intelligence, talents, or potential. All you cando is make the schools regret it wherever you end up going.

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

laugh.gif
nice response I prolly wouldve done the same thing.

Imagine if this happened to Berkeley or UCLA
laugh.gif

Didn't this happen to UCLA a couple years ago?
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
nice response up there, i would've gone ape#@%^ on those guys. i'm sure my school (U of MD) has made similar mistakes, hell they lost mytranscripts in the past.

"Mom! Dad! I got in, I got in!"

*Checks NikeTalk*

"
frown.gif
"

roll.gif

Shoulda took some time out to study!
roll.gif

damn that sucks. I can see someone coming to Admit Day and causing hell. I'd sue em for emotional distress. holla

Originally Posted by Black Entourage inc

<Exception to the rule.

me too
pimp.gif

but here at ucsd, I'm pretty sure it's less than 1% black. DEFINITELY not more than 3% at the absolute most. so yea.

eek.gif

Thanks guys, it felt liberating to tell them off.

I'm sure I'm not the only one.

But for my fellow rejectees to UCSD, don't let it effect you.
It just wasn't meant to be. You'll be happy anywhere you go as long as you want yourself to be happy.
Although the school helps, the school is definitely not what makes your college experience. You can be as happy as you allow yourself to be.

So...
Move on and go put in work somewhere else!

smile.gif

lol.

You shouldn't feel too bad. UCSD is okay, at best. I attended UCSD for the Fall 08 quarter and left soon afterwards for community college. Personally, fornearly the same price I rather attend CAL/UCLA and CC has fairly decent acceptance rates to those schools. Really, UCSD is just a safety school for themajority of smart kids who have a decent shot at UCLA/CAL.

Also, if you really want to go to a school in SD for FUN, go to SDSU. Oh yeah, I think there were only 3 black kids in my specific college , which has around700 or so students.

It's a shame that they put them in Africa Residential Hall. (The Res Halls are named after continents)

<Exception to the rule.

me too
pimp.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

i didn't know i was right!!!!

good lord. we must be some smart black dudes.
pimp.gif
(wait, you're blackright?)

Originally Posted by Beats05

I hope they get hell for this. Screw UCSD. They rejected me for undergrad in 2005. I then got into UC Berkeley, am about to finish with almost a triple major and a 3.95 GPA, and I recently got accepted to Columbia, NYU, and Berkeley Law--the #4, 5, and 6 law schools in the country (still waiting on Harvard, Stanford, and Yale). My advice for people starting college next year: don't worry if you get rejected from this or that school. It's an arbitrary, mechanical lottery run a lot of the time by incompetent people. Don't let it tell you anything about your intelligence, talents, or potential. All you can do is make the schools regret it wherever you end up going.
sick.gif

*Throws out law school apps.*

Originally Posted by Beats05

I hope they get hell for this. Screw UCSD. They rejected me for undergrad in 2005. I then got into UC Berkeley, am about to finish with almost a triple major and a 3.95 GPA, and I recently got accepted to Columbia, NYU, and Berkeley Law--the #4, 5, and 6 law schools in the country (still waiting on Harvard, Stanford, and Yale). My advice for people starting college next year: don't worry if you get rejected from this or that school. It's an arbitrary, mechanical lottery run a lot of the time by incompetent people. Don't let it tell you anything about your intelligence, talents, or potential. All you can do is make the schools regret it wherever you end up going.

Shows how random UC admissions are, it's seriously like a lottery like Burn (i think) said. I got into UCSD but got rejected from Cal, I wish it were theother way around but now I don't regret it cuz I think I'm getting into the flow of my education.

UCSD really is a good school. It doesn't have the prestige as UCLA or Cal but really, academically there isn't even a huge difference. UCLA and Cal aremore famous because of their athletic programs and they just have more history. It's definitely more of a college experience to go to LA/Cal though,that's not even a question. But if you're speaking solely about getting an education, I have no complaints about UCSD
pimp.gif

<Exception to the rule.

me too
pimp.gif

eek.gif

Thats not that bad...if they would've realized it weeks after people started paying and making payments then it would be terrible

Back
Top Bottom