Two 18 x Air Jordan 2 Low

Yeah it was supposed to be friends and family but I guess the invites got sent out more than they were supposed to……I can’t really say cause they sold a lot of pairs today but the workers and Ro kept emphasizing they’ll have plenty of pairs for everybody
I hope so. Literally took a day off work to make sure I could slide through and grab a pair and some of gear. I have plenty of PTO to burn and still probably won't use it all but I'll be a little salty if I can't cop.

I think you will good it’s 2 separate releases one at two18 and then another at burn rubber….on top of I seen they went to a middle school in Pontiac and gave away 200 pair

DE1CF562-5E69-47F4-BE34-F94643372364.jpeg

Quality is amazing 🔥

I think you will good it’s 2 separate releases one at two18 and then another at burn rubber….on top of I seen they went to a middle school in Pontiac and gave away 200 pair
That's dope. The way they are handling this rollout definitely makes me want a couple pairs even more.

Yeah, I'm here too and this has been.......interesting. I'm close to the front but I'd be lying if I said I felt confident. People walking back with pairs saying they ran out of certain sizes 🤦🏿‍♂️. Could be cap. We shall see.

Yeah, I'm here too and this has been.......interesting. I'm close to the front but I'd be lying if I said I felt confident. People walking back with pairs saying they ran out of certain sizes 🤦🏿‍♂️. Could be cap. We shall see.
Were you able to secure a pair? I've heard around 5K pairs were out there but not sure how true that is...

Recap.....secured the kicks. None of the gear was available in the sizes I need but restocks were promised. The line could have been managed better.....the usual cutting/attempted cutting, line stacking, adults surprising inability to follow simple instructions (is it really that hard to get in an orderly line🤷🏿‍♂️?), and no release would be complete without your usual cast of local resellers scrapping up as many pairs as they can by any means possible. Fortunately I was surrounded by some very dope, peaceful, and entertaining people in my area of the line so the wait wasn't as painful as it could have been. In the future I would hope for a bit more preparation in regards to managing the line.....where to line up, how to line up, maybe markets or having spaced chained or roped off. That being said even with my logistics background I have never ever managed an FCFS sneaker release and I know how easy it is to attempt to quarterback a "perfect game" from the sidelines. So, I am certain there are details I'm not privy to that make this task complicated and challenging. All in all, I got the kicks and I'm very satisfied with this release. Very proud of how they put on for the city and how the city responded.

20221014_165237.jpg

20221014_165235.jpg

Were you able to secure a pair? I've heard around 5K pairs were out there but not sure how true that is...
No idea how many pairs but everybody before me and around me got what they wanted. Only the gear was hard to get in certain sizes. I think only large sizes started to get scarce and maybe a couple small sizes. Drove by Burn Rubber on my way home and they had a decent line too. Not as much as Two18. Staff kept assuring us that everyone should get pairs. This is easily the longest line I've ever been a part of. I was in the middle nearer the front and from release at 2:18pm I wasn't checking out until about 5pm. Gad I took the day off. Definitely wouldn't have been able to do this on a lunch break. If Ro is able to make sure the whole city ate that would be epic regardless of how you feel about the shoe. Only Detroit affiliated Jordan besides Eminems models and only the second that actually released to the public next to the Eminem 2s. Pretty epic no matter how you slice it.

20221015_092710.jpg

Missed on the gear but fortunately I had this fit from The Collectve in Ferndale MI. The ladies have on Buffs and the hoodie has Northland Mall call backs like Otto's popcorn etc. TheCarhartt work vest they did is one ofy most complimented items. Usually don't go this matchy but it worked. Ended up leaving the leather fanny pack at home🤣

Back
Top Bottom