Twilight's 'New Moon' wolfs down $140.7M in opening weekend

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

No amount of
smh.gif
can show my disgust right now... At least it didn't break The Dark Knight.

memphisboy, your avy almost gave me a seizure

i kinda wanna see this movie. any other guy on here actually read the books?.......
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by Regal Black

Originally Posted by cuppiecakie

Wait until Eclipse comes out. It'll probably do more.

I've heard its the best one in the series. The way that New Moon ended, I won't be surprised if Eclipse does the same amount if not more.
It is. And it comes out earlier than expected so it'll be a madhouse.

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Originally Posted by knightngale

wait but sunday is not even over
nerd.gif
Yea I never got how box office numbers come in before sunday is even over, how do they caculate that?
Just estimates. Friday/Saturday are the biggest days, so they just get the early Sunday numbers and basically guess based on how well itperformed the past two days.

i saw it...unfortunately

the only thing im taking out of this movie is that i need to hit the gym harder. Jacob looking buff...no h@mo

Originally Posted by youngmoney

i saw it...unfortunately

the only thing im taking out of this movie is that i need to hit the gym harder. Jacob looking buff...no h@mo
laugh.gif
girls was going crazy

i saw it...unfortunately

This. Definitely a girl movie. Definitely.

Originally Posted by dkjordan23

memphisboy i, your avy almost gave me a seizure

i kinda wanna see this movie. any other guy on here actually read the books?.......
embarassed.gif

Fixed.

Originally Posted by Regal Black

i saw it...unfortunately

laugh.gif
girls was going crazy
from what i hear from my friends, they were making orgasmic noises everytime he was on the screen. Im definitely going to hit the gym harder thanever before just to match half of the amount of muscle he put on.

Saw this with my girlfriend. >.<

Wasnt that bad really, but the nightmare scenes were annoying as hell especially cause i was in the front row cause we got there like a minute before theactual movie started. Maddddd loud.

Edward all flabby and +%+%.
laugh.gif

80% of them were females, pretty insane.
Only thing that bothers me is that neither of these films are actually great movies. People are just in Love with the story, so no matter how the movie turnsout, people will Love it because of the story. It still boggles my mind how this franchise blew up the way it did. There's seriously nothing special aboutit. I'm not going to throw the entire 'its a chick flick movie, so it'll suck'..because it seriously doesn't matter what kind of movie itis. A great movie, is a great movie [ex: Devil Wears Prada].
Anyways, congratulations to them. Those are some incredible numbers and dedicated fans.

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

80% of them were females, pretty insane.
Only thing that bothers me is that neither of these films are actually great movies. People are just in Love with the story, so no matter how the movie turns out, people will Love it because of the story. It still boggles my mind how this franchise blew up the way it did. There's seriously nothing special about it. I'm not going to throw the entire 'its a chick flick movie, so it'll suck'..because it seriously doesn't matter what kind of movie it is. A great movie, is a great movie [ex: Devil Wears Prada].
Anyways, congratulations to them. Those are some incredible numbers and dedicated fans.

Thats a lot of money, can't believe it made over 100+ million. I will never doubt the power of obsessed 15 year old girls. Should have seen it coming whenI saw girls camping out 4 days in westwood just so they can see the premiere. Not the movie just people walking on the red carpet.

Went to see that last night on a date. This girl Ashley told me she isn't even into white guys, LIAR!!!
laugh.gif
I can't believe I payed $18.50 just to see her check out some gaywerewolves and vampires. There wasn't even any fine women in that movie!
smh.gif

I'm a Twilight Fan. Just like the girls tell me, I'm the only straight guy they know that reads the books. I really enjoyed this movie, just like thebooks. I've never been afraid to admit that I have emotions and I'm a sucker for love stories. Can't wait for Eclipse in June/July.

Originally Posted by Da XpLiCiT OnE

I'm a Twilight Fan. Just like the girls tell me, I'm the only straight guy they know that reads the books. I really enjoyed this movie, just like the books. I've never been afraid to admit that I have emotions and I'm a sucker for love stories. Can't wait for Eclipse in June/July.

I agree 100%. I read a lot of books, maybe 1 or 2 a week. I like anything with a good story..and this is a great story. Decent writing, but great premiseand concept. I am REALLLLLY interested to see what they do with book 3/4 in the movies because of all the shexin talk and what not. Should be interesting tosee how they play that out.

Had to go with my girl. Almost got yelled at by other chicks for snoring.

These girls did a standing ovation when the vampire appeared on the screen

#@*?

Back
Top Bottom