Troy or Gladiator?

Gladiator. No doubt. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

I like Troy, but it doesn't compare to Gladiator.

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next. 
You can't beat that. 
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
Was Troy and Gladiator set during the same time? I remember in the movie Troy, Odysseus says something like, "Troy has the finest army in the east". I believe Gladiator was set around 300 BC? 
Homer's Illiad takes place in ~1194 BC during in Ancient Greece. Gladiator is set in Ancient Rome like 1200 years after that 
03e15cef99a12ee6bbd03219196dd61dd9b05d1.gif
. I wanna say maybe 150-200 AD

actually it had to take place after 180AD because Commodus didnt come into power until then. Joaquin Phoenix played Commodus

Gladiator for numerous reasons. Better writing, acting, directing, editing, mise-en-scene, etc.

Some of the visuals featuring ancient Rome and the Coliseum were just
eek.gif
pimp.gif

The history buff side of me hated them both, though 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Capricorn1229

Troy for Achilles.
This. No love for Troy? That quote in the beginning where he dumps on that little kids face always makes me laugh.

"The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him"
"Thats why no one will remember your name"

laugh.gif
smokin.gif

I haven't watched Gladiator since i was like 14 though so maybe I'm bias.

GLADIATOR with ease
plus they butchered the true story of achilies and hector etc.

in the true story hector was a *^&%% 

achilies was killed on accident by Paris, unlike how the movie made dude into a sharp shooter.

hector killes achilies' cousin on purpose once he realized who it was and took his armor to rub it in. Despite how in the movie they actually made people feel bad for hector when he got sonned.

gladiotor cuz I never seen troy.

Im gonna try to watch it now tho cuz this thread sparked my interest.

Gladiator. I did however just watched Spartacus: Blood and Sand, the tv show, and i was blown away. Made me actually want to go buy the series on Blu Ray. 

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

Gladiator. I did however just watched Spartacus: Blood and Sand, the tv show, and i was blown away. Made me actually want to go buy the series on Blu Ray. 
watch the movie. it's an oldie but goodie
pimp.gif

when tyler durden ties dude to the back of that chariot and rolls off just muggin his entire kingdom.....

eek.gif
eek.gif

is the directors cut of troy better than the original released version?

because unless we are talking 'kingdom of heaven'/'sucker punch' type jumps from the theatrically released version to the directors cut, this question is insulting

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

is the directors cut of troy better than the original released version?

because unless we are talking 'kingdom of heaven'/'sucker punch' type jumps from the theatrically released version to the directors cut, this question is insulting
33 more mins of gore and they toss babies like footballs 
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom